Author Topic: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee  (Read 12706 times)

Re: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 12:20:05 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I love Lee. I'd feel terrible if we do trade him. Whether he took a paycut or not, he chose the C's.

But I'd understand it if Ainge traded him.

But I think certainly he could prove himself with time.

So I wouldn't mind it either way. I think he'll get better with a little more time. Would be sad if he left though.

Jason Thompson would also be nice seeing that JJ Hickson was mentioned.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 12:51:07 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Trade whoever except PIERCE KG RONDO TERRY BRADLEY GREEN.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 01:04:05 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
if Avery Bradley comes back and looks like he did for much of last year, Lee really becomes the odd-man out here IMO...and if we could move him for a quality big then Im for it...

Bradley/Terry are going to Eat up alot of minutes..and im not sure where minutes are going to come from for lee.

you also have Barbosa...so that is 4 rotation level Shooting guards

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 01:19:34 AM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Repeatedly is the key word here and will continue to be so. I always wonder what it is about players that people don't seem to understand. You ever see a player like Melo or KG play like garbage for a 20 game period? ok then. There is your answer on what kind of player we have to trade. See ya in France, Lee.

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 04:31:54 AM »

Offline toine83

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
Lee + Collins to Minny
Ridnour + Stiemsma to Boston

With Rubio back in Minnesota and Bradley in Boston this could really help both teams

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 06:40:59 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Jason Thompson is just pure garbage. Stay well away lol.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 06:53:46 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
Repeatedly is the key word here and will continue to be so. I always wonder what it is about players that people don't seem to understand. You ever see a player like Melo or KG play like garbage for a 20 game period? ok then. There is your answer on what kind of player we have to trade. See ya in France, Lee.

Melo is a superstar and KG is a future HOF'er. Lee is not. He wasn't brought in here because they thought he was going to be an All-Star. He was brought in for his defense, 3 point shooting, hustle, and because he has experience in big games.

People need to stop expecting the world from this kid. Ainge overpaid for him, we knew that from the beginning. No team will want his contract anyway. A lot more pieces would have to be in play.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Our team is very very vulnerable from big wings, we don't have size. Trading Lee would be a big mistake if you don't have a contingency plan to add a player who can fit the role of a big wing defender.

I very much like our team as is, I don't get the fascination with some sort of "major" shake-up.  A few tweaks here and there, which can mostly be accomplish with Bradley returning and some vet. min. pick-ups, and we should be golden.

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Lee + Collins to Minny
Ridnour + Stiemsma to Boston

With Rubio back in Minnesota and Bradley in Boston this could really help both teams
I was thinking that Minny looks like a good fit as a trade partner for us, too.  Exactly right that with Rubio coming back for them that they're flush with PGs, and with Bradley returning for us, we're flush with SGs.  They'd probably prefer to get rid of Barea since he's got 3 years on his contract instead of Ridnour, who's got 2.  Still, I don't know why they'd want to take on 4 years of an overpaid Lee.  I just can't imagine there'd be that much interest in Lee at 5M per for the bulk of 4 more years.  He's not worth that much.

Barea (or Ridnour) are more productive than Lee, and Stiemer is more productive than Collins, so I suspect we'd need to add a sweetener to the pot to get them to bite.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
it'd make for a funny bump to see those Courtney Lee threads from the summer...I thought we were getting a prime Michael Jordan?
Lee stinks...

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
Trade whoever except PIERCE KG RONDO TERRY BRADLEY GREEN.

TP exactly, the players should never trade

The guy I want to come from a trade is anyone servicable center over 6'11"

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 09:44:11 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
its hard to let good guys go.   Lee has a good ethic and plays hard , but the results come to seldom . I like his defensive energy . I was hoping he was going to be another Bradley. or close. 

I think , hard as its going to be , for the BOSTON CELTICS to get back on top.  Several guy and maybe a really valuable player or two are going to have to be traded to infuse the energy and quality needed.  Starting with a "QUALITY" big who can get 10-12 rebounds a game , and provide a defensive force in the paint to help KG.

I see three directions.

1) keep ROndo, Green and trade other assets for J SMith .or Verajao

2) trade Rondo /assets for a franchise type BIG.

3) keep the team as is and be satisfied with a trip to the playoffs.( FINGERS CROSSED) :-X 

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Who are we shopping Lee for? I like him as a player and will miss him if he goes, but if we can get back a quality big with an interior defensive presence and competent offensive skills...we have to.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2012, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
if Avery Bradley comes back and looks like he did for much of last year, Lee really becomes the odd-man out here IMO...and if we could move him for a quality big then Im for it...

Bradley/Terry are going to Eat up alot of minutes..and im not sure where minutes are going to come from for lee.

you also have Barbosa...so that is 4 rotation level Shooting guards

Agreed. If Bradley stays healthy there is really no use for Lee. The question is what can we actually get for him? I think we may have to package him with Melo and picks to get anything decent. We probably have a better chance of trading Bass plus Melo and picks though.

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2012, 10:38:12 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The kind of big you can get for Courtney Lee is probably one signed for the full MLE whose contract the team now considers a mistake.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference