Author Topic: Ryan Gomes' charity helps save a Utah State player's life.  (Read 1191 times)

Ryan Gomes' charity helps save a Utah State player's life.
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I've always been a big Ryan Gomes fan, and not only because I'm from Providence and a big Celtics fan.  I like pro athletes who are hard workers with high character.  Gomes was amnestied by the Clips and is currently playing in Germany.

When he was younger, Ryan saw a teammate go into cardiac arrest on the court and perish.  So after establishing himself in the NBA, Gomes worked with a charity called Hoops for Heath Health, which provides money and making public appearances to raise money and awareness for the group, donating defibrillators to teams and recreational centers around the country.  A defibrillator directly donated by Gomes was used to save the life of a Utah State player.

At a time where we have to hear about pro athletes committing murder/suicides and getting involved in fatal car accidents, it affirming to read something like this. 

Hopefully, we will see Ryan Gomes back in the NBA some day. 

http://nesn.com/2012/12/ryan-gomes-helped-save-danny-bergers-life-after-utah-state-basketball-player-suffered-cardiac-arrest/ 

Re: Ryan Gomes' charity helps save a Utah State player's life.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 07:28:11 PM »

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
Wow that's awesome. I always liked Gomes when he was a Celtics and even when he left. When he was on the Clippers last year I met him and got his autograph, He's a cool dude and I hope he makes it back to the NBA one day.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:02:12 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Loved Gomes when he was here.  Food young solid player who was of good character.  Know who reminds me of him? Sully
Hope Ryan can make it back to nba .  If he was only 6'9" !

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Ryan Gomes knows mode basketball than half the players in NBA benches  fact
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 09:27:37 PM »

Kiorrik

Good job, TOT. TP.