Author Topic: we REALLY could use Avery Bradley back  (Read 679 times)

we REALLY could use Avery Bradley back
« on: December 15, 2012, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 365
the problem with our defense doesnt start with our bigs, it starts with our GUARDS...Rondo/Terry cant stay in front of anyone. and Lee does on a limited basis.

people neglect the fact that when your guards allow so much dribble penetration, and guys to race down the floor in transition it puts your bigs in a position to have to STEP UP.

and when they do that leaves their man open.

I'm interested to see how the defense looks once Bradley gets back. because if he can keep his guy in front of him, and his ball pressure takes 15seconds off the clock then our defense looks totally different.

people forget this defense was one of the best in the NBA last year with practically the same lineup...the only difference is the absence of Avery bradley and our guards are porous.

Re: we REALLY could use Avery Bradley back
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 12:17:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Bradley will help but people expecting every game to look like highlights from those Orlando games will be fairly disappointed.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 07:08:34 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Bradley will help but people expecting every game to look like highlights from those Orlando games will be fairly disappointed.

I will repeat this:  when Bradley was our starting SG we were the best team in the league with a 70% winning rate and were putting up historic defensive numbers.  When he comes back, that same starting 5 will be here.

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 07:13:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

I will repeat this:  when Bradley was our starting SG we were the best team in the league with a 70% winning rate and were putting up historic defensive numbers.  When he comes back, that same starting 5 will be here.

I tell you what, if Avery does comeback and spur the Celtics on streak of excellent play, he will skyrocket in value.

That would be a win/win situation.

I'm not counting on it, though it may be plausible.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:18:38 PM by KGs Knee »