Author Topic: Is PHX the worst run team in the NBA?  (Read 7551 times)

Re: Is PHX the worst run team in the NBA?
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I feel like folks talked the same way about Jamal Crawford for a long while.
He does? My first reaction when I hear Jamaal Crawford is "Ricky Davis v.2" (a.k.a a ball hog that never met a shot he didn't like).

That's a fair description of Crawford -- doesn't make him dim. That's also a fair description of Beasley, I'd say. He just strikes me as lost. 

Ricky is a guy who did improve his team play in green, even if marginally. If Beasley could take the limited steps forward Ricky did, he'd be a far more palatable player.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 11:31:37 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He does? My first reaction when I hear Jamaal Crawford is "Ricky Davis v.2" (a.k.a a ball hog that never met a shot he didn't like).

That's a fair description of Crawford -- doesn't make him dim. That's also a fair description of Beasley, I'd say. He just strikes me as lost. 

Ricky is a guy who did improve his team play in green, even if marginally. If Beasley could take the limited steps forward Ricky did, he'd be a far more palatable player.
I thought Davis was great when his head was screwed right. Unfortunately it didn't last long. That's a pity, because he could have been a great sixth man for us for many years.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 11:47:44 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

I thought Davis was great when his head was screwed right. Unfortunately it didn't last long. That's a pity, because he could have been a great sixth man for us for many years.

Yep -- Ricky learned that he could defend when he put the effort in. Beasley with his athleticism and size should be a capable defender at the 4. Dare I say Minny and Phoenix is not the right place to learn to do so.

One other note about recent PHX folly: the way Kendell Marhsall is playing in the d-league, he may be out of the NBA by season's end. He's terrible.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)