Author Topic: Why Is It So Different This Year?  (Read 3274 times)

Re: Why Is It So Different This Year?
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2012, 12:22:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
tonight was garbage coaching and then we were just snakebit.

why does doc let them take jumpers when we could not throw the ball in the ocean?

why do we not dribble drive and/or dish or post up KG when it matters?

pure luck got us to OT. then when we get to OT KG misses two baby shots from 3 feet out. unbelievable. should have never gotten to that situation.

we need a big guy now to post up and be the go to guy when we suck at jumpers. nah nevermind doc would not allow it. *banging head against wall*

I wonder, do you realize that it is the players themselves that are deciding to take the shots that you are complaining about.  KG and Jet had a LOT of good looks tonight.  They were just off with the shooting.  KG had a number of shots inside.  These are shots Doc probably wants them to take.  I mean, what do you expect Doc to do?  KG is our best player.  Are you going to sit KG and watch our D fall apart at the seams? 

This blaming everything on Doc has gotten way out of hand.  The players are the ones that make the plays on the court, be it good or bad.  If Doc had more options with his lineup maybe he would sit KG / Jet more who knows.  Doc has taken responsibility for the team, again and again after bad losses.  But it is the players who ultimately have to step up.

we have no inside game. the vast majority of our shots are lower percentage jumpers. not high % like tommy screams his head off about when you attack the basket and get in the paint also.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Re: Why Is It So Different This Year?
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2012, 12:28:49 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Sure, they miss Avery Bradley.  But Courtney Lee and Jason Terry should have been able to fill in more than adequately.
Neither player can replace what Bradley did for the team last year.

Replace?  Absolutely not.  But adequately approximate the role and production that Bradley gave them?  I don't think that's asking too much.

I didn't necessarily expect this team to play .700 ball to start the season like they did at the end of last season.  But barely staying afloat above .500?  I'm completely at a loss.

offensively, maybe. But defensively neither Lee or Terry are on Bradleys level of impacting a game.

BUT

Bradley is an ELITE defensive player...like KG, he helps cover up for alot of other guys deficiencies..

I dont know why people are so hesitant to give him credit for helping to turn our season/defense around last year.

think about it, KG was calling bradley our "defensive leader"