Author Topic: Mavericks (11-10) at Celtics (11-9) 12/12  (Read 32718 times)

Re: Mavericks (11-10) at Celtics (11-9) 12/12
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2012, 10:26:18 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I'm done defending him.  The problem is doc rivers.  He can't coach and he can't inspire anymore.  He has talent and has no idea what to do with it.

« Reply #241 on: December 13, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think it's pretty pathetic to take two overtimes to beat a team that committed nearly 30 turnovers.
I didn't like how the C's froze up their offense when they went:

A) Zone
B) having Fisher guard Pierce

I completely get taking advantage of mis-matches but you can't let it stagnate all ball movement and other options.
Not to mention that with Fisher clutching, holding, grabbing and pushing that wasn't getting called that Pierce was having very little success against Fisher.

« Reply #242 on: December 13, 2012, 11:09:31 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I think it's pretty pathetic to take two overtimes to beat a team that committed nearly 30 turnovers.

A) Zone

I completely get taking advantage of mis-matches but you can't let it stagnate all ball movement and other options.
Not to mention that with Fisher clutching, holding, grabbing and pushing that wasn't getting called that Pierce was having very little success against Fisher.
I hate how once a player gets 5 fouls they're allowed to go nuts before fouling out.

The no call on the first OT last jumper drove me insane, ref was right there and missed the contact during the shot.

« Reply #243 on: December 13, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

A) Zone

Agree, its like only Rondo and PP were on the court, RR takes the ball up, switch defenders and give the ball to PP. How many times can you run this play? you got 3 other guys on court. (they did the same in previous games)
KG had Marion guarding him, and that mismatch was ignored.

« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

A) Zone

Agree, its like only Rondo and PP were on the court, RR takes the ball up, switch defenders and give the ball to PP. How many times can you run this play? you got 3 other guys on court. (they did the same in previous games)
KG had Marion guarding him, and that mismatch was ignored.
The posted up KG twice I think late, but KG didn't get his shot to go and it was short.

I think KG was pretty tired at that point so they didn't work that matchup like they would have earlier in the game.

« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2012, 12:26:11 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
A win is a win, but that was a bad one.

Marion at Center. Derek Fisher, Oj Mayo, Deron Collison, and Vince Carter in a 4 guard lineup. Then Dahntay Jones.

And we couldn't stop anyone. Marion is solid and I like OJ, but the rest of those guys aren't that good honestly.

We should have blown that lineup away. Instead we give up a 14 point lead and survive a double OT.

Hated what I saw last night, but thankfully we won.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2012, 12:40:44 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Marion at Center. Derek Fisher, Oj Mayo, Deron Collison, and Vince Carter in a 4 guard lineup. Then Dahntay Jones.

And we couldn't stop anyone. Marion is solid and I like OJ, but the rest of those guys aren't that good honestly.

We should have blown that lineup away. Instead we give up a 14 point lead and survive a double OT.

I hate the "14 point lead", we had that lead for one whole possesion. They closed the gap in a 2 minute sequence to get it down to around 5 or 6 where it was for most of the second half.

« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2012, 01:11:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

I hate the "14 point lead", we had that lead for one whole possesion. They closed the gap in a 2 minute sequence to get it down to around 5 or 6 where it was for most of the second half.

You still had it... Against a team we should have had it on. They were without Dirk and were playing Marion at Center with scrubs in Fisher and Jones.They had 30 TOs. If we don't play matador defense we could have won that game by 20+.

« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2012, 01:17:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Transition defense was awful in the second half, as it was all year. Rondo playing Mayo left JET playing Collison and Collison killed this team in transition.

Green's pick and roll defense as well as the weak side rotations were just as bad. The problem with this team is defense, mostly when KG is off the court. I think Bradley's return will help but Wilcox, Sullinger, JET, Rondo, and Green have to start playing better, smarter, more dedicated defense.

Though I will say Rondo's defense on Mayo last night was very good.

« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

You still had it... Against a team we should have had it on. They were without Dirk and were playing Marion at Center with scrubs in Fisher and Jones.They had 30 TOs. If we don't play matador defense we could have won that game by 20+.

Dirk hasn't played all year and the Mavs came into last night's game with a winning record. Clearly they aren't as bad as you think they should be.

« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2012, 01:30:45 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
People seem to forget that the reason, the Mavs had so many turnovers was that we were playing trap defense with KG the whole night. It worked pretty well, but also left some open shots for the Mavs, which they hit. Also they hit some not so open shots.

« Reply #251 on: December 13, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!
People seem to forget that the reason, the Mavs had so many turnovers was that we were playing trap defense with KG the whole night. It worked pretty well, but also left some open shots for the Mavs, which they hit. Also they hit some not so open shots.

Near the end of the game all I saw was a layup line. But I will say the team looked exhausted. Hopefully guys are still getting into shape like last year.

« Reply #252 on: December 13, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Near the end of the game all I saw was a layup line. But I will say the team looked exhausted. Hopefully guys are still getting into shape like last year.

Mayo had an easier time getting past Rondo after Rajon got his 5th foul, that didn't help our defense.

« Reply #253 on: December 13, 2012, 03:27:39 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Intensity!!!

Mayo had an easier time getting past Rondo after Rajon got his 5th foul, that didn't help our defense.

The help defense was still poor. The rotations were bad. I think it had to do with us being tired though.

« Reply #254 on: December 13, 2012, 04:34:46 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Rondo's defense was a little suspect he kept trying to body him too much way past the 3pt line and Mayo kept blowing by him at ease
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk