Author Topic: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?  (Read 15695 times)

Re: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 08:25:20 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Monta Ellis.

I don't see this at all. Keep in mind that Evans is 6-6/220 and his game is much more reminiscent of Harden's. Evans is also extremely young. Just turned 23!

I view Evans as a rich man's Tony Allen. He has all the hops and athleticism of pre-injury TA, with a much better handle and is stronger.

I wonder if the same people who don't want Evans here because he is not a good match with Rondo would say no to TA coming back here because he wouldn't be a good fit with Rondo.

Think about the athleticism and suffocating D that a Rondo-Bradley Evans 1-2-3 combination would be.

At the beginning of the thread, Cousins was and still is my first choice. You guys have convinced me that we probably don't have what it takes to get him.

Given that, Give me Evans, Thompson, Brooks in that order.

Nick, your idea of Thompson and Brooks, though is something that I could easily get behind.

Brooks played real well in Texas before he went to China and is a bargain who could step in and run the team if anything happened to Rondo. Thompson is a big who could contribute right away, but more so in the future.

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 08:34:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

I don't see this at all. Keep in mind that Evans is 6-6/220 and his game is much more reminiscent of Harden's. Evans is also extremely young. Just turned 23!

I view Evans as a rich man's Tony Allen. He has all the hops and athleticism of pre-injury TA, with a much better handle and is stronger.

I wonder if the same people who don't want Evans here because he is not a good match with Rondo would say no to TA coming back here because he wouldn't be a good fit with Rondo.

Think about the athleticism and suffocating D that a Rondo-Bradley Evans 1-2-3 combination would be.

At the beginning of the thread, Cousins was and still is my first choice. You guys have convinced me that we probably don't have what it takes to get him.

Nick, your idea of Thompson and Brooks, though is something that I could easily get behind.

Brooks played real well in Texas before he went to China and is a bargain who could step in and run the team if anything happened to Rondo. Thompson is a big who could contribute right away, but more so in the future.
I don't think Tyreke is as athletic as Tony Allen. He is not as quick or as explosive.

I'd describe Tyreke more as a Joe Johnson level athlete.

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The deal i see kings making with us would be:

Bradley, Bass or Sullinger, Pierce and a 1st round pick

for

Evans , Robinson , Salmons and 2nd round pick

The celts starting lineup would be then

Robinson, KG, Salmons, Evans and Rondo

Kings lineup

Cousins, Thompson, Pierce,  Bradley, Fredette

Kings in an instance get a whole lot better. Pierce would provide them with the winning pedigree the team never had before. Plus he gets to play out his last years in the westcoast. Bradley, Sullinger and 1st round pick is a nice insurance in case Pierce gets injured or only gives you a few years of service. Fredette can finally have a chance to have full pg duties.

Celtics get a whole lot interesting. Evans can play his natural guard/sf position. Imo he has been getting injured these few years because he is asked to do too much. Unfortunately he is not a franchise player nor is he a true pg. I think he can co exist with Rondo , get less injured and play alot better with a vet team. He is still very young, and Ainge was trying hard a few years to grab him. Robinson thus far is not looking like a great pick for the kings. They already have Cousins and Thompson upfront and Robinson is not getting a chance to warm up imo. The guy is definitely starting material and would be a nice upgrade to sullinger. While Sullies iq and maturity is possibly higher, Robinson has a good inch adv in height, better body, athleticism  and quickness. With confidence he can be a monster

I'd hate to give up Bradley the most, but there are huge concerns about his shoulders. Its no worse than Evans injury concerns.

Overall i would think hard about making the trade. I don't think its wise to have , two aging players like kg and pierce in the lineup , stay competitive, lose them due to injury/age/retirement and dangerously start a drastic rebuild path.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:03:45 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
For the kings Cousins is not avail to be traded. You would have to give up Rondo for them to even think about it.

Thompson is another gem, and it would take alot to get him. The guy is a consistent 15 pt , 10 rebound guy. This year he is like 17pts and 11-12 rebounds per game.

Evans and Robinson can be had though. Kings have been drafting in the top 10 for how many years now?? They need to bring in some vets with winning pedigrees. Pierce would be perfect for so many reasons for them.

Evans def has "special" in his game. Awesome crossovers and a big strong body. Shooting needs to improve and has poor hops. But from what i've seen , it doesn't matter. He can finish in traffic very well using his big body and making circus bank shots. Plays hard also
Reminds me of a taller Dwayne Wade, the way he can dribble , finish around the basket and also not shoot as great. Again still very young at 1989 born
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 10:06:47 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 10:36:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
For the kings Cousins is not avail to be traded. You would have to give up Rondo for them to even think about it.

Thompson is another gem, and it would take alot to get him. The guy is a consistent 15 pt , 10 rebound guy. This year he is like 17pts and 11-12 rebounds per game.

Evans and Robinson can be had though. Kings have been drafting in the top 10 for how many years now?? They need to bring in some vets with winning pedigrees. Pierce would be perfect for so many reasons for them.

Evans def has "special" in his game. Awesome crossovers and a big strong body. Shooting needs to improve and has poor hops. But from what i've seen , it doesn't matter. He can finish in traffic very well using his big body and making circus bank shots. Plays hard also
Reminds me of a taller Dwayne Wade, the way he can dribble , finish around the basket and also not shoot as great. Again still very young at 1989 born
Not sure how you are coming up with Thompson being virtually untouchable or averaging 17/11. He is very available for the right deal, I am sure, because he isn't a 17/11 guy. He's a 11/7 guy and those guys are plentiful around the league.

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I don't think Tyreke is as athletic as Tony Allen. He is not as quick or as explosive.

I'd describe Tyreke more as a Joe Johnson level athlete.

Interesting comparison, Who.

Combine numbers interesting too.
3/4 court sprint: TE 3.14, TA 3.17, JJ 3.4
Nostep vertical: TE 28.5, TA 31.5, JJ 32.5
Max vertical: TE:34.5, TA 36.5, JJ 36.5
Lane Agility:TE 11.81, TA 10.7, JJ 12.06

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

This has jumped the shark, guys. Evans isn't actually a good defensive player. Somewhere way back there someone mentioned that Evans could become an excellent defensive player some day. He certainly has the tools to be one, but thus far he has not shown the effort or the intelligence, only the size and lateral quickness. Saying Tyreke Evans is a rich man's Tony Allen is like saying Javale McGee is a rich man's Tyson Chandler.

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 11:47:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Allen is one of the best d guards in the league. But def short in offensive skills vs Evans. Evans is not a poor defender and has the tools to be a very good one. Under kg and rivers he would be very good or have to be.

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 11:54:54 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

This has jumped the shark, guys. Evans isn't actually a good defensive player. Somewhere way back there someone mentioned that Evans could become an excellent defensive player some day. He certainly has the tools to be one, but thus far he has not shown the effort or the intelligence, only the size and lateral quickness. Saying Tyreke Evans is a rich man's Tony Allen is like saying Javale McGee is a rich man's Tyson Chandler.

That's actually a really good comparison. McGee is more talented than Chandler. Offensively he's more coordinated, and is more athletic. But man his skill level and mental judgements are just miles behind in every meaningful way.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 11:34:47 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Not sure how you are coming up with Thompson being virtually untouchable or averaging 17/11. He is very available for the right deal, I am sure, because he isn't a 17/11 guy. He's a 11/7 guy and those guys are plentiful around the league.
He was probably look at Cousins' stats, he is a 17/10 guy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

That's actually a really good comparison. McGee is more talented than Chandler. Offensively he's more coordinated, and is more athletic. But man his skill level and mental judgements are just miles behind in every meaningful way.

I am an avid fan of Shaqtin A Fool (where Shaq counts down his top five "dumb" NBA happenings of the week.) Its amazing how many times McGee has already popped up on the countdown in only 4 episodes this year.

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 11:39:38 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He was probably look at Cousins' stats, he is a 17/10 guy.
That makes sense.

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I consider Tyreke Evans a good defensive player already. Not a high level one but a good one. He just plays on a bad defensive team so it doesn't stand out. Stick him on a quality defensive team and his defense would be more appreciated.

As a PG, I rate Tyreke Evans as a very good team defender but a dodgy man-to-man defender. As a SF, I rate Tyreke Evans as a weak team and a weak man-to-man defensive player. As a SG, I rate Tyreke as a good man-to-man and team defender.

I really hate it when Sacramento uses Tyreke Evans at SF. He is a power-based guard. He has been his entire career. That is how he plays. That is how he knows how to play -- how to use his size and power to his advantage against smaller guards. He doesn't know how to function (defensively or offensively) without that size / power advantage (which he loses as a SF where he becomes undersized). It's a terrible misuse of a talented player.

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Question here: what do the Kings likely want right now? I suspect the answer more than anything else: leadership.

Would folks in this thread trade Jason Terry as part of getting Ty Evans? Do you feel the Cs would do that?

Example: Terry, Bass, Cs 2013 1st, SAC's 2015 2nd, and cash, for Evans & Thompson.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2012, 11:42:16 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
anyone know how good Jason Thompson's D is?  the only highlights I have seen of him are all dunks.  He looks athletic and has some moves for a 6'11" guy.  Does he fit with the C's and Doc?  He is someone who has the size to match up with the bigger more athletic 4's that KG doesn't have the quickness to cover anymore.