Author Topic: Mavericks (11-10) at Celtics (11-9) 12/12  (Read 32869 times)

Re: Mavericks (11-10) at Celtics (11-9) 12/12
« Reply #255 on: December 13, 2012, 05:19:36 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
People seem to forget that the reason, the Mavs had so many turnovers was that we were playing trap defense with KG the whole night. It worked pretty well, but also left some open shots for the Mavs, which they hit. Also they hit some not so open shots.

Near the end of the game all I saw was a layup line. But I will say the team looked exhausted. Hopefully guys are still getting into shape like last year.

Mayo had an easier time getting past Rondo after Rajon got his 5th foul, that didn't help our defense.
Rondo's defense was a little suspect he kept trying to body him too much way past the 3pt line and Mayo kept blowing by him at ease

When you say "kept blowing by him at ease" you're talking about a few plays in a double overtime game. How many times do you think that happened during the game?

« Reply #256 on: December 13, 2012, 06:31:14 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
People seem to forget that the reason, the Mavs had so many turnovers was that we were playing trap defense with KG the whole night. It worked pretty well, but also left some open shots for the Mavs, which they hit. Also they hit some not so open shots.

Near the end of the game all I saw was a layup line. But I will say the team looked exhausted. Hopefully guys are still getting into shape like last year.

Mayo had an easier time getting past Rondo after Rajon got his 5th foul, that didn't help our defense.
Rondo's defense was a little suspect he kept trying to body him too much way past the 3pt line and Mayo kept blowing by him at ease

When you say "kept blowing by him at ease" you're talking about a few plays in a double overtime game. How many times do you think that happened during the game?
yea im talking just toward the end, he did keep him in check for most of the game. i just wish toward the end he didn't body him way out past the three blew by him more than a couple times but Rondo still had a key stop late
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #257 on: December 13, 2012, 07:40:42 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
last night was one of those games where you see the value of Avery Bradley...having him hound Mayo all night would make it a totally different game IMO

he probably wouldnt have driven by as easily as he did Rondo late in the 4th quarter