Author Topic: maybe Phoenix does have the big we need  (Read 6135 times)

Re: maybe Phoenix does have the big we need
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

So, don't say no to JO, say no thank you...

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 06:07:13 PM »

Offline Accension13

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 5
However,  if by the trade deadline,  green is still not playing consistently and providing the impact the c's need at trade deadline time,  he could be a valuable asset to use to bring back an impact big( Jefferson,  Millsap, Varejo, etc.).  Green's loss in a trade will not create that much of a void behind Pierce because of Beasley, and the team could potentially have a game changing front line to pound the heat with.

I'm going to nit-pick you a little bit here. I don't think there's any chance the Jazz trade Millsap; he's their best player. I also don't think Jefferson is the kind of big the Celtics would make a move for, especially mid-season, because he's so soft. Jefferson is an amazing scorer and rebounder, but they aren't shopping for scoring. They need someone with a Tyson Chandler-Anderson Varejao-Omer Asik type game; a finisher on offense who rebounds and plays hard defense.

I agree with this post...They won't give up Milsap , Jefferson would not be brought in as THE type of BIG we need , C's need a Varejao type player.  If Danny trades , it will be for that type .  Scoring is not the issue , its rebounding and paint defense.  Not to say Jefferson won't ever be a Celtic.  Just not this year.

I think for the most part we are all in agreement.  I was just throwing out potential big men targets that could be attained by using Jeff Green.  As I thought more of the options I presented and how they could be utilized,  I think Varejo and Millsap would provide the most benefit against the heat because of their versatility and rebounding.  The problem with those 2 is neither is a rim protector. I guess u can't have everything though

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Stay far, far away from Beasley. He was poison in Minnesota and he is poison in Phoenix. 

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
JO only managed to get on the court for 49 of the 148 regular season games his two seasons in Boston.  He got $12 million out of the Celtics for his 1001 minutes on the court.  That's $12,000 a minute.

The only thing I'd want from the Suns besides Gortat, Scola or Dudley is their medical/training staff.   

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 09:19:12 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'm okay with JO as a player however I think he's either severely brain damaged or just plain scared of surgery.  I blame him for thinking he could play though pain (which he did surprisingly well) for entire seasons and playoff runs.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2012, 09:39:24 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'm okay with JO as a player however I think he's either severely brain damaged or just plain scared of surgery.  I blame him for thinking he could play though pain (which he did surprisingly well) for entire seasons and playoff runs.
It's understandable for Jermaine.

He had serious problems with the doctors in Indiana. The ones the team organized for him. When he started having all those serious injuries. According to JO, they gave him lots of bad advice and mishandled his surgeries and made his injury situation much worse than it originally was. I can't remember the specifics but screwed something up really badly and that is where JO's mistrust of doctors comes from. He blames those doctors from his Indiana days for ruining the best years of his career.

That is why he doesn't trust doctor's opinions who are paid for by the team. That is why he is always goes for a second or third opinion from doctors that are not on the team's payroll. That is why he is so wary of surgery. That is why he takes so much time to make up mind what course of action is best to follow after receiving multiple doctor's opinions.

Because of how things went in Indiana. I think he ended up getting a surgery he didn't need. Or they misdiagnosed a problem and didn't fix the right thing and then he got injured soon after he returned. Or they made something worse in the surgery and made him more vulnerable to injury. Something. Something really bad (at least according to JO). Ahh, I can't remember exactly what it was.

It was some big screw up that badly scarred JO and made him distru****l of doctors. Anyway, that is why JO has such problems with doctors / medical advice. Because he got screwed over in the past and it had very damaging effects on his career.

Edit: Why is distrust-ful blanked out? Censored.

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2012, 09:42:38 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
JO only managed to get on the court for 49 of the 148 regular season games his two seasons in Boston.  He got $12 million out of the Celtics for his 1001 minutes on the court.  That's $12,000 a minute.

The only thing I'd want from the Suns besides Gortat, Scola or Dudley is their medical/training staff.

Speaking of Medical/training staff...How does Ed Lacerte win the Trainer of the year award up against what the Phoenix staff is doing. Dont get me wrong Ed is great, especially dealing with all the injuries the Celtics have had the past year... But the Suns staff works miracles.

Maybe it has something to do with Wilcox and Green both coming back from heart surgeries?

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2012, 09:43:10 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
It's understandable for Jermaine.

He had serious problems with the doctors in Indiana. The ones the team organized for him. When he started having all those serious injuries. According to JO, they gave him lots of bad advice and mishandled his surgeries and made his injury situation much worse than it originally was. I can't remember the specifics but screwed something up really badly and that is where JO's mistrust of doctors comes from. He blames those doctors from his Indiana days for ruining the best years of his career.

That is why he doesn't trust doctor's opinions who are paid for by the team. That is why he is always goes for a second or third opinion from doctors that are not on the team's payroll. That is why he is so wary of surgery.

Because of how things went in Indiana. I think he ended up getting a surgery he didn't need. Or they misdiagnosed a problem and didn't fix the right thing and then he got injured soon after he returned. Or they made something worse in the surgery and made him more vulnerable to injury. Something. Something really bad (at least according to JO). Ahh, I can't remember exactly what it was.

It was some big screw up that badly scarred JO and made him distru****l of doctors. Anyway, that is why JO has such problems with doctors.

I also remember that the docs cleared him to play one year, and JO decided to sit out an additional 6 weeks or so.

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2012, 11:43:28 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Because of the S-T-F-U part :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2012, 11:53:13 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Because of the S-T-F-U part :)
ah, okay. That makes sense. Thank you. I was starting at it and couldn't figure it out.