Author Topic: Teams looking for a change (trading partners?)  (Read 1725 times)

Teams looking for a change (trading partners?)
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:50:00 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
At this point in the season it is becoming more obvious the teams that are going to look to move players. Teams are likely looking either because individual players are under achieving or the team is underachieving.

The following are teams i expect to look to shake things up, there untouchable assets, players to move, and players the Cs could target.

Washington
     untouchable: Wall, Beal, Vesely, Seraphin

movable: Nene, Okafur, Ariza, webster, Crawford

C Target: Okafur

trade idea : bass + Lee for Okafur (after jan 14th)

Toronto

untouchable: Lowry, Valaniciunas, DeRozan, Ross

movable: Calderon, Bargnani, Johnson, Kleiza, Davis 

C Target: Ed Davis

trade idea : Lee + 1st for Davis and Lucas

Orlando

untouchable: Vucevic, Harkless, Nicholson 

movable: Nelson, Afflalo, Harrington,BBD, Redick,     

C Target: ?? DA has always seemed to like redick but not a fit with this current team

trade idea : none

Sacramento

untouchable: Cousins, Robinson, Thorton

movable: Evans, Thompson, Fredette

C Target: Thompson

trade idea : bass + Lee + 1st for Thompson + Garcia (after jan 14th)

Phoenix

untouchable: Dragic, Morris,

movable: Gortat,Beasley,Dudley,Brown,Telfair,O'neal
              Frye, Scola, Johnson

C Target: Dudly,

trade idea : Lee + Melo for Dudley

Lakers
     untouchable: Kobe, Howard, Nash, Metta

movable: Gasol,Blake,Hill Duhon,Meeks,Ebanks,Morris

C Target: Hill

trade idea : Lee for Hill and Clark

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Teams looking for a change (trading partners?)
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Washington

Okafor would be a very good backup center.

I don't think I'd move Okafor into the starting lineup though. I like KG at center. Not sure Okafor is good enough still to justify moving KG back to PF full time. I'd probably start Wilcox with Bass gone. Sully and Okafor off the bench.

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:52 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Toronto 

C Target: Ed Davis

trade idea : Lee + 1st for Davis and Lucas

Orlando

movable: Nelson, Afflalo, Harrington,BBD, Redick,     

C Target: ?? DA has always seemed to like redick but not a fit with this current team

trade idea : none

Phoenix

C Target: Dudly,

trade idea : Lee + Melo for Dudley

Jared Dudley

Paul Pierce and Jeff Green are already here so there are no minutes available at the three for Dudley. Very good role player but not a good fit.

Phoenix uses Dudley as a SG but the only reason he plays there is because for the second year in a row their idiotic front office decided not to sign anyone to play the position. Dudley struggles there. Is not a good fit there. Too slow.

Al Harrington

I think Al Harrington would be a very good target for Danny or another contender. He was one of the best sixth men in the league last year. He'd give Boston a big man who can really create matchup issues for the opponent off the bench. Stretch out the floor for Rondo's playmaking. Juice up the Celtics offense.

It's hard not to see Boston being one of the most effective offensive teams in the league with a weapon like Al Harrington out there alongside Boston's other weapons. His three point shooting and scoring punch would a real weapon.

Ed Davis

I haven't seen much of Toronto yet this season but it doesn't look like Davis has done enough yet to address his flaws to be an answer for Boston.

His two main issues are:

(1) Defensively, Ed Davis is too much of a lightweight to handle power players at the PF position. He gets pushed around too easily. Concedes position too easily. He plays good team defense and is a really good shot-blocker but is often a liability in man-to-man defense.

(2) Offensively, Ed Davis has been too much of a garbage man. Limited passer and jump-shooter. Early signs are his jumper is a bit improved. I remember Coach Casey talking about that in camp and his numbers are slightly up so far ... but attempts are still very low. It doesn't look like he's comfortable enough with that yet.

So, overall, the defensive issues and lack of offensive talent means his team rarely gains an advantage with Ed Davis on the floor. More of a middle of the pack backup PF.

Ed Davis still has a long ways to go. I don't think he's a solution to anything for Boston this season. In fact, I think Kenyon Martin with his superior defensive ability would add more to the Celtics with his physical and mental toughness. 

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 11:18:19 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Nice idea on Harrington. I think he can be had for cheap and would be a great fit here.

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Washington

Okafor would be a very good backup center.

I don't think I'd move Okafor into the starting lineup though. I like KG at center. Not sure Okafor is good enough still to justify moving KG back to PF full time. I'd probably start Wilcox with Bass gone. Sully and Okafor off the bench.

I wouldnt pay my back up center 14 mil a year over the next two years.

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 02:00:11 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I wouldnt pay my back up center 14 mil a year over the next two years.

I'd pay a backup center whatever he needed if he got me banner #18. When KG leaves the floor we turn into a basket-trading team. That is not Celtic defense and while I'm not sure Okafor is the answer I dislike the thinking that says "why pay the backup SF 9M/yr" or "backup centers can't make 14M". I'll let Doc decide where to play them and if they come off the bench. Danny's job is to fill needs and find a way to make the $ work. Okafor in exchange for Bass/Lee doesn't work $ wise I don't think so that is probably a no go but I'm not ruling out paying a backup if he makes our team a contender.

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 09:28:22 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
MY thought with Dudley was to move Green into the starting lineup at the 4. The Dudley becomes the back up 3

PG Rondo 35min, Terry 13min
SG AB 30min, Terry, 10min, PP 8min
SF PP 22min, Dudley 20min, Green 6 min
PF Green 30min, Bass 18min
C  KG 30min, Sully/wilcox 18 min

This in my opinion would require another move to bring in a true backup center (dalembert to take the 18 back up C minutes) if Bass can be swapped for a 6'10+ big man of equivalent talent this team is fixed.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet