Author Topic: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?  (Read 15663 times)

Re: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Monta Ellis.

Would love to see this Kings team get rid of Evans and Thornton, I think Cousins ans Robinson are a great foundation and it'd be great to see a team built around them.

Pssssht. Draft's over pal. Nobody's buying.

Why? Because Tyreke Evans has shown such a willingness to defer since Summer? Guys got the worst basketball IQ in the league.

I was talking about Thomas Robinson being a great foundation piece.

Now let me be clear here. I have not watched one single minute of Sacramento Kings basketball this season, OR, last season. But I can say with complete authority, Thomas Robinson sux.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 01:57:39 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
True or false: Tyreke Evans has the potential to become an elite wing defender in the NBA.

True. Very strong potential as a defender. Never shown much of a willingness tho.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 02:16:58 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Monta Ellis.

Would love to see this Kings team get rid of Evans and Thornton, I think Cousins ans Robinson are a great foundation and it'd be great to see a team built around them.

Pssssht. Draft's over pal. Nobody's buying.

Why? Because Tyreke Evans has shown such a willingness to defer since Summer? Guys got the worst basketball IQ in the league.

I was talking about Thomas Robinson being a great foundation piece.

Now let me be clear here. I have not watched one single minute of Sacramento Kings basketball this season, OR, last season. But I can say with complete authority, Thomas Robinson sux.

Yeah Thomas Robinson has really struggled now he's realized he can't win with physicality like college. Nba players don't get pushed around so easy.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 02:22:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
According to Sam Amico via twitter:

https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/277096794784165888

"Kings are very open to moving some of their nice young pieces. Willing trade partner with assets."

Aside from Cousins, is there anyone else we would want?

What would they want/need? What are their longterm/shorterm goals? That franchise is somewhat of an enigma to me.

Robinson, Evans, Jimmer don't seem to be positions of need for us.

I'd love either Tyreke Evans (there isn't a guy in the league who screams 'If I was only in a better environment I'd be an all-star' more than Tyreke Evans to me, excepting maybe DeMarcus Cousins) or Boogie Cousins.

Cousins is (at least should be) out of reach for us. The Kings just invested heavily in an undersized 4, so I can't imagine Jared Sullinger is getting them all hot and bothered, and Jeff Green just isn't the guy who is gonna get them to move Boogie.

But Jeff Green might be a guy who can get them to move Tyreke Evans. Tyreke Evans could be the 6th man of the year for us. A combo 1/2/3 who plays 32 minutes a night between the 3, who is used with the intelligence and discipline to keep him in a role in the offense that consistently puts him in a place to succeed.

once that guy gets his confidence back, watchout world.

Ainge has long been an Evans fan. Thornton, Green, Robinson and Cousins is a decent core. I suspect we'd have to take some junk off their hands in the process, like Garcia, Salmons and / or Outlaw.

Evans' shooting is a concern. He wants the ball in his hands to create -- spotting up is a weakness. How is he going to interact with Rondo?
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I DON'T want Cousins.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 02:29:47 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I DON'T want Cousins.

How come? Strictly for the headcase issues or do you see somthing else?

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 02:31:49 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I DON'T want Cousins.

You don't want a walking double-double, and a potential star big man in the game?

Don't give me maturity issues, the Celtics locker room will keep him in check. Any chance we can get Cousins without giving up our core 3 (Pierce, KG, Rondo) is a steal for us.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 02:32:11 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I DON'T want Cousins.

Yeah cousins is the type of guy you enjoy watching from afar, but not on your team.

Seen a lot of him this year because he's in my fantasy team. Immensely talented offensively, but has a temper and just flat out lazy defensively. A waste of a talented basketball body with the wrong brain.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 02:33:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
I DON'T want Cousins.

How come? Strictly for the headcase issues or do you see somthing else?

There couldn't really be another reason. His head is the only thing preventing him from being the top C in the NBA. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I would be willing to take a chance on Jason Thompson in exchange for Brandon Bass.

Thompson might not cost as much too. With Robinson in their roster, i think the Kings would jump with a Bass or Wilcox deal as long as it involves draft pick/s. And I'd be willing to give a 1st for Jason Thompson.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
At what point does Sacto say "this mix of players suck, and we have to make drastic changes?"

They should have said it a couple of years ago.  I guess they had some hope that players like Isaish Thomas and Cousins would improve this season, but they've actually gotten worse.

Aaron Brooks was a nice pickup, but Thomas Robinson, the 5th pick, hasn't done much.  The team's going nowhere on the court, and probably somewhere as a franchise.

Besides, Evans, Cousins, and maybe Thompson, there's not a lot there.  I've always liked Aaron Brooks, who would be an excellent backup to Rondo, and is affordable at $3m.  Thornton can't find the rim this season (40/32% shooting).  Robinson isn't going to help the Cs this season. 

If the Kings were willing to take Jeff Green, I could support a Green, Barbosa, and a pick for Evans and Brooks. 

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I DON'T want Cousins.

Yeah cousins is the type of guy you enjoy watching from afar, but not on your team.

Seen a lot of him this year because he's in my fantasy team. Immensely talented offensively, but has a temper and just flat out lazy defensively. A waste of a talented basketball body with the wrong brain.
He's just as lazy offensively, just awful lazy basketball. Faces up and just random lazy moves before settling for jump shots often.

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I think the problem with any trade with Sacramento is the uncertainty of the team's future/ownership problems.

These rumors concerning the Kings' being potential trade partners are perennial, because no one has a clue about what that franchise's long-term plans/goals are.

I don't expect Sacramento to make any major deals. Maybe a cost-cutting move, or a rental of roster/cap space. Nothing big.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I would be willing to take a chance on Jason Thompson in exchange for Brandon Bass.

Thompson might not cost as much too. With Robinson in their roster, i think the Kings would jump with a Bass or Wilcox deal as long as it involves draft pick/s. And I'd be willing to give a 1st for Jason Thompson.

Im not sure how much of upgrade Jason would be over Bass. It sure would be nice to add another 6 11 forward to the starting line up though. Man that would be something.

My only problem is trading experience, for potential. Thompson has always been a good player on a terrible team. Bass has always been an experienced role player for good teams. I wonder if Thompson would have what it takes to fit in a winning system.

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 02:40:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

Im not sure how much of upgrade Jason would be over Bass. It sure would be nice to add another 6 11 forward to the starting line up though. Man that would be something.

My only problem is trading experience, for potential. Thompson has always been a good player on a terrible team. Bass has always been an experienced role player for good teams. I wonder if Thompson would have what it takes to fit in a winning system.

I would consider it more of a lateral move in the short term but one that nets you a guy with a big more upside in the long term.