Author Topic: I'm the S. Kings G.M. Trading Cousins.  (Read 9517 times)

Re: I'm the S. Kings G.M. Trading Cousins.
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 01:42:16 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Lawson
Iggy
Gallo
Faried
Cousins

Nerdgasm

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:14 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
I'm assuming the OP is essentially asking two questions:

1. Would I part with a package of some kind of package that would include Avery Bradley & Jared Sullinger for Demarcus Cousins?: Absolutely

2. Would I part with Rondo?: If you could find a 3rd team where I'm getting a reliable Point Guard in the deal I'd really have to consider it.

« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

1. Would I part with a package of some kind of package that would include Avery Bradley & Jared Sullinger for Demarcus Cousins?: Absolutely

2. Would I part with Rondo?: If you could find a 3rd team where I'm getting a reliable Point Guard in the deal I'd really have to consider it.

The cons against trading Rondo and getting Cousins/PG in return are endless.

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 01:58:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, 1 First Round draft pick
not enough... Tommy Point for having balls.

I would probably throw in a second and thats just about it...

People overrate cousins around here.

If he commands a dwight howard style package, then why isnt his team winning games?

He doesn't command a D12 package, he's not a beastly defender. And second, SacTo is just a team with talent, but a bad team. The pieces over there just don't compliment each other.

What DMC will bring to us is post presence. All his flaws aside, if a play breaks down you can always give him the ball down low and let him create a shot. One more thing is rebounding, he's a top tier rebounder. He'll create extra possessions for us. He's a decent defender too that other people give dont give him credit for.

We do have to live with the immaturity, which is why trading for him is a risk. But hey, winning basketball and great leadership works wonders for these kind of issues, and we have that.
Cousins isn't as valuable as Dwight, obviously...but he's gt a different type of value.  He's a 22 year old allstar level legitimate center who is still on his rookie contract for a couple years.  That's ridiculously valuable... but it's negated some by the fact he's a wee bit of a nutter.  It still probably means some average prospects like Bradley, SUlly, Melo and a 1st is probably not going to be enough to land one of the best big man prospects in the game today.

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 02:02:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Name your price.   ;D

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 02:04:13 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Let's say we could get Kirk Hinrich - not that I believe he's available but I'm just thinking of someone particularly average and reliable - do you still feel that way?

Hinrich
Bradley
Pierce
Garnett
Cousins

is pretty beastly.

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 02:05:13 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

If he commands a dwight howard style package, then why isnt his team winning games?

He doesn't command a D12 package, he's not a beastly defender. And second, SacTo is just a team with talent, but a bad team. The pieces over there just don't compliment each other.

What DMC will bring to us is post presence. All his flaws aside, if a play breaks down you can always give him the ball down low and let him create a shot. One more thing is rebounding, he's a top tier rebounder. He'll create extra possessions for us. He's a decent defender too that other people give dont give him credit for.

We do have to live with the immaturity, which is why trading for him is a risk. But hey, winning basketball and great leadership works wonders for these kind of issues, and we have that.
Cousins isn't as valuable as Dwight, obviously...but he's gt a different type of value.  He's a 22 year old allstar level legitimate center who is still on his rookie contract for a couple years.  That's ridiculously valuable... but it's negated some by the fact he's a wee bit of a nutter.  It still probably means some average prospects like Bradley, SUlly, Melo and a 1st is probably not going to be enough to land one of the best big man prospects in the game today.

Funny, I was thinking the trade to be made last year was Cousins for Howard. Gives Sacramento a marquee star (if they actually want to stay there) and Magic a building block for the future.

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2012, 02:10:59 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
If I'm Sacramento, I trade a couple of young players not named Cousins (read: Evans & Thompson) for a quality veteran player or two, then get a coach who is strong enough to turn his attitude around. They need better leadership.

^This

Also I'd take Evans and Thompson if they're on the block though.

It's possible that Sacramento would do a swap with us Green for Evans. It would give them a legitimate scorer at the SF position instead of the litany of bench player they have there now (Outlaw/Garcia/Salmons). Realistically we might be able to get this done:

Evans/Thompson/Salmons
for
Green/Bass/Lee and 1st 2013 1st

But what I want done is:

Green/Bass/Lee/Sully/Melo
for
Cousins/Evans/Thompson/Salmons

SAC wouldn't do it but there are good reasons to. They get rid of their knuckleheads, shed Salmons contract, get 3 starting caliber players in return and can basically demand whatever picks they want from Danny.

On the other hand they're moving 3 lottery picks...

We do it because it wins us #18.

« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Funny, I was thinking the trade to be made last year was Cousins for Howard. Gives Sacramento a marquee star (if they actually want to stay there) and Magic a building block for the future.
Hollywood Howard wouldn't have wanted to play in Sac.  It would have been a 1 year and out... which I'm still crossing my fingers might happen in LA (my only hope is Dwight bailing for Dallas). 

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
If I'm Sacramento, I trade a couple of young players not named Cousins (read: Evans & Thompson) for a quality veteran player or two, then get a coach who is strong enough to turn his attitude around. They need better leadership.

^This

Also I'd take Evans and Thompson if they're on the block though.

It's possible that Sacramento would do a swap with us Green for Evans. It would give them a legitimate scorer at the SF position instead of the litany of bench player they have there now (Outlaw/Garcia/Salmons). Realistically we might be able to get this done:

Evans/Thompson/Salmons
for
Green/Bass/Lee and 1st 2013 1st

But what I want done is:

Green/Bass/Lee/Sully/Melo
for
Cousins/Evans/Thompson/Salmons

SAC wouldn't do it but there are good reasons to. They get rid of their knuckleheads, shed Salmons contract, get 3 starting caliber players in return and can basically demand whatever picks they want from Danny.

On the other hand they're moving 3 lottery picks...

We do it because it wins us #18.
I would never want to do the first trade.  I think it makes us significantly worse, plus we are giving up a pick.

The second one is much better because Cousins is the only guy in either trade that I would want.

« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2012, 02:49:57 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Let's say we could get Kirk Hinrich - not that I believe he's available but I'm just thinking of someone particularly average and reliable - do you still feel that way?

Hinrich
Bradley
Pierce
Garnett
Cousins

is pretty beastly.

I dunno. Which line up looks better.

Hinrich/Terry/Barbosa
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
KG/Bass/Sully
Cousins/Wilcox

Rondo/Terry/Barbosa
Bradley/Lee
Pierce/Green
Bass/Sully
KG/Wilcox

I dont think Cousins is worth the expense of Rondo. Even if we get a decent PG like Hinrich.

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I'm not sure whether I'd do it but I'd definitely consider it.

I really like Cousins' long term ability and I think Boston would be an excellent place for him to develop and fulfill his potential.

In the immediate sense, the downgrade from Rondo to Cousins would instantly take Boston out of the mix for a title. Cousins is just too far away to mount a title challenge this season at the cost of Rondo. It would be a multi-year process getting Cousins to where he needs to be to become a leading figure on a title contender. 

So getting a PG back in return doesn't matter to me. It wouldn't be about this year's team. It would be about the team 2+ seasons from now and for the 7-10 years beyond that. That PG would be something you find further down the line.

« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
It would be really beautiful to see Garnett (PF) play with Cousins (C).

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2012, 05:07:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

yup..... write a check  ;D

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2012, 05:28:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

yup..... write a check  ;D

I wonder whether SAC would trade Evans AND Cousins for Rondo. They'd have to seriously consider it.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)