Author Topic: Celtics/Bucks Trade Proposal  (Read 3731 times)

Celtics/Bucks Trade Proposal
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »

Offline FearTheBeard

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 5
Not a blockbuster, but I think this trade could really help out the C's

My Proposal

Celtics Trade
Brandon Bass
Jason Collins
Fab Melo
2nd round pick

Bucks Trade
Samuel Dalembert
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
Marquis Daniels

Milwaukee is looking to deal Dalembert as they can't find a role for him. Dally isn't the defensive stud he's known as  a few years back but his rebounding and blocking rate is still top notch. He was top 10 last  year in blocking% (6th), and total  rebounding %  (9th) He's no worse than Perkins offensively (I'd say better because he can give you the putback on the O glass) and he's only signed through this year,

Moute has 3 years and 14 mil left on his deal and Milwaukee has a bunch of forwards in Dunleavy, Henson, Harris, Sanders, Udoh, Illy etc. Moute's known for being a hard nosed defender with decent offensive skills. A situational lineup of Rondo/Avery/Moute/KG/Dally is the best defensive lineup in the league.

Quis is just a salary fill in and is the only one worth picking up since he has connections with the celtics. he's playing very well so far too.

Thoughts? Tough to part with Bass since you know he plays hard and gives you all he has but the Celtics improve their rebounding and defense with this move. Collins is trash adn Milwaukee needs someone worthwhile a 15th man (Gooden is in that role right now). Melo gives Milwaukee a legit center prospect, Sanders/Udoh and the rest are true PF's.

Thoughts?

Re: Celtics/Bucks Trade Proposal
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 11:57:01 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I like the deal for the Celtics.  Dalembert fills an obvious need, and I like Mbah a Moute as a role player.

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 12:53:17 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
better do something..need someone to rebound!!!!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I've been trying to drive the Sammy bus here for awhile. I think he'd be a great fit on this team and is just what they need. This team doesn't need a blockbuster IMO. The only problem with your trade is that the Bucks likely won't want Bass as they are stacked at foward. Also, I'm very hesitant to include melo in any deal as we have not even seen him play
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 01:04:52 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
1. If Milwaukee has too many forwards, why would they want to make a trade in which the best player they get back is also a forward, who's worse than the one they are giving up and signed for more money?

2. Bass cannot be traded until January 15th.

3. Salaries do not work even when Bass is trade eligible.

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 01:14:58 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Don't see the incentive for Milwaukee.  Why Bass when Ilyasova's still in the fold?

I wonder if they'd be interested in a Lee for Dally swap.  On paper, Lee's a better 3rd guard than Udrih or Daniels, and a nice off-ball guy to sandwich between Monta and Brandon. 
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 09:30:46 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
Not bagging on this trade - I like the concept. But who plays Center for the Bucks? Larry Sanders?

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If Milwaukee has too many forwards, why would they want to make a trade in which the best player they get back is also a forward, who's worse than the one they are giving up and signed for more money?

this.  Milwaukee comes out worse on this deal.  no way they do it

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 09:44:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I think I like it. Id hate to loose Bass without getting a big fish but I love Mbah Mounte and Dalembert would fit nicely in the middle for us. I dont think Bass would do it for the Bucks however. They loose some key players at positions that they dont refill but this trade.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I've posted a lot of Bucks trade ideas here to get a C from them.

In this case, Bucks say no. They trade two skilled players who would be easy to trade on their own for a PF (of which they have too many) and a project C (of which they have too many).

If they wanted a not-too-bright veteran to come in and put up some shots and inconsistent numbers at the 4, they'd simply look to their bench and call Gooden's number.

You'd be better of trading them Lee, but I still doubt they'd consider it.

Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
If they wanted a not-too-bright veteran to come in and put up some shots and inconsistent numbers at the 4, they'd simply look to their bench and call Gooden's number.
I don't think that's a great description of Bass, who is very solid. But I agree with your overall point.

The main problem the C's have is no good C behind KG. I'm not sold on Dalembert as the answer there, but he's probably worth pursuing.

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I don't think that's a great description of Bass, who is very solid. But I agree with your overall point.

The main problem the C's have is no good C behind KG. I'm not sold on Dalembert as the answer there, but he's probably worth pursuing.

I am. On a contender Delambert would be arguably the best back-up 5 in the NBA. He'll be in high demand at the trading deadline. If the Cs could get him they'd jump for joy, considering there's virtually never a hand in an opponent's face when they get to the paint.

I like Bass, but i think he's overrated on this board. He might be valuable to a certain type of team. But Milwaukee needs him like they need a hole in the head.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 01:10:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
because I am bored at lunch, how about this elaborate 4 team trade that will never happen, but is fun to do on a message board.

Bucks get - Pekovic
Wolves get - Gasol, Melo
Lakers get - Bass, Lee, Williams, Barea
Celtics get - Dalembert, Roy, Mbah a Moute
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip