Author Topic: A big step in the right direction for the trade everyone threads  (Read 5541 times)

Re: A big step in the right direction for the trade everyone threads
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 05:58:38 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Just don't trade Avery or Sullinger
DKC Suns

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 06:07:05 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Just don't trade Avery or Sullinger
I'll trade them in a heartbeat if the right deal comes around; they are great trade bait with "tremendous upside potential" a-la Al Jefferson.

Sadly, the right deal is a well-rounded big man who can start for us for ~10 seasons. Fat chance that's going to happen.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 08:34:51 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Sullinger = Love 2.0

Do not trade him please.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
When Avery Bradley was healthy and our starting SG last season, we had a 70% winning percentage, were the best team in the league (including Miami), and were playing historically good defense.

When he comes back, I expect similar results.  Until then, just stay around .500 and don't get hurt.

AB is right behind KG as my favorite Celtic.   I'm super excited about his return... old school basketball.

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I am glad they are playing better, but I still want them to make a move when they can to improve the big man rotation on this team. 

The reason is still the same, Celtics are not getting past a healthy Heats team if they have to play small against them.

I endorse this post 100 percent.

The thing is; To expose the heat's weakness inside you need a good, mobile energy big that does lots of rebounding on both ends. The only guy that fits that mold and is apparently open to offers is varejao and that is just about it.

There is no point in trading young assets for a middle of the road big like gortat just to have him exposed by the heat's smallball anyway. May aswell keep the young-uns.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2012, 11:24:06 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am glad they are playing better, but I still want them to make a move when they can to improve the big man rotation on this team. 

The reason is still the same, Celtics are not getting past a healthy Heats team if they have to play small against them.

The thing is; To expose the heat's weakness inside you need a good, mobile energy big that does lots of rebounding on both ends. The only guy that fits that mold and is apparently open to offers is varejao and that is just about it.

There is no point in trading young assets for a middle of the road big like gortat just to have him exposed by the heat's smallball anyway. May aswell keep the young-uns.

Completely disagree.  Gortat would also make a difference improving the Celtics chance. 

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2012, 06:01:26 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Completely disagree.  Gortat would also make a difference improving the Celtics chance.

This isn't about improving the Celtics chance. This is about giving the Celtics a REALLY good shot. Sure you can trade away the rookies for Gortat and the team gets better. Good enough to beat the heat in a 7 game series though?

Sullinger could very well be an elite rebounder in this league. Avery is already an elite defender. Its got to be worth the gamble.

This isn't even bringing to light that Gortat is completely unproven in playoffs basketball.

Varejao on the other hand is one of those super high energy guys that have proven to give the heat fits over the past couple of seasons. A perfect candidate to give the Celtics a real shot at it.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 08:59:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

This isn't about improving the Celtics chance. This is about giving the Celtics a REALLY good shot. Sure you can trade away the rookies for Gortat and the team gets better. Good enough to beat the heat in a 7 game series though?

Sullinger could very well be an elite rebounder in this league. Avery is already an elite defender. Its got to be worth the gamble.

This isn't even bringing to light that Gortat is completely unproven in playoffs basketball.

Varejao on the other hand is one of those super high energy guys that have proven to give the heat fits over the past couple of seasons. A perfect candidate to give the Celtics a real shot at it.

This is about maximizing the Celtics chance the best way the team can. 

While trade for Sideshow is probably the best move for the Celtics doesn't mean it is a move they will be able to close or it is the only move they think about doing.

Adding Gortat improves the big men by adding another starting level C.

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I won't suggest specific trades here because it's not the place but I want to say that I am 100% in favor of moving Sullinger. I'm also in favor of moving Bass and Lee if we can get reasonable value for them.

There aren't very many teams historically that have won without a superstar and while I can make a pretty good argument for Rondo I certainly don't think he can carry a team by himself after PP/KG retire. That is why win-now makes sense. I like Bradley a lot although he's undersized. Aside from Rondo/Bradley I'm ready to move anyone to make this team better this year.

Next offseason we can make plays for Tyreke Evans/Josh Smith/Paul Millsap as FAs or even a bigger fish like Howard or Paul. We have all kinds of options next year. Who knows what will happen with Pierce's contract. If by selling the future we can land a player who helps us win this year I am 110% for it. I've seen Gasol/Smith/Millsap/Jefferson/Gortat/Varejao threads so far and I'm interested in all of them. The common thread is getting a big guy but really I'm not against getting a dominant wing player either. The important part is that we take our resources and win now.

If we can use Sully or Green or Lee or Bass to snare a talented big man then I say pack their bags. I'd even move Pierce or Terry if I thought it made our team better (I don't). Win now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 09:39:35 AM by nostar »