Author Topic: Lakers are terrible. The Knicks look great  (Read 5433 times)

Re: Lakers are terrible. The Knicks look great
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
I'd like to see JR Smith get aggressive here. He is their best scorer with Melo on the bench.

He has become somewhat of an underrated player.  Watching scorers like him and Crawford can be a real treat sometimes when you don't get to see them play a lot.  They make scoring look so easy sometimes.

EDIT:  Funny, I used to think about JET like that before this season
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 11:52:15 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
I'd like to see JR Smith get aggressive here. He is their best scorer with Melo on the bench.

He has become somewhat of an underrated player.  Watching scorers like him and Crawford can be a real treat sometimes when you don't get to see them play a lot.  They make scoring look so easy sometimes.

terry IS that
i wonder if hes still being a little missused because of rondo
but he had kidd before and worked
not sure
maybe hes just getting  old who knows
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2012, 12:49:27 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
Not having a PG, the Lakers are playing rudderless.  I expect a different story when Nash returns.  If they signed Fisher instead of letting him go to Dallas, they'd probably be 12-12 or so. 

Despite their troubles (and I'm enjoying them immensely), I expect the Lakers to get it together when Nash returns.  They'll still have massive problems on the defensive end, but should be a solid half court team with Nash, Gasol and Blake back.  If they go 37 and 23 the rest of the year, they'd be at 46 wins and a 7th or so seed.

I still think they're going to be a tough playoff out for any West team besides OKC if everyone is healthy and there's some semblance of teamwork that develops over the season.  Not having a functioning PG for 20 games would make any team look shaky, especially one with eight new players. 

I'm going to hope that misfortune continues to hit the Lakers and I'm going to relish every loss.   

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2012, 02:03:56 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
idk I kinda want the Lakers to win that game

if they win, Lakers get 1 win, still need to win more games to make playoffs

Knicks loses have us closer :)...cuz theyre still leading our division...I don't like that...

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2012, 04:00:14 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Adam Yauch is looking down and he's smiling. Very sad that he didn't get to watch the Knicks finally being relevant in a talk about the best teams again.

"Would someone on the Knicks please drive the lane?!"

Rest in peace, brother.

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2012, 04:51:18 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
The knicks are playing well but the style of ball they are playing reminds me alot of the old orlando magic. They are living by the 3 and they will die by it, BOOK IT.

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2012, 08:25:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'm glad the Knicks are playing well--as the number of good teams rises, the NBA gets much more fun to watch.

Me too. I remember saying this at the beginning of the year, the Knicks look great on paper and if they get all the pieces to fall in place and get everyone to play for their potential, then they could really be a great team. Since they've always been disfunctional it was hard to see this happening. But currently it is.

Im waiting for them to fall into their old ways and start becoming more disfunctional. But if they can keep their heads straight and continue to play to each of their potentials all season then they could make a real good run at this.

Grandpa was a Knicks fan, so I always have to root for them as a second favorite. Plus I like Melo and Chandler. I am not so sure Stoudemire is going to help them however.

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2012, 03:20:54 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

terry IS that
not sure

I agree; I think Terry's misuse is very much why.  He needs to have the ball in his hands more and play pick n roll basketball with KG.  I think there is where he would play at his best. 
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

terry IS that
not sure

I agree; I think Terry's misuse is very much why.  He needs to have the ball in his hands more and play pick n roll basketball with KG.  I think there is where he would play at his best.

I think a lot of the "player x is being misused" comments are somewhat off base. The goal is to get the best performance out of the team as a whole, not the players as individuals. It might, for instance, suit Green's game to control the ball more and be in more iso situations on offense, but that's not necessarily a more efficient way for the team as a whole to run the offense.

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2012, 03:38:51 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

terry IS that
not sure

I think a lot of the "player x is being misused" comments are somewhat off base. The goal is to get the best performance out of the team as a whole, not the players as individuals. It might, for instance, suit Green's game to control the ball more and be in more iso situations on offense, but that's not necessarily a more efficient way for the team as a whole to run the offense.

I think the team needs to have Jason Terry is a larger role. To have that extra shot-creator.

I think Pierce, Rondo and Garnett need that extra weapon alongside them come playoff time. Even if they have to take a dip in their stats / production (mostly Pierce, Rondo) to allow Terry to be that extra weapon.

Not so with Green. I don't care that much about his offense. I am still not convinced is that effective a scorer. Doc needs to continue to pushing Jeff Green as a defender and rebounder (as a SF and as a PF). Those are the areas the team needs the most from Green (especially in playoffs against Miami and NYK). Offensively, I am more concerned about Jeff Green learning how to play off of others than creating his own offense. He needs to learn how to accept a smaller role offensively for the good of the team and how to contribute more in other ways.

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

terry IS that
not sure

I think the team needs to have Jason Terry is a larger role. To have that extra shot-creator.

I think Pierce, Rondo and Garnett need that extra weapon alongside them come playoff time. Even if they have to take a dip in their stats / production (mostly Pierce, Rondo) to allow Terry to be that extra weapon.

In general I agree with this, but I haven't liked how things have looked with Terry controlling the ball, especially in the games without Rondo where I'd have expected him to play well.