Author Topic: Rondo and KG: EC All-Star starters?  (Read 3213 times)

Rondo and KG: EC All-Star starters?
« on: December 13, 2012, 07:21:36 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
An article about this was posted on the front page, but I thought I would put it up for discussion here on the forum.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/13/2013-all-star-ballot-update-1/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

Rondo has a hefty lead on Deron Williams, while KG's is slimmer over Bosh.  I would love to see us have two All-Star starters this year. 

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 07:37:12 PM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Re: Rondo and KG: ECF All-Star starters?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 07:24:16 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
An article about this was posted on the front page, but I thought I would put it up for discussion here on the forum.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/12/13/2013-all-star-ballot-update-1/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3b

Rondo has a hefty lead on Deron Williams, while KG's is slimmer over Bosh.  I would love to see us have two All-Star starters this year.

Rondo deserves it and will get it, KG will probably get it also

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
KG definitely deserves it as well...ever since he moved to Center, KG's stats have been pretty rediculous..especially considering his age.

just this year so far:

16.00PPG, 7.1RPG while shooting 54.2% from the field...considering he shoots so many mid-range numbers that is impressive

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
KG ...is totally rock n   

Re: Rondo and KG: EC All-Star starters?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:54:59 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
That is pretty impressive ... not so much for being ahead of D.Williams but for Rondo to be so far ahead of D-Will. That shows the high regard / fanfare for Rondo around the league. Almost doubling up (380 vs 210) on Deron Williams.

Good to see Garnett in with a chance to start too. That looks like a close fight with Bosh. Could go either way. Many of the rest of the East's centers (B.Lopez, Varejao, Noah) are getting little attention in the voting. Tyson Chandler has an outside chance. It would be very interesting to see Paul Pierce make a run and get ahead of Garnett for that third frontcourt place. To see the East ended up starting Pierce (SF), Melo (PF) and LeBron (C).

Wow, Jeremy Lin is third place in the backcourt in the West. Only 50k votes behind Chris Paul for a starting spot in the All-Star game. That is great.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 08:01:45 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
That is pretty impressive ... not so much for being ahead of D.Williams but for Rondo to be so far ahead of D-Will. That shows the high regard / fanfare for Rondo around the league. Almost doubling up (380 vs 210) on Deron Williams.

Good to see Garnett in with a chance to start too. That looks like a close fight with Bosh. Could go either way. Many of the rest of the East's centers (B.Lopez, Varejao, Noah) are getting little attention in the voting. Tyson Chandler has an outside chance. It would be very interesting to see Paul Pierce make a run and get ahead of Garnett for that third frontcourt place. To see the East ended up starting Pierce (SF), Melo (PF) and LeBron (C).

Wow, Jeremy Lin is third place in the backcourt in the West. Only 50k votes behind Chris Paul for a starting spot in the All-Star game. That is great.

The Asian vote internationally is a big deal. Look at Yao. An All-Star starter every year of his career when he was eligible. Heck even Yi gave some of the forwards a run for their money during his time in Milwaukee.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:06:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Man, Tony Parker gets no love from the fans.  He's at less than 70,000 votes, behind Steve Nash right now. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 08:10:02 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

Not only is his big lead on D. Will impressive, but he's actually currently got slightly more votes than Chris Paul. 

The kid is legitimately turning into a star. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 08:13:19 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Not knocking either of our guys but I think this point will get across better as I love kg and rondo.
all star is just a popularity vote look no further than steve nash having more votes than tony parker

the only thing (besides a championship) that matters is all nba voted on by players etc

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:25 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

He should have been the starter two years ago, he had a sizable lead on Rose until he missed a bunch of games with an injury.

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2012, 09:23:32 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Man, Tony Parker gets no love from the fans.  He's at less than 70,000 votes, behind Steve Nash right now.

I understand why the NBA marketing gurus changed the All Star from player to fan votes, but it doesn't alter the fact that it's much more fun to have validation from your peers.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 09:29:09 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84

He should have been the starter two years ago, he had a sizable lead on Rose until he missed a bunch of games with an injury.
I remember that and it was during Derrick's MVP year too. I remember seeing people especially Bulls fans that were shocked that Rondo was ahead of him by a large margin and he had him close til the end.

I'm not surprised that Rondo has as much votes especially since I read about him being top 6 in jersey sells. KG shocked me for some reason.

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 09:33:56 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Most underrated player in the game. Even on here whenever a PG thread pops up he gets no love. He's got rings though. That's all the respect he needs.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 09:59:32 PM »

Offline raynman

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 55
Wow.. I never thought KG would ever start for the all star game again .. Amare and Bynum's injuries really helped..
Looks like Rondo is a lock at the guard spot, and KG needs our votes to edge Bosh.. I don't know if I'd want to watch the ASG with 3 Heat starters! So guys, KEEP ON VOTING!

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 10:16:41 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
i'd rather see KG rest during the all star weekend. ;D but this is great news if he starts.