Author Topic: Jazz / Cats / Cs Trade Idea  (Read 7577 times)

Jazz / Cats / Cs Trade Idea
« on: December 12, 2012, 03:54:38 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Utah Trades: Paul Millsap, Raja Bell
Utah Receives: Jeff Green, Ramon Sessions

Charlotte Trades: Ramon Sessions, Ben Gordon, Jeffrey Taylor
Charlotte Receives: Brandon Bass, Jason Terry, Fab Melo, Raja Bell

Boston Trades: Jeff Green, Brandon Bass, Jason Terry, Fab Melo
Boston Receives: Paul Millsap, Ben Gordon, Jeff Taylor

Utah is a terrific long term fit for Green. Sessions upgrades their PG position. They get value at positions of need for Millsap before he walks.

Charlotte is very guard heavy and needs front line help. Bass is a major offensive upgrade to their frontcourt, and rotates with Bismark B. They also get veteran leadership and scoring from Terry, while ridding themselves of Gordon, who makes way too much $$ for the relatively limited minutes he's playing there. They reduce both short and long term money.

Millsap is a major upgrade at the 4 for Boston (who intends to sign him in / before the offseason). Gordon remains one of the best shooters in the game -- he opens up the floor and feeds off Rondo penetration. Taylor's a nice young rotational wing who can play behind Pierce, defend and hit two or three 3s a game on the 2nd unit. Bradley starts at the 2, but can be eased back over time with Gordon in the fold. Ben is also a pretty ideal inside-outside compliment to Sully on the 2nd unit.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Jazz / Cats / Cs Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
No way the team would ship Terry to the Bobcats at this point in his career after he just signed with the team. Lee would have to be substituted for Terry.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Why does Utah need Jeff green when they have Marvin Williams?

You do realise millsap gets exactly the same criticism as Jeff green does? Aggressive for 2 or 3 games when he scores in bunches then extremely passive for stretches. I closed my eyes when the Utah commentators were talking about him and they could have very easily been talking about Jeff aswell.

Throwing in terry when he is proven playoff performer on a cheap deal is a bad move.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 04:08:32 PM »

Offline diconzo

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 85
This may be just green goggles, but I think we would be better off with Bass, Green & Terry than Millsap, Gordon, Taylor. So I think Danny says no on this trade. We're putting out too much talent and not getting enough back.

No way the team would ship Terry to the Bobcats at this point in his career after he just signed with the team. Lee would have to be substituted for Terry.

+1

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

You do realise millsap gets exactly the same criticism as Jeff green does? Aggressive for 2 or 3 games when he scores in bunches then extremely passive for stretches. I closed my eyes when the Utah commentators were talking about him and they could have very easily been talking about Jeff aswell.

Throwing in terry when he is proven playoff performer on a cheap deal is a bad move.

I don't follow much of this. Williams is not a long-term building block in Utah.

Millsap is an excellent, efficient player who fills a clear need on this team. Can you supply an example of that criticism?

Terry is not a throw in. Charlotte wants him specifically to fill a need. Gordon replaces him -- Ben's had his own successes in the playoffs, a number of them in the Garden.

==========

Kane ~~ to your point, I hear that POV. But this would be a high impact move. I don't believe there's a 100% certainty that Ainge -- without fail -- wouldn't trade Terry based on who he is and where he's been.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:03:02 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
For what it's worth, i think a more simplified Millsap for Green deal is something both teams would consider.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 08:01:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I don't follow much of this. Williams is not a long-term building block in Utah.

Millsap is an excellent, efficient player who fills a clear need on this team. Can you supply an example of that criticism?

Terry is not a throw in. Charlotte wants him specifically to fill a need. Gordon replaces him -- Ben's had his own successes in the playoffs, a number of them in the Garden.

==========

Kane ~~ to your point, I hear that POV. But this would be a high impact move. I don't believe there's a 100% certainty that Ainge -- without fail -- wouldn't trade Terry based on who he is and where he's been.

I'm sorry but

They are the same age

Their averages are almost the same across the board. 

Utah has no need for Green.  There will be a need of another team that would want Green.

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 02:33:52 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Millsap has almost a 19 Efficiency Rating.  I have never heard of him not giving 100% or being inconsistent!!

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/paul_millsap/

Smitty77

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Utah gets a terrible return in the deal. Terry to the Bobcats is just a cold move to make.

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 03:00:37 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

==========

I'm sorry but

They are the same age

Utah has no need for Green.  There will be a need of another team that would want Green.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3209/jeff-green

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3015/paul-millsap

I'd be interested to understand where their numbers are even close, much less how they are across the board.

If Millsap where signed long-term and they weren't looking to build around Favors at the 4, they would never even consider trading a player of Millsap's value for Green.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

==========

I'm sorry but

They are the same age

I'd be interested to understand where their numbers are even close, much less how they are across the board.

If Millsap where signed long-term and they weren't looking to build around Favors at the 4, they would never even consider trading a player of Millsap's value for Green.

I am talking about Green and Williams.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 05:47:32 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

==========

I'm sorry but

They are the same age

Ah. In that case my point is diminished. I'd argue Green has had less opportunity to be featured offensively in fewer NBA seasons, and obviously Utah would have to agree and see something they don't in Marvin, who stinks.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 01:31:50 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

==========

I'm sorry but

They are the same age

Ah. In that case my point is diminished. I'd argue Green has had less opportunity to be featured offensively in fewer NBA seasons, and obviously Utah would have to agree and see something they don't in Marvin, who stinks.

I see them as the same players.

Their numbers and roles show that. 

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 06:56:12 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Let's hope you're wrong!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)