Author Topic: I'm the S. Kings G.M. Trading Cousins.  (Read 9495 times)

Re: I'm the S. Kings G.M. Trading Cousins.
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:48:52 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger, Fab Melo, 1 First Round draft pick
not enough... Tommy Point for having balls.

I would probably throw in a second and thats just about it...

People overrate cousins around here.

If he commands a dwight howard style package, then why isnt his team winning games?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 03:50:39 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I'm Danny Ainge for the moment.

We don't have enough quality, can I make it up for quantity?

You trade me DMC, I'll trade you Fab Melo plus anyone you want outside of Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, and any number of players too. I'll add 2 first rounders, the 2013 and the 2015, the 2013 and 2014 second rounders. I will also convince the Boston Basketball Partners to add 3 million dollars cash into the deal.

So?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

If he commands a dwight howard style package, then why isnt his team winning games?

PS.

You cant really take back salary with the Kings. They really dont have that much salary on the books except for salmons.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 04:03:42 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

He doesn't command a D12 package, he's not a beastly defender. And second, SacTo is just a team with talent, but a bad team. The pieces over there just don't compliment each other.

What DMC will bring to us is post presence. All his flaws aside, if a play breaks down you can always give him the ball down low and let him create a shot. One more thing is rebounding, he's a top tier rebounder. He'll create extra possessions for us. He's a decent defender too that other people give dont give him credit for.

We do have to live with the immaturity, which is why trading for him is a risk. But hey, winning basketball and great leadership works wonders for these kind of issues, and we have that.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 04:35:40 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
No to Cousins.  He's just not all that good.  A big guy who doesn't take three pointers or get to the line at an above average rate should not shoot in the low-40s.  He's one of the least efficient players in the game.  Factoring in his high number of shots, his inefficiency and his high turnover rate, I think he has the most negative impact on offense in the game. 

He's not even fun to watch on offense.  He will pull up a very skillful, crossover, spinning drive that no other big can pull off but most of the time, his moves are just sloppy.  He's so off-balanced on most of his shots.

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 07:57:19 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I'm Danny Ainge for the moment.

We don't have enough quality, can I make it up for quantity?

You trade me DMC, I'll trade you Fab Melo plus anyone you want outside of Rondo, Pierce, Garnett, and any number of players too. I'll add 2 first rounders, the 2013 and the 2015, the 2013 and 2014 second rounders. I will also convince the Boston Basketball Partners to add 3 million dollars cash into the deal.

So?
So Danny you'd be out looking for another job.  Cousins is not worth that kind of package at this point. 

Fab Melo plus any number of players too. I'll add 2 first rounders, the 2013 and the 2015, the 2013 and 2014 second rounders. I will also convince the Boston Basketball Partners to add 3 million dollars cash into the deal. 
-->This basically equates to you willing to deal the whole team (outside of PP, KG and RR) plus 4 draft picks AND $3 mill in cash for this kid??!! 
he's a problem child that hasn't established himself yet as a solid, consistent player.  I wouldn't move that package for Lebron never mind this wannabe.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Given what his team already has , if a significant moves happens , I want it to be JSMith or Verejao. 

But, if things really fall apart and playoffs look bleak for the C's ,and DA decides to start a overhaul  Then DMC is the way I'd go. He has awesome scoring potiental and rebound in the paint .  He plays with good energy and has a nose for rebounds as well.  He probally needs a new coach and senery , city and just needs to start over with a better /more stable program. He would be cheapest player to get of the best bunch .

I hope Danny goes after Kevin Love , before LA works some fleece deal to get him off Minn.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Calderon, Bargnani, Bradley  to the Kings

Cousins to the Celts

Tyreke Evans, Bass, Salmons, Melo, celtics first rounder, celtics second round and possible kings second rounder to the Raptors

Done deal.

Like others said Id rather have Smith, Gortat, or Varejo.

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

So I'm the GM for a moment. Blow me away cause I want a boatload for him, but he's the biggest punk on my team and he's gotta go. So what do you got for me Danny.
A bag of Cheetos and the used balls from Monday's practice.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 09:49:28 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The difference between current ability and future potential.

Cousins has a lot flaws currently (shot selection, decision making, team defense) which limit his ability to positively impact the team's wins/losses record (net negative to neutral in terms of current impact) but he has excellent potential.

Cousins clearly has the capacity to be a 20/10 player. He has an inside-outside game offensively, a power game in the post, a face up game, a high post game, can become a quality defensive player (he is improving all the time on that end of the floor), a quality passer (capable of very impressive passes). A player with that multi-faceted game can definitely become a perennial All-Star, even a top ten player in the league to possibly even an MVP candidate. That is the level of talent Cousins has.

To give up on a young big man (6-11, 270lbs, legitimate center with a power post up game) with that type of potential ... a team needs to get back a comparable prospect or an established pro that is near his ceiling and young enough (under the age of 26 I'd say) to build around long term (6-8 years) since Cousins has another 10-15 years ahead of him in the NBA if he stays healthy.

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2012, 09:50:01 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
a non celtic trade the kings could consider would be

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=al3prqd

TO Kings

Collison, Carter, 2 1st rd picks from dallas
Gortat, Dudly   from phoenix

TO Phoenix

Salmons, T Evan from Kings

To Dallas

Cousins, Jimmer from Sac

NEW Kings lineup

PG Collison, Thomas, Brooks
SG Thorton, Carter
SF Dudly, Garcia
PF Thompson, Robinson, Hayes
C  Gortat,

Not a sexy team but a team that can definitely win games
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

PS.

You cant really take back salary with the Kings. They really dont have that much salary on the books except for salmons.

You're underrating Cousins, overrating the Celtics role players, and you're incorrect about SAC contracts -- they're right at the cap of ~$58M including a variety of bad deals.

If I'm Sacramento, I trade a couple of young players not named Cousins (read: Evans & Thompson) for a quality veteran player or two, then get a coach who is strong enough to turn his attitude around. They need better leadership.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:52:31 AM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2012, 11:41:09 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

So I'm the GM for a moment. Blow me away cause I want a boatload for him, but he's the biggest punk on my team and he's gotta go. So what do you got for me Danny.

If Rajon Rondo's name is not uttered, then I am pretty sure Danny will not be on the phone long.

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Cousins has a lot flaws currently (shot selection, decision making, team defense) which limit his ability to positively impact the team's wins/losses record (net negative to neutral in terms of current impact) but he has
Also, he just got suspended a game for hitting OJ Mayo in the crotch.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2012, 01:27:09 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
If I'm the Kings GM, I'm looking for a new coach and some leadership.

The Kings are so talented, but they are terribly constructed and their players either don't know or don't accept their roles. Tyreke Evans, Thomas Robinson, and Demarcus Cousins ought to be able to athletically outclass any other team in the NBA, and they ought to be the core of a devastating defense- perhaps even a defense that can cover up Jimmer Fredette. If you took those three and paired them with an intelligent point guard and a SF with a good midrange game, you might really have something. Of course, you'd need a coach who could get everyone playing to their strengths.

I don't have anything against Keith Smart, but he was promoted from within in a situation where the Kings really needed a shakeup. If Tom Thibodeau was coaching the Kings, they would be a playoff team.

It's sad but true that it's a lot easier to change your coach than it is to get another player who can do what demarcus cousins can do. If I was the GM of the Kings, I would be looking for someone who can connect with him.

I'd also be thinking about offering a tyreke package to indiana for danny granger.