Author Topic: You tell me what the Celtics looks like after the trade deadline!  (Read 8658 times)

Re: You tell me what the Celtics looks like after the trade deadline!
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2012, 07:38:26 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The idea of Minnesota trading Kevin Love isn't crazy.  The idea that the Celtics could outbid another team is.  I can't imagine the Celtics making a trade for an All-Star-caliber player without a potential lottery pick to give away.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2012, 08:18:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The idea of Minnesota trading Kevin Love isn't crazy.  The idea that the Celtics could outbid another team is.  I can't imagine the Celtics making a trade for an All-Star-caliber player without a potential lottery pick to give away.
I think Minnesota is year or two away from considering trading Kevin Love.

They'll continue to try and build around him for now. If it isn't coming together and then when they become worried about Love staying, they'll consider moving him.

« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:07 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It really depends on how long Danny's willing to wait.
He could give this entire unit a playoff run knowing how deep we are and the fact that we have so many options.
He may wait till the offseason to make some moves.

If he thinks 'darn we only have 2 or 3 good seasons with KG and Pierce' then he could roll the dice very early (ie: December 15th) and try and land us something.

Most likely traded: Avery Bradley, Courtney Lee, Brandon Bass, Jared Sullinger.

Most likely acquired: Gortat, Byron Mullens, Jermaine Oneal.

I could see Danny moving Lee or Melo+pick for Byron Mullens of the Bobcats. Size, can shoot, can play D, is up for contract next year so he'd be a rental 7 footer that has earned his time as a starter in the NBA- could be an excellent pairing with Rondo around the rim and can also stretch the floor with his shooting. On defense he'd work his butt off with KG too. He's got horrible point guards feeding him the ball and with Rondo putting passes in his lap all night I feel he'd be a 15 ppg center. His rebounding isn't great but his defense is solid- he replaced Bismack as the starting C I think this season.
People will laugh but I think it's someone like this that we could get with Lee+ a pick before his time is up with the Bobcats- it would solidify their chances at the lottery again too which is only good for them.

I just can't see us getting Smith or Verajao unless Danny wants to give up Avery, Bass and Sullinger + picks.
Should be interesting.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:49:26 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I'll also add that Bass having that poor game vs the Rockets (2 points I think?) is an indicator that he's on the trade block or thinking about it. Just my own personal speculation but it would be messing with his head I think.
Bass+Courtney are definitely on the block.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.