Author Topic: Melo,Sully,and Lee Fair price for Gortat?  (Read 6268 times)

Melo,Sully,and Lee Fair price for Gortat?
« on: December 08, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Would we have to give up a first as well. Are we getting hosed with that trade. What's fair for Marcin Gortat.

Re: Melo,Sully,and Lee Fair price for Gortat?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Melo is a mediocre dev league guy.  Sully has some bright parts and Lee  is a proven NBA player who is underperforming.   I don't think they take this package.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 08:42:16 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I wouldn't give up anymore than that.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
They would want Bradley.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 09:05:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
They would want Bradley.

I have a feeling that Bradley is vastly overvalued on this board compared to how other GMs view him.

He has an injury history which makes him a risk and a small sample size of performance, albeit impressive.

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 09:07:57 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
No thanks..giving away too much youth
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
with the game Sully's having tonight, I'd be hesitant to ship him out.  would serious consider moving Bass instead

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:57:13 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
with the game Sully's having tonight, I'd be hesitant to ship him out.  would serious consider moving Bass instead

Neither Phoenix nor Cle (Verajao)want Bass. He doesn't fit into their plans. We could get a 3rd team involved and trade Bass for an expiring which would be attractive for them.

Only Atlanta {Smith) MIGHT accept Bass in a package with perhaps Lee, 2 of our youngs and a 1st.

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 03:23:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Bass can't be moved until Jan 15th.  I was just watching these highlights of Gortat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=252Ze6ZDnEs

I think he'd fit in really well here.  You'd start him at C, move KG to his natural PF position and have Bass come off the bench.  With Bradley coming back soon, it makes the most sense to offer Lee, Melo, Sully and Picks.  We could get it done a week from now.

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 03:50:53 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Don't know...I'd love Gortat...there is a need for him, here. But I spent yesterday afternoon looking at a replay of our glorious win over OKC, and Sully's play in that game reminded me that he is indeed special.

Some of the plays he made...the spots he placed himself in to make those plays...his skill level ALREADY - you don't find that very often.

We may very well have our rebounding help right here in BOS. The kid pulled down nine last night vs PHI.

He may not be as good as Bass defensively RIGHT NOW, but he's learning. I watched him tie up 7'3" Hasheem Thabeet in the post in that game...he's a smart player. Much of his perceived limitations defensively and athletically will definitely be negated with his basketball IQ.

Basketball is a mental sport, and Sully is already nearing professor level, IMO.

I'm sure that if Danny chooses to trade him, he'd be doing it for a need. But I'd hope he gets fair market value for him. He's worth it. He will definitely be starting on SOMEONE's roster sooner than later, and I'd hope it's ours.

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 06:19:00 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
They would want Bradley.

I have a feeling that Bradley is vastly overvalued on this board compared to how other GMs view him.

He has an injury history which makes him a risk and a small sample size of performance, albeit impressive.

What risk is there when you are going for a guy who's 21 years old, who's one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, and who is on a short $2M/2Y contract?

Even if he bumbs out totally and doesn't play a game, all you lose is $2M a year for this season and next.  If he is healthy he is a game changer.

There is practicall zero risk in that kid, which is why I don't want to trade him!

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 06:35:46 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Don't know...I'd love Gortat...there is a need for him, here. But I spent yesterday afternoon looking at a replay of our glorious win over OKC, and Sully's play in that game reminded me that he is indeed special.

Some of the plays he made...the spots he placed himself in to make those plays...his skill level ALREADY - you don't find that very often.

We may very well have our rebounding help right here in BOS. The kid pulled down nine last night vs PHI.

He may not be as good as Bass defensively RIGHT NOW, but he's learning. I watched him tie up 7'3" Hasheem Thabeet in the post in that game...he's a smart player. Much of his perceived limitations defensively and athletically will definitely be negated with his basketball IQ.

Basketball is a mental sport, and Sully is already nearing professor level, IMO.

I'm sure that if Danny chooses to trade him, he'd be doing it for a need. But I'd hope he gets fair market value for him. He's worth it. He will definitely be starting on SOMEONE's roster sooner than later, and I'd hope it's ours.
I love Sully he is getting better and better each game, like Tommy was saying over the broadcast by the end of the year he's going to be really good.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 07:15:18 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Per 36

Jared sullinger (Rookie on a cheap deal with HUUUUUGE potential for improvement)
10 points, 10 rebounds

Marcin gortat (8 million bucks, large nose)
13 points, 9 rebounds

So why are we doing this again??

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 07:32:28 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Sully is doing fine for a rookie, making a rookie salary , early in his first season plus you know Doc grins like a fat cat knowing how lucky they were to land him.  I'm just not seeing Sully or AB as part of a trade for Gortat ake. Mr Potatoe head. 

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 08:58:45 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
DO NOT trade Sully or AB for Gortat.  NO.