Author Topic: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee  (Read 12770 times)

Re: Celtics "repeatedly" shopping Courtney Lee
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2012, 01:22:43 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Frankly, neither Lee nor Terry are in my armchair-coach 9-player rotation with Bradley back.  Barbosa has outplayed them both to my armchair eye.

Starters:

Rondo
Pierce
Green
Sully (we hope)
KG

We basically run two linupes:  a Pierce/KG lineup and one without them.  Pierce starts getting the KG 5-minute treatment.

Bradley and Wilcox are primary subs for Pierce and KG.

Pierce returns to sub for Green, and splits SF time with him (but starts at SG and gets some time at the wing next to Green-go big!).

Bass gets minutes as bench utility big.

Barbosa gets some guard minutes (having beat out Lee and Terry in my eye).

And I think if I wanted another wing around mid-season, I think I might just as well go with Kris Joseph.

« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2012, 01:35:31 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
why is he starting? we lose when he starts. poor kid is garbage

If you think Lee is the problem, think again.

Mike

I really don't think he's the problem...he just doesn't help any of the problems...often times he makes them worse

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
My problem here is if the Celtics are truly unhappy with Lee just 2 months into the season, then why did they sign him in the first place?

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2012, 03:27:49 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
My problem here is if the Celtics are truly unhappy with Lee just 2 months into the season, then why did they sign him in the first place?

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 03:30:24 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Trading a young guard on an affordable contract who has a history of being a serviceable starter on good teams after 2 months of inconsistent play on a new team seems like a really good way to get 60 cents on the dollar.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Trading a young guard on an affordable contract who has a history of being a serviceable starter on good teams after 2 months of inconsistent play on a new team seems like a really good way to get 60 cents on the dollar.

Probably true, if a trade absolutely has to be made, which it probably doesn't.

I like him, generally, but don't think he's done what he needed to do in his first two months:  make himself necessary.

Especially since Doc has shown a willingness to play Bradley at either guard spot.  That leaves 3rd guard available, and Terry is terrible at defense.

And the whole thing should be a perfect fit for Lee, an alleged top defender, spot-up shooter, and slasher.  Perhaps there's a sense that if he was the right guy, he would've shown more than he has.

But in terms of being on a cheap contract, I don't think $5M is going to be considered cheap any more, and he has several years.  And if he doesn't have that value to us, he has no value at all, frankly.  He's probably close to worthless, mere salary filler.

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2012, 04:42:29 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! A PIC OF SUGAR RAY FINALLY BACK ON THIS BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We miss u Ray... dearly... come back!
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2012, 04:51:17 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
That is Benedict Arnold not Sugar Ray right?

« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2012, 06:07:48 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
It's not like the Cs gave up a king's ransom to get Lee.  They traded a bust late first round draft pick, which was a net gain, since they didn't have to give him his guaranteed $1m this season, 3rd/4th PG ET Moore, and a second round pick. 

If the Cs can package Lee and Green and picks for someone like Al Jefferson, I'm all for it. Guys like Lee can be picked up every summer, for the MLE or in many cases less.  JR Smith signed for $2.5m this summer, Mayo for $4m, RA for $3m, Belinelli for $2m, CJ Miles for $2m, Grant Hill for $2m, etc etc.  It's easy to get a bench SG as a FA for cheap money.   

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
That is Benedict Arnold not Sugar Ray right?
Benedict Allen

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 10:56:36 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

They signed him to plug a hole in the roster until Bradley returns, and it's just about time for Bradley to return. Truth is, there is not much playing time left for Lee after Terry and Bradley get theirs. He's the odd man out.

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2012, 11:22:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They can shop him all they want, but like Jeff Green, I doubt he has much value to other teams at the moment.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2012, 11:24:08 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
They can shop him all they want, but like Jeff Green, I doubt he has much value to other teams at the moment.

I'm sure we can get someone like Gooden or Dalembert for him.

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2012, 01:42:42 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
I think the rumors will start to fly this week. It seems a lot of teams are looking to deal and I am sure some of our guys will be thrown around. I am willing to do anything that makes this team better outside of trading Rondo Pierce KG Jeff and AB. I do feel like a package of something containing Bass Melo Sully Wilcox Lee and picks would net us something that would help ASAP. Also to look into getting a third team involved because I think those are the pieces Danny wants to move and not every team is going to wanna take a bunch of PF's. Maybe something happens this week but i gurantee the rumors start picking up tomorrow.

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 04:24:24 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Because the Celtic's time machine was broken and they laid off their psychic.