Author Topic: Melo,Sully,and Lee Fair price for Gortat?  (Read 6235 times)

Re: Melo,Sully,and Lee Fair price for Gortat?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Well, Gortat's stock is currently sinking at an alarming rate.

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 09:49:23 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
No way any GM in his right mind would give up sully or Bradley for Gortat.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 09:51:59 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Neither Sullinger or Fab Melo have proved enough to warrant parting with an above average starting big man like Marcin Gortat.

Nowhere near enough for Phoenix to agree to (at this point).

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 10:29:06 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
No....Not for Gortat, but I am willing to give Sully away in a package for Big Al, He is the beast that will compliment KG very much, their skillsets will match perfectly and he has Celtic blood.

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 10:38:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Well, Gortat's stock is currently sinking at an alarming rate.

Its all his own fault...he asked to be under the mircoscope, and now the feedback is hitting home.

He would be a super nice asset for several teams , but he NOT a sure thing to win anyone a banner by a LONG shot.

Sullinger ALONE will be worth more than Gortat by the end of next season ,  if not this one.

AB and Sully need to stay home with Poppa Doc Rivers. :)

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 12:13:16 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Anyone else think Gortat would love it here?

He was the happiest center in the world getting his feeds from Nash. Rondo can make it just as easy on him.

I'd do that trade if the Suns would take it.

Oh and for everyone who thinks GMs want Bradley, I think Sully's trade value is quite a bit higher than Bradley right now. With every game Sully is proving he has the potential to be a starting PF in the NBA. Bradley's been out for months with an injury.

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 02:54:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Don't know...I'd love Gortat...there is a need for him, here. But I spent yesterday afternoon looking at a replay of our glorious win over OKC, and Sully's play in that game reminded me that he is indeed special.

Some of the plays he made...the spots he placed himself in to make those plays...his skill level ALREADY - you don't find that very often.

We may very well have our rebounding help right here in BOS. The kid pulled down nine last night vs PHI.

He may not be as good as Bass defensively RIGHT NOW, but he's learning. I watched him tie up 7'3" Hasheem Thabeet in the post in that game...he's a smart player. Much of his perceived limitations defensively and athletically will definitely be negated with his basketball IQ.

Basketball is a mental sport, and Sully is already nearing professor level, IMO.

I'm sure that if Danny chooses to trade him, he'd be doing it for a need. But I'd hope he gets fair market value for him. He's worth it. He will definitely be starting on SOMEONE's roster sooner than later, and I'd hope it's ours.
I love Sully he is getting better and better each game, like Tommy was saying over the broadcast by the end of the year he's going to be really good.
I agree Sully is solid, but I wouldn't call him special.  He's a nice backup big who could eventually spend some time as a starter... like Bass, Glen Davis and several other bigs around the league.  He's probably a top 10 rookie (statistically he's 10th).  I like him, but I wouldn't pass up a major upgrade on some dream of Sully becoming a star.

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 03:57:02 PM »

Offline Celticfankb

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 17
My question to those who want Gortat is why? We have a center. We don't need a starting center. KG is not a 4 in the current NBA. The league has changed. Lebron and Carmelo are now playing the 4. You can't start Gortat and KG. Neither can guard the new 4 spot for 30/40 mins a night.
KB

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 04:37:56 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
They would want Bradley.

I have a feeling that Bradley is vastly overvalued on this board compared to how other GMs view him.
This. Weird thing where celtics value the potential and chance he gets really good, but other teams likely to see injury prone tweener.

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 04:52:30 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
They would want Bradley.

I have a feeling that Bradley is vastly overvalued on this board compared to how other GMs view him.
This. Weird thing where celtics value the potential and chance he gets really good, but other teams likely to see injury prone tweener.

Just wait -- he'll be vastly undervalued soon enough.

He's likely to need some time to adjust and probably will have  a stretch of bad games when he comes back. I predict it will take 2 games (maybe 1) for there to be threads about AB being overated or trade Bradley threads. 

I think Bradley will be very valuable to this team, but it will take time for him to get his offensve game back to any semblance of where it was.  Remember how he looked at the beginning of last year -- I expect him to be rusty and out of synch for a while.

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
My question to those who want Gortat is why? We have a center. We don't need a starting center. KG is not a 4 in the current NBA. The league has changed. Lebron and Carmelo are now playing the 4. You can't start Gortat and KG. Neither can guard the new 4 spot for 30/40 mins a night.
You could either start them both and stay on KG's quick rest schedule. Or you could play Gortat off the bench for KG. In either case you'd have some overlap, but with KG playing 29 MPG and Gortat playing 31 MPG, you only have 12 MPG where there is an overlap - I don't see that as a huge risk, and it gives you the option to be even further conservative with KGs minutes.

Then you have Bass/Wilcox/Green splitting the rest of the 36 MPG at PF. Something like Bass as the starter, Wilcox as the fourth big, and Green in small ball lineups makes sense. I think that's a superior rotation than what they have now, where Wilcox is the primary option at C behind KG, Sully & Bass are platooning, and Green is taking the small ball minutes.

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 04:57:07 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
They would want Bradley.

I'm somewhere in the middle there.  I think maybe he ends up being really good, but more likely he ends up a rich man's Marcus Banks.  He's unquestionably overvalued on this forum.  I don't think you could trade Bradley straight up for a lotto pick at this point in his career. 

Still... maybe he ends up being really good.

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2012, 05:28:07 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The fact that Doc is playing Sully good minutes and getting what you need out of a back up is saying some thing.

He'll be more valuable in a couple years if he keeps improving like he has in this short season, then decide if he's some one you want on the team or in a trade package for some thing else.

I'd move Lee,Bass,Melo for Smith, and then try to pick up a swing SG/SF later on just in case Bradley or Terry don't hold up.

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2012, 05:32:55 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
you arent moving KG back to Powerforward since he isnt as effective there anymore...he is a Center at this stage just like Tim duncan is.

so if you acquire gortat it is simply to take wilcox's role playing backup center for 15-20minutes a night.

im not sure he is "the difference" or that much of an upgrade from the talent we would be shipping out to get him

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2012, 06:50:45 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
you arent moving KG back to Powerforward since he isnt as effective there anymore...he is a Center at this stage just like Tim duncan is.

so if you acquire gortat it is simply to take wilcox's role playing backup center for 15-20minutes a night.

im not sure he is "the difference" or that much of an upgrade from the talent we would be shipping out to get him

Gortat gives the C's a legit low post presence. I love KG but he gets the majority of his points 16-20 feet away from the basket anyways. A guy like Gortat would also help shore up the defense and help on the boards. Those being the most important things in getting him.

If it took trading Bradley to get him you do it. After all aren't the C's in win now mode? This is probably the last true season this core has at winning a title.