Author Topic: This C's team. A Bad team or a REALLY Bad team?  (Read 5014 times)

Re: This C's team. A Bad team or a REALLY Bad team?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 01:11:11 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
when there are teams like the washington wizards, raptors, even the lakers below .500 its hard to call the Celtics a "really bad team"

this team looked FAR worse last year and turned it up when bradley began starting for them. I have a feeling we will look back at threads like this in a few months and laugh at them

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 01:17:17 AM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
What is it exactly that you see in this team that makes you think they aren't a bad team? They lose games that only bad teams would lose, they play like crap for most of ALL games. Do you see something I don't see?

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 01:23:15 AM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
Neither.

Yet another one of these "Celtics lose therefore they suck, I'm never watching them again" thread. You should join badshar. Both o you have given up on this team early this season, and then come back all loving when they start winning.

We have a winning record and we beat some very good teams along the way, and we lost some. But we are not a bad team. You are just setting your expectations WAAAAAY to high.

so youre done with this team huh? Alright, im sorry youre disappointrd. But, like what I did with badshar, I will call you out if you come back all supportive when they start winning.

Yea ok, call me out, does that mean I get to call you out whenever we dont win a champ? Becasue thats what you play for in this league, anything else is a failure. Expectaions WAY TO HIGH HUH? okee man whatever. You think this team is good and is going to win a title this year? You're delusional, and I will be back here to tell you I told you so.

Don;t know what team you're watching, but you're delusional if you think this team is anything but a bad team with one quality win. ONE!

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 01:42:07 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Those are your choices, becasue as I see it this team is total garbage. People are already calling the Lakers garbage, at what point do you realize this team is a shadow of its former self. Other C's teams would not have lost against a Houston team thats been gutted and has one young star. Other C's teams would not have lost the games they have, let teams back into game constantly and basically suck. This team SUCKS and it makes me sick to watch how bad they are.

suck

Some posters on this board are unbelievable. Are these threads going to happen after every loss?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I come on here after losses sometimes just to laugh at what some people post. 22 games into the season. 60 games left......

Please, those of you that are giving up on the team now please leave the forums, that way we dont get silly threads like this after each and every loss.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 02:16:53 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I come on here after losses sometimes just to laugh at what some people post. 22 games into the season. 60 games left......

Please, those of you that are giving up on the team now please leave the forums, that way we dont get silly threads like this after each and every loss.

2nd that...real fans stick with their team

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 02:24:59 AM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
What are you all talking about? The C's are my team.  All I am telling you is that they suck? Do you lack reading comprehension? If you want to come here and debate me, fine but to falsely accuse me of something is just blatant ignorance.

sorry that your beloved C's suck, but they do, come here to debate that or talk about why they suck or what they can do, please do that. other wise, shove off.

I think this team lacks too many things to even begin to fix it.

Cohesion
Chemistry
Intensity
Coach who can;t figure out where this teams strengths lie
ETC
ETC

I wont come here to refute all the morons who come here to tell me not to post, screw you. Make your own dammed post about how great you think this team is and don't post unless you have something to say that's based in reality or ideas that this team can make a reasonable change to their fundamental identities to change how bad they are.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 02:50:45 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
This team is rebuilding, with primarily only four players that had significant minutes from last year. Did you honestly expect them to play any differently after 20 games into the season?!? It's slowly coming together as it should, with some great defense and running the floor, and flashes of brilliance from some of the young guys, like Sully and Green, and just more time needed to get Jet and Lee in the flow.

Listen, you can't put this many new guys into a system and expect them to be a consistent, cohesive unit at both ends of the floor at least until mid-season, and then we've got to add Bradley and shake things up a bit once more for his purpose. I didn't expect to see great ball until late January, and even that was optimistic, because at this level it just plain takes time.

But with the level Paul and especially KG are playing at, and Rondo's incredible play-making, by post-season they will be ready to contend, and those without patience or a realistic perspective of just what's required at this level to produce consistent dominance in the NBA, will just have to settle for the Red Claws. I mean, come on ... this takes patience, adjustment, practice, and time, and if you expected great ball from this team this early in such a rebuilding season, you just weren't having realistic expectations.

This is absolutely a good team, a good team that is struggling a bit because it's rebuilding, but a team that plays amazing defense when it's on, that can run the fast-break effectively against anyone, that has a multitude of deep threats, that has one of the best passers in the game, one of the best post players ever, a guy who wrote the book on "intangibles", and a coach who will have them ready by spring to get deep into the post-season.

They are unselfish and hard-working, they recognize what's lacking and are working to remedy it, they have chemistry and good energy, and they know that they're capable of much more, and are striving for that ends. If you can't see it that way, I think it would serve to look a little more closely, not let every loss send you into a nose-dive of despondency, and remember years like '96, '97, '06, '07, to give you a little more perspective on just what a "bad" team really is.

And please refrain from calling others names ... I think we're all entitled to our own opinions, and should be able to discuss things without resorting to those tactics. Because someone disagrees with you, doesn't make them wrong, or any less able to state their opinions. Also, others should not be telling you to leave, or defining what a "fan" is, just because you feel the team sucks, because your opinion is as important as anyone's, and you are as much as a fan as the rest of us, K? :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 03:05:04 AM by Bahku »
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 09:30:42 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
They are worse than I thought they would be, we need a big really badly. Someone that rebounds and guards the hoop, KG is 20' away from the basket at all times, so it is lay up city for other teams. I'm actually happy with it because IMO all we did was collect a bunch of trade chips and now that they don't fit well together it will be easier for Danny to decide to make a move. I will be shocked if he's not a player in the trade market.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 09:55:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
 its NOT just the forum fans ,  the media and everybody and their mother can see the Celtics are depleted of true talented front line size. We are HURT n for a real center.

These teams with JUST a average decent 7 foot or better center absolutely kill us.  Then we have no interior defense , people dribble into the paint at leisure and score when KG is out. 

Celtics are NOT a bad team.....just a "AVERAGE" team that is having a hard time competing with the clubs that have young quick players and front line height.

Green is fine for small forward . But , this team needs a SERIOUS young BIG mobile , active center who can play LOTS of MINUTES.

We saw what teams were willing to give up for Asik , Hibert , ect...it won't be cheap , and unless Fab Melo is suddenly transformed into Bill Russell , Celtics just don't match up with todays younger , taller , energy teams.

With out a major trade.... the Celtic s will IMO go from Average (just competing) to POOR or maybe bad by next season.

Celtics are at least an average team , that said, a young ,mobile center could be at least  very good team , a team favorite to win on most nights.     

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:44:59 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Neither

We are a 500 team with a weak bench going nowhere. A 2nd tier Playoff team depending how low we get will determine how fast we get dispatched from the Playoffs. That's if the top 3 starters stay healthy. I just can't believe Bradley will have a big impact after a long layoff. We had a small window where we won 1 ring and should have been 2. Now it's time to pay the Fiddler. Dandy Don Meredith said turn out the lights the party is over. We are not a bad Team.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Those are your choices, becasue as I see it this team is total garbage. People are already calling the Lakers garbage, at what point do you realize this team is a shadow of its former self. Other C's teams would not have lost against a Houston team thats been gutted and has one young star. Other C's teams would not have lost the games they have, let teams back into game constantly and basically suck. This team SUCKS and it makes me sick to watch how bad they are.

suck

Same gutted Houston team defeated Atlanta, Chicago and New York, too. Is it even a reason to call your team garbage?

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

suck

So, why do you watch?

I'd call the Celts a mediocre team right now.  A playoff team, but not a contender.  However, as we've seen before, this team may have another gear that it just isn't showing now.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
To the OP - to answer your question - Neither and Neither.

This team of ours will be right there at the end.

I was as upset as many of us after last night's loss, BUT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He0J4GFlnZ4

Sometimes, there are TWO winners in a game..I'd say this was one of them.

BOS will get their fair share of wins, don't you worry.

I'm just thankful that we are a healthy team so far, and we  are actually better than LAST yr at this time, I believe.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 10:57:39 AM »

Offline Reyquila

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
  • Let them hate, as long as they fear
It all depends of what you want from this team. Thats simple enough. If you want this team to win it all; That aint gonna happen ina trillion years. If you are content of wining some and losing some and put up the good fight- this team will do it. so you have to chose your poison, Dont expect an aple tree to bar pears- cause it aint happening
And someday in the midst of time,
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine