Author Topic: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?  (Read 15666 times)

Re: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Aside from Cousins, is there anyone else we would want?
I DON'T want Cousins.

Yeah cousins is the type of guy you enjoy watching from afar, but not on your team.

Seen a lot of him this year because he's in my fantasy team. Immensely talented offensively, but has a temper and just flat out lazy defensively. A waste of a talented basketball body with the wrong brain.
He's just as lazy offensively, just awful lazy basketball. Faces up and just random lazy moves before settling for jump shots often.

Cousins has some problems and maturity issues. He's also essentially unattainable by the Celtics, despite those problems.

The Cs would offer any player on their roster not named Garnett or Rondo for him.

The Cs should offer any player on their roster not named Garnett or Rondo for him.

The Cs could offer any player on their roster not named Garnett or Rondo for him, and they'd be turned down flat.

He shouldn't part of the discussion around who we might acquire from SAC. 

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I DON'T want Cousins.

How come? Strictly for the headcase issues or do you see somthing else?

There couldn't really be another reason. His head is the only thing preventing him from being the top C in the NBA.
He's not good enough to afford himself to be the coach-killer/certified headcase that he is.

The talent is undeniable, but the guy just doesn't get it. Teams will be tempted to build around him because of the talent, which is likely to result in an abject failure and a lot of wasted time in the process.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I don't think Boston has the pieces to get Cousins and I'm not sure there is anyone else I would want.  Maybe Evans, but that could be a disaster, though I suppose if we don't give up much it would be worth it.

I actually think the Kings could be good trade partners as a third team.  You know something like Gasol to Minny, Pekovic and Williams to Sacto, and Thompson, Evans, and Barea to the Lakeshow.

2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 02:48:27 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I DON'T want Cousins.

Yeah cousins is the type of guy you enjoy watching from afar, but not on your team.

Seen a lot of him this year because he's in my fantasy team. Immensely talented offensively, but has a temper and just flat out lazy defensively. A waste of a talented basketball body with the wrong brain.
He's just as lazy offensively, just awful lazy basketball. Faces up and just random lazy moves before settling for jump shots often.

Cousins has some problems and maturity issues. He's also essentially unattainable by the Celtics, despite those problems.

The Cs would offer any player on their roster not named Garnett or Rondo for him.

The Cs should offer any player on their roster not named Garnett or Rondo for him.

The Cs could offer any player on their roster not named Garnett or Rondo for him, and they'd be turned down flat.

He shouldn't part of the discussion around who we might acquire from SAC.

We aren't discussing the likelihood of the celtics getting him.... We're saying that we don't want him even if it is possible, which it isn't.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Monta Ellis.

Would love to see this Kings team get rid of Evans and Thornton, I think Cousins ans Robinson are a great foundation and it'd be great to see a team built around them.

Pssssht. Draft's over pal. Nobody's buying.

Why? Because Tyreke Evans has shown such a willingness to defer since Summer? Guys got the worst basketball IQ in the league.

I was talking about Thomas Robinson being a great foundation piece.

Now let me be clear here. I have not watched one single minute of Sacramento Kings basketball this season, OR, last season. But I can say with complete authority, Thomas Robinson sux.

I'm of the mindset that this King's team is such a disaster it's impossible to judge his value.  I think he's a great fit next to Demarcus Cousins who I'm extremely high on.

I've said it before, but I don't think people grasp just how frustrating it MUST be to be a great post player - which Cousins is - and to consistently not get the ball when you want  it.  Maybe I'm an apologist, or I just want to be right, but I feel for the guy. And I think a lot of the silly things he does is the product of having to play with a team whose chemistry is mind boggingly bad.

« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, 02:51:54 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I DON'T want Cousins.

There couldn't really be another reason. His head is the only thing preventing him from being the top C in the NBA.
He's not good enough to afford himself to be the coach-killer/certified headcase that he is.

The talent is undeniable, but the guy just doesn't get it. Teams will be tempted to build around him because of the talent, which is likely to result in an abject failure and a lot of wasted time in the process.

You don't think Garnett could get in his ear and teach him how to be a pro?

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Garnett is great, but he's not a miracle worker and so far he's only helped people who wanted to help themselves in the first place.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, 02:55:18 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I DON'T want Cousins.

It's certainly premature to conclude he won't shape up should he be fortunate enough to end up in a better, more credible situation. Sadly, it's doubtful it'll happen before he becomes another Andray Blatche -- a talented guy with no structure or discipline in a worthless NBA franchise. I do hope for his sake and the sake of the league he's traded to a better organization sooner rather than later. 

Reality is Ainge would jump for joy if he could acquire him, as would this board, including those who say they don't want him.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:02:24 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 02:57:20 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think he'll ever stop taking the awful jumpers. Once a player's shot selection is broken so badly its hard to get them to remove it from their game.

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
I don't think he'll ever stop taking the awful jumpers. Once a player's shot selection is broken so badly its hard to get them to remove it from their game.
Well, Zach Randolph did, and I've seen him take some of the most horrible three pointers in recent memory.

But I agree that the likelihood is not too high.

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
The two players I would want off that Kings team is Jason Thompson and Aaron Brooks.

Thompson and Brooks for Bass and Lee work

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 03:00:31 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The two players I would want off that Kings team is Jason Thompson and Aaron Brooks.

ANd when I order a sundae, I will take it with plain vanilla ice cream, sans whipped cream, and without any other superfluous topping aside from cold chocolate sauce.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Looking at the Kings Roster

1. Cousins, cant see any way they trade him unless for a young allstar. Centers are to hard to come by.

2. Evans, to me a physically ideal nba shooting guard with out the IQ or proper skill set. He needs to be traded for his career to have a chance. Not a good fit with Rondo, to ball dominate. A team in need of pure talent should take a shot at him (Orlando, Phoenix?) I would like to see him play the point with an athletic undersize SG (like AB or Bledose). I think he still has a chance to be a perennial allstar. maybe
                   sac get Dudly, S Brown and 1st
                   sun get Evans, J Johnson

3. Robinson, seems like a Pitino more to give up on him this quick. He just needs a real PG and time to develop. Would love him as a C but don't think we have a trade that works and already have Sully as our young PF.

4. Thompson, would love to see him as a C. Kings really should move him if they want to give Robinson a shot. Would prob have to work out a three team trade.
    maybe Sac gets Ridnour, D Williams
           Cs get Thompson, Garcia (get him off cap)
         Minn get Bass, Lee (Min gets valuable depth)
    Cs become a better rebounding longer team and eliminate log jam at SG when AB comes back

5. Jimmer, needs to be on a team where he can get consistent minutes and score off the ball. Has been shooting well this year. Seems like a great fit for the Lakers in a bench role
       may move Jimmer to LA for Hill if they trade away thompson

New Kings if trades are all performed

PG Ridnour, Thomas, Brooks,
SG Thorton, S Brown
SF Dudly, D Williams
PF Robinson, Hayes
C  Cousins , Hill

Potential for Williams, Robinson and Cousins to develop into most physically gifted front court in NBA. Though alot riding on Williams perimeter game. The addition of solid vets Ridnour, Brown and Dudly should help the young core.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

This may be an intriguing option, but I'm not sure we can win consistently with no shooting guard taller than 6'3 on the roster.

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2012, 03:01:43 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I just think the circumstance is so ridiculous that it's hard to judge. The guy has to play with 4 of the leagues worst ball stoppers in: Marcus Thornton, Tyreke Evans, Aaron Brooks and John Salmons.

I mean, just on a personal level - I'm a big spacing and chemistry guy on the court and I can get SUPER frustrated when people get selfish. I just can't imagine having to deal with this team 82 games a year.