Author Topic: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?  (Read 15669 times)

Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?
« on: December 11, 2012, 12:46:51 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
According to Sam Amico via twitter:

https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/277096794784165888

"Kings are very open to moving some of their nice young pieces. Willing trade partner with assets."

Aside from Cousins, is there anyone else we would want?

What would they want/need? What are their longterm/shorterm goals? That franchise is somewhat of an enigma to me.

Robinson, Evans, Jimmer don't seem to be positions of need for us.

Jason Thompson? I'd like that too!

Re: Kings wanna deal...Are we a match?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 12:50:18 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I would be willing to take a chance on Jason Thompson in exchange for Brandon Bass.

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I would be willing to take a chance on Jason Thompson in exchange for Brandon Bass.

Just saw your post after I edited. +1

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:53:44 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
According to Sam Amico via twitter:

https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/status/277096794784165888

"Kings are very open to moving some of their nice young pieces. Willing trade partner with assets."

Aside from Cousins, is there anyone else we would want?

What would they want/need? What are their longterm/shorterm goals? That franchise is somewhat of an enigma to me.

Robinson, Evans, Jimmer don't seem to be positions of need for us.

I'd love either Tyreke Evans (there isn't a guy in the league who screams 'If I was only in a better environment I'd be an all-star' more than Tyreke Evans to me, excepting maybe DeMarcus Cousins) or Boogie Cousins.

Cousins is (at least should be) out of reach for us. The Kings just invested heavily in an undersized 4, so I can't imagine Jared Sullinger is getting them all hot and bothered, and Jeff Green just isn't the guy who is gonna get them to move Boogie.

But Jeff Green might be a guy who can get them to move Tyreke Evans. Tyreke Evans could be the 6th man of the year for us. A combo 1/2/3 who plays 32 minutes a night between the 3, who is used with the intelligence and discipline to keep him in a role in the offense that consistently puts him in a place to succeed.

once that guy gets his confidence back, watchout world.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 12:56:03 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I expect they'd want to unload one of their ball-handling guards and get some wings who are a better fit.

This is the sort of deal I could see being workable, not that I think it's necessarily a good idea:

Bass + Green + Bradley

for

Evans + Thompson + Garcia

Danny supposedly loved Tyreke when he was coming out for the draft so who knows, I suppose he could pounce.  Would take Green continuing to play well for a while to get his value up a bit.

Maybe get them to take Lee instead of Bradley and throw in a 1st?  that would be much preferable.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
True or false: Tyreke Evans has the potential to become an elite wing defender in the NBA.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 01:01:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I don't think Rondo and Tyreke can co-exist. Each player is requires too much time on the ball to be at their best and both are limited as floor spacers.

I'd love to see Tyreke move to a better home but I don't think Boston is that home.

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 01:01:46 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
True.

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Tyreke Evans is a poor man's Monta Ellis.

Would love to see this Kings team get rid of Evans and Thornton, I think Cousins ans Robinson are a great foundation and it'd be great to see a team built around them.

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Cousins or NO DEAL. 

Here is where I'd be willingto part with some really good players.

If COusins can be that good with ZERO discipline and poor teamates.  Think what the Celtics team could do to straighten him out.

I like Cousins for alot of reasons. He is TUFF as nails and plays EAST coast ball on a West coast team.  He needs to be playing in the EAST.

Keeping KG , PP, and ROndo .... I could part with alot guys to bring in Cousins  ( WHILE KG IS HERE!!) to teach him and help him.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:17:11 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Would love to see this Kings team get rid of Evans and Thornton, I think Cousins ans Robinson are a great foundation and it'd be great to see a team built around them.

Pssssht. Draft's over pal. Nobody's buying.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 01:16:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Is this really true? I think the Kings have always viewed him as an Ellis type, and that might be part of the problem. Isn't he--or shouldn't he be viewed--more like a poor man's Iguodala?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
Tyreke Evans would be great.

Cousins ... I think I will pass on him. I think he is extremely overrated to begin with (is there anyone that turns the ball over as much and as stupidly as him?) and he is a TERRIBLE shooter. Everyone gets hot and bothered that he scores so many points, without realizing how many shots he is jacking up to do so. He really is NOT a good scorer (42% is a criminally low shooting percentage for a big man). I do admit his rebounding is sorely needed, and he isn't a slouch defensively ... but unless he can be coached better on offense I don't want him. His history shows him to be such a headcase I don't trust him to be able to learn not to play like an idiot. Maybe, though ... but Cousins is a project NOT a win-now proposition. He has to change his game too much to be a meaningful contributor in our system, IMO.

Evans or Thompson seem like they will work better for THIS season. If we are talking about a project, I think Cousins is intriguing, but by no means the sure-fire star some people seem to believe he is.

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 01:20:57 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Pssssht. Draft's over pal. Nobody's buying.

Why? Because Tyreke Evans has shown such a willingness to defer since Summer? Guys got the worst basketball IQ in the league. 

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey

Is this really true? I think the Kings have always viewed him as an Ellis type, and that might be part of the problem. Isn't he--or shouldn't he be viewed--more like a poor man's Iguodala?

I just have a problem with how dumb the guy seems on the court. Maybe I've just caught some of his bad games, but some of the passes he misses is mind boggling.