Author Topic: Am I the only one thinking Green should start over Bass?  (Read 2576 times)

Am I the only one thinking Green should start over Bass?
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:52:59 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Is this a crazy thought? I honestly think Green would produce better with the starters and his rebounding I believe is equal to Bass at least and I would even say he's just as good a defender on bigs.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: Am I the only one thinking Green should start over Bass?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I like Bass starting because he is more of a traditional PF than green(who is more of a SF)

BUT I think Green needs to play more minutes than him....and needs to play with the starters to close out the game

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I would rather have Sully starting than Bass. Bass is a weak defensive player, so we do not lose much there. Sully is a far better rebounder than Bass so we gain a ton there. I am hoping by the all star break, Bass is playing somewhere else. He is pretty much as one-dimension as they come.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I would rather have Sully starting than Bass. Bass is a weak defensive player, so we do not lose much there. Sully is a far better rebounder than Bass so we gain a ton there. I am hoping by the all star break, Bass is playing somewhere else. He is pretty much as one-dimension as they come.

Interestingly enough it's his offense with our starters that I have a bigger problem with.

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 11:58:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
No ...over Pierce ,  Green sucks at the 4 .  He is a dominating small forward , he can't deal with the huge fours.  Green seems comfortable at the three.

Green, KG and BASS or / Sully is what I want to see.  Pierce is shooting horrible and turning the ball over faster than the team can cope with.  He needs to SIT and think about his play .or lack there of. :-[

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 12:24:30 PM »

Offline BMark3

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 1
Green looked good rebounding the ball in traffic last night. Doc has talked about situational starters, and Green would match up far better against Thaddeus Young than Bass does. 

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I don't want green at the 4, for the reasons already put forth that he is a much better 3.

What I do want is sully over bass.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I don't want green at the 4, for the reasons already put forth that he is a much better 3.

What I do want is sully over bass.

if sully continues to improve at the rate he is, I expect him to be starting by the All-star break.

already, I feel like hes on a similar level to bass...he can shoot, he can rebound...his defense is improving. given the minutes he could probably be a 10ppg/8rpg player THIS year..watching him pull down rebounds in traffic is a thing of beauty
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:45:47 PM by cman88 »

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 12:51:34 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
No ...over Pierce ,  Green sucks at the 4 .  He is a dominating small forward , he can't deal with the huge fours.  Green seems comfortable at the three.

Green, KG and BASS or / Sully is what I want to see.  Pierce is shooting horrible and turning the ball over faster than the team can cope with.  He needs to SIT and think about his play .or lack there of. :-[

No day doc benches pierce. Pierce would have to get hurt first. Kind of similar of what happend with ray allen and avery bradley last year.

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Start Bass. End with Green in the fourth.

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Not just you.

I like Green starting. Move Paul to 2 guard (yes I know he doesn't have the speed but he's a physical mismatch against some of them), and bring a Center (even Wilcox) and move KG back to the 4. We would still be capable offensively and we should be big enough to bring difficulties to anyone driving to the lane.

I like Jet and Bass' energy off the bench. We need someone who can provide a spark coming as a 6th and 7th man. Their scoring, along with the starters' production for me will give a constant scoring threat.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2012, 01:49:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not just you.

I like Green starting. Move Paul to 2 guard (yes I know he doesn't have the speed but he's a physical mismatch against some of them), and bring a Center (even Wilcox) and move KG back to the 4. We would still be capable offensively and we should be big enough to bring difficulties to anyone driving to the lane.

I like Jet and Bass' energy off the bench. We need someone who can provide a spark coming as a 6th and 7th man. Their scoring, along with the starters' production for me will give a constant scoring threat.

I do like Jet coming off the bench and I think we miss that spark. I like Green getting big minutes but he cant play the four especially when he cant post up against other threes or even other twos. I would be ok with trying a starting line of

Rondo
Pierce
Green
Bass
KG with Terry, Wilcox, Lee the first three coming off the bench.

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 01:49:54 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Not just you.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of starting Jeff Green and Paul Pierce together at the two and three.  I don't really care which one you call the shooting guard and which one you call the small forward.  They can switch back and forth as to who they guard. 

On the other hand, I liked Green at the four last night against a team like the Sixers who likes to go small. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Not just you.

I'm starting to warm up to the idea of starting Jeff Green and Paul Pierce together at the two and three.  I don't really care which one you call the shooting guard and which one you call the small forward.  They can switch back and forth as to who they guard. 

On the other hand, I liked Green at the four last night against a team like the Sixers who likes to go small.

When Bradley returns what happens to your lineup?

My hope is to stary Sully instead of Bass.

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Not just you.

When Bradley returns what happens to your lineup?

My hope is to stary Sully instead of Bass.

Good point.  When Avery returns, I think he should be the starting two guard. 

I guess I'd be happy with Green getting close to twenty minutes a night as a back up small forward plus some minutes at both the two and the four on given nights depending on match ups. 

As to Sully or Bass starting, I really don't care either way.  What you gain in rebounding and post scoring in Sully you lose in defense and athleticism with Bass.  I prefer Bass in the starting lineup right now, but I like the way that Doc has been getting consistent to the rookie. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson