Author Topic: Brutal 12 game stretch coming!  (Read 1679 times)

Brutal 12 game stretch coming!
« on: December 15, 2012, 08:00:01 AM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
This stretch of games could define our season. I think we'll know whether it's time to rebuild or not at it's conclusion. IMHO it looks grim however. Eight road games, and only the Kings looking like a good chance at a win, and they've even been surprising some teams lately.  Home against Cavs, Bucks, Grizz and Pacers doesn't look good either. Bucks have already given us fits. Pacers we never do well against. No chance against Grizz. So that leaves Cavs. Good chance there, but Kyrie is back, and we haven't been able to stop him in his brief career against us, and Sideshow Bob will probably get 40 rebounds.
Worst case is probably 2-10, 1-11. Best case 5-6. The way we're playing--I'm not hopeful, but at least we'll know whether it's time to throw in the towel and start rebuilding or not!

Re: Brutal 12 game stretch coming!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 09:16:05 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Bradley should likely be returning during this stretch too..should be interesting
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 09:30:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
This stretch of games could define our season. I think we'll know whether it's time to rebuild or not at it's conclusion. IMHO it looks grim however. Eight road games, and only the Kings looking like a good chance at a win, and they've even been surprising some teams lately.  Home against Cavs, Bucks, Grizz and Pacers doesn't look good either. Bucks have already given us fits. Pacers we never do well against. No chance against Grizz. So that leaves Cavs. Good chance there, but Kyrie is back, and we haven't been able to stop him in his brief career against us, and Sideshow Bob will probably get 40 rebounds.
Worst case is probably 2-10, 1-11. Best case 5-6. The way we're playing--I'm not hopeful, but at least we'll know whether it's time to throw in the towel and start rebuilding or not!

Agree with most all this .  Its sad , but true , the way this team is struggling , maybe 2 -3 wins with current lineups .   With Bradley maybe 5 or 6 .  ( which would be amazing given what has already transpired.)

Celtics are lucky Green has stepped up his game and KG seems to feel good despite his age.

Green  and Barbosa need more minutes.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 09:34:50 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Since you already see 5-6 as the best case, you see us going 17-16 in your optimistic prediction.
Say, then, would you throw in the towel at that record?

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 10:00:43 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Worst case is probably 2-10, 1-11. Best case 5-6.
So you are expecting us to go 3-9 or 4-8. I think we'll do better than that in which case you won't need to throw in the towel just yet. If we are playing above your expectations there won't be a need to give up.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
Worst case is probably 2-10, 1-11. Best case 5-6.
So you are expecting us to go 3-9 or 4-8. I think we'll do better than that in which case you won't need to throw in the towel just yet. If we are playing above your expectations there won't be a need to give up.

Since you already see 5-6 as the best case, you see us going 17-16 in your optimistic prediction.
Say, then, would you throw in the towel at that record?

I surely wouldn't be encouraged not to----unless:

1) AB appears to be having a huge differnce in our play, or
2) DA has recently swung a trade for a player/s that give good reason that a turn around would be quite possible

As currently constructed, however, if we did go, say 3-8 or 4-9, with AB playing and no changes, I'd pretty much say it's rebuilding time!

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
Given the surprise teams bucks etc.. Is there a chance this team misses the playoffs??

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Given the surprise teams bucks etc.. Is there a chance this team misses the playoffs??

Hard to believe the Celtics finish with a worse record than the Bucks AND the Sixers AND the Nets AND the Pacers AND the Bulls AND the Hawks.

At least a couple of those teams, at this rate, will probably end up higher in the standings.  But most, or all of them?  I doubt it.  That's what it would take for the Cs to miss the playoffs.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
With the way the past few seasons have been, with teams with losing records sneaking into the 7th or 8th seeds, I think we'll probably still make it, perhaps with a losing record!
I'm still really hoping DA can pull something off, if we are really "all in" this year, to make one last run! If he doesn't, I would rather keep our young players and commence rebuilding immediately.  No sense backing into the playoffs, worsening our draft spot, and losing in the first or second round!
On another note, though---sometimes Danny does pull something off, and you go "what the ........!!!!!! ;D

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 02:27:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
With the way the past few seasons have been, with teams with losing records sneaking into the 7th or 8th seeds, I think we'll probably still make it, perhaps with a losing record!
I'm still really hoping DA can pull something off, if we are really "all in" this year, to make one last run! If he doesn't, I would rather keep our young players and commence rebuilding immediately.  No sense backing into the playoffs, worsening our draft spot, and losing in the first or second round!
On another note, though---sometimes Danny does pull something off, and you go "what the ........!!!!!! ;D

At this point last season people who claimed there was a decent chance we'd finish ahead of Philly in the standings were referred to as delusional. It's way too early to throw in the towel.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 02:34:53 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
You would think fans wouldve learned from last year that just because the C's dont look so hot early in the season not to doubt them..

but I guess its the same, we have no chance, will probably miss the playoffs,....until we go on some streak near the all-star break and everyone comes back praising the team.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 03:07:24 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
I surely wouldn't be encouraged not to----unless:

1) AB appears to be having a huge differnce in our play, or
2) DA has recently swung a trade for a player/s that give good reason that a turn around would be quite possible

As currently constructed, however, if we did go, say 3-8 or 4-9, with AB playing and no changes, I'd pretty much say it's rebuilding time!

I don't know. Things wouldn't be looking promising. But if there isn't something good for rebuilding purpose present on market, it would also mean rebuilding should wait till the end of the season. Since it's going to take time, there is no need to pull the trigger just for the sake of doing it, in my opinion.

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »

Offline OhioGreen

• Jaylen Brown
I'm really torn with these C's.  I keep watching game after game, telling myself they can't be this bad! Then they play well in a couple spurts or a game, and I get psyched---only to be dashed back to earth...and it keeps happening time after time after time.  Hey, we've had a complete preseason and more than a fourth of the regular season. It's just not coming together! And, come on. Last year was an incredible turn around, but please, those things are very rare, so even drinking the green koolaid I can't convince myself that lightning is gonna strike twice in the same place!
Now, perhaps with a trade(or two), that's a different story! It's what I hold out hope for and I believe far more credible than we just all of a sudden start playing like a championship team!
Last year we inserted AB into the starting lineup and moved KG to center and the results were unbelievable. I just don't see a personnel tweak that could produce those results this year!

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I miss being able to look at the schedule and think, hmmm, win, win, win, win, win, close game but win, win, maybe loss, win.

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 04:55:37 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I'm really torn with these C's.  I keep watching game after game, telling myself they can't be this bad! Then they play well in a couple spurts or a game, and I get psyched---only to be dashed back to earth...and it keeps happening time after time after time.  Hey, we've had a complete preseason and more than a fourth of the regular season. It's just not coming together! And, come on. Last year was an incredible turn around, but please, those things are very rare, so even drinking the green koolaid I can't convince myself that lightning is gonna strike twice in the same place!
Now, perhaps with a trade(or two), that's a different story! It's what I hold out hope for and I believe far more credible than we just all of a sudden start playing like a championship team!
Last year we inserted AB into the starting lineup and moved KG to center and the results were unbelievable. I just don't see a personnel tweak that could produce those results this year!

All I can say is, good luck getting through the rest of the regular season, it's going to be a long 4 months for you.