Author Topic: out of left field trade idea LA - Miami  (Read 3346 times)

out of left field trade idea LA - Miami
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Why dont the Heat and Lakers do the following.

Trade Gasol + 1st to Heat for Bosh??

It has been reported that the heat are going to be deep in luxury tax problems in the coming years with no real way out. Gasol has a deal that is 2 years shorter then Bosh's. Bosh would obviously fit nicely as the lakers PF.

Dont like the trade as a Cs fan but it does make some sense for both teams.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: out of left field trade idea LA - Miami
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:48 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Miami wouldn't do it. Bosh has clicked really well with LBJ and Wade. They wouldn't risk that for Paul Gasol.

As for the 1st round draft pick, I've heard the upcoming draft class is really weak so I doubt Miami would value that.

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
At this point in their respective careers, Bosh is slightly the superior player.  Add to that age, and Miami would want no part of such deal.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Chris Bosh would be just as bad a fit in LA alongside Dwight, Kobe and Nash as Pau Gasol is.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 11:12:48 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
No way this would happen. Bosh is younger and in my opinion fits the Heat better. On another topic are people that type "Paul" Gasol being auto corrected? I've seen so many people type his name that way that I'm curious.

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:39 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I agree Bosh is better then Gasol but the financial implications might sway Miami. They get Pau off the books sooner then they can sign him to a sub max deal.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 11:13:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
I think a trade based around Wade for Pau makes more sense.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

For Miami it does. Don't see how it does for LA

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Gasol wouldnt fit with the Heats small ball run and gun style. He would give them a nice inside presence but Bosh would be much more effective in their lineup on both ends of the court.

Bosh however would fit with DAntoni's system. He can be the outside presence big man that LA would need and I think his defense alongside Howard could be pretty stellar. The Heat are defending champs though, if it aint broke.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 11:39:52 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Why don't you like it for LA?

Slide Kobe over to SF and play Wade at SG. Speed up the offense. Bring in a shooter at PF to spread the floor. Dwight Howard provides the interior presence. Wade, Nash and Kobe provide dribble penetration, scoring and playmaking. It would be very difficult to play against.

There wouldn't be enough touches alongside Nash and Kobe for Wade to play at his peak level but he would play at a much higher level than Pau Gasol can alongside those same players and LA as a collective unit would be much stronger.

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:29 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
There is no way that Miami gives up Bosh for Gasol.  No chance at all.  Now if you added in a third team, it may be more likely.

Maybe something like this:

Minny gets Gasol
LAL gets Bosh
Miami gets Pekovic, Williams, Barea, LAL 1st

Why?  Minnesota gets Pau a guy they want.  The Lakers get a younger healthier and cheaper version of Gasol.  The Heat get a true legit center, a recent very high draft pick that is a combo forward (a much much poorer version of Lebron), a nice quality backup guard for both the 1 and 2, and a draft pick.

That said while I think this would work for all 3 teams, I don't see any reason why the Heat would trade Bosh coming off of a title run in which Bosh was a big part of the success. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 01:11:01 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Especially since Bosh is having such a good season, this is farfetched. I could have seen it going down last year when Bosh was playing poorly (pre-playoffs), but obviously it didn't ...

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

Slide Kobe over to SF and play Wade at SG. Speed up the offense. Bring in a shooter at PF to spread the floor. Dwight Howard provides the interior presence. Wade, Nash and Kobe provide dribble penetration, scoring and playmaking. It would be very difficult to play against.

There wouldn't be enough touches alongside Nash and Kobe for Wade to play at his peak level but he would play at a much higher level than Pau Gasol can alongside those same players and LA as a collective unit would be much stronger.

I don't like either trade for the record.

What shooting pf are you bringing in and how?

Dint like Kobe playing SF for same reason I don't like Pierce at SG too much pounding defensively for a season.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 01:25:06 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Wade + Kobe together? Doesn't make sense.

Need third team.

Now Dwight seems to not love CA. Bosh for Dwight?

Pau at C, Bosh at PF in LA.

Dwight upgrade Miami post play and D. A small drop off when they run "everyone else get out of Lebron's way" offense, but I think the number of drive to the hoop and drop it off to Dwight to finish points would make up for it.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 01:32:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I don't like either trade for the record.

What shooting pf are you bringing in and how?

Dint like Kobe playing SF for same reason I don't like Pierce at SG too much pounding defensively for a season.

I don't like having to play Kobe at SF either. I agree he is considerably more effective as a SG and is lacking in size / power at SF. But, if needs must then it should be done. In this case, to make way for a player as talented as D-Wade, I would happily move Kobe to SF.

The power forward doesn't matter too much. They don't need a starting caliber player there. Just someone who doesn't get in the way. A low level shooter like Anthony Tolliver would work. A quicker PF with less range but a solid midrange game like Dante Cunningham would work. A slower guy like DJ White would work in a part-time starter's role with a backup behind him playing more minutes if they wanted more muscle. If they couldn't get any of that, even a less gifted offensive player but superior defender/rebounder would be alright albeit less preferable.

They would be able to find someone. It wouldn't be something I'd be concerned about.

Heck, they could use Artest there if they wanted to.