Author Topic: I'm actually satisfied with our current record.  (Read 2237 times)

Re: I'm actually satisfied with our current record.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 12:51:32 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I just think our record right now is a mix of things...we started off with guys(green, lee) not knowing their roles and stinking it up.

and the team missing TONS of defensive rotations. but the defense seems to be improving rapidly and guys seem to be getting comfortable in what their roles should be on this team.

the only concern I have is sloppy turnovers...if you can hold a team to 37% shooting like the C's did you have a solid chance to win...but you CANT turn over the ball 20times for 19points!! if Rondo/Pierce take better care of the ball we win this game handily

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Good post, sir
DKC Suns

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 01:01:19 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
yeah i dig it. good post. tp

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
This team is not a .500 ball club.

It's just playing like one.

We all know Rondo is the now the face of the franchise but this team goes only as far as KG and PP take them.

Rondo is a special talent but he can't score in crunch time, misses free throws, and lets his man blow by him way too often (gambles on defense).

KG and PP need to play better...at All-Star levels or this team is going to have to rely on it's bench a whole lot more and I think it's a good bench but it might be too deep and no one getting consistent minutes.

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 02:00:51 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
free joseph, cut collins, bench bass. ;D

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
.but you CANT turn over the ball 20times for 19points!! if Rondo/Pierce take better care of the ball we win this game handily

. TP!!!  Sloppy play handling and passing the ball., turn overs are killing the Celtics runs .

Can't say I'm satisied, tortured more like it, but the record is what I predicted .500 ball though Xmas.

SLow I'm seeing better individual efforts from some guys starting to show up ( Green , Jet and Sully) .  Some defense team improvment (slight) , slightly better board effort ( from horrible to only poor now) .

The "TEAM" concept is painfully showing positive signs, little by little.

with 10 new players added knew it would take some time.

The losses are now just by a couple points,  not blowouts .  So the team is playing better as a TEAM to prevent blowout, guys steping up at the right time ect.

Alot is riding on how Jeff Green, Lee, Avery Bradley and Sully turn out by the time playoff come around.

Hope DA/Doc know what their doing.. ;D   
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:50:07 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 04:16:24 PM »

Offline CantBeRight

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • Not 1...not 2...not 3...not 4...BUT 17
If Doc is satisfied I'm satisfied.
Celtics fan in Houston.

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 05:21:37 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I am not satisfied with our current record. I think there are some key elements of this team missing at this point.

1. Courtney Lee - where is he?
2. Jared Sullenger - He is still trying to find his way.
3. Over-reliance on KG-PP-RR.
4. Doc Rivers game time management decisions.
5. Jason Terry has not had an effect.
6. Avery Bradley has not walked through that door yet.

There are other things but I don't think a trade is the right solution for this team. Maybe an idea will come to my head as I traverse along 33rd Avenue.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 05:39:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I wouldn't say I am satisfied, but I think there is no reason to panic.  There is no reasonable way to transform this team into one of the favorites to win the title this season, but this team hasn't played in a way where you can say they have no chance if they continue on their current trajectory.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I am not satisfied with our current record. I think there are some key elements of this team missing at this point.

1. Courtney Lee - where is he?
2. Jared Sullenger - He is still trying to find his way.
3. Over-reliance on KG-PP-RR.
4. Doc Rivers game time management decisions.
5. Jason Terry has not had an effect.
6. Avery Bradley has not walked through that door yet.

There are other things but I don't think a trade is the right solution for this team. Maybe an idea will come to my head as I traverse along 33rd Avenue.
1.No idea. He seems to do better when Rondo isn't playing.
2.Sullinger actually looks like he's starting to carve out a role for himself. He is a rookie adjusting to the game and helps out where the Celtics need it: Rebounding. He's not scoring a ton but that's because the Celtics have other options off their bench.
3.KGs averaging 29 minutes a game. That to me is the opposite of over-reliance. The other two however, of course. I don't get why Doc isn't playing Green more instead of Pierce now that he's finding himself. I do wonder if Rondo's minutes go down a tad when Bradley returns
4.Definitely true. Course I think he's still trying to find which guys go where for what teams.
5.Definitely not true. JET has played very well but was just off last night. Those games happen. He's come through for the C's in the clutch too (Like the OKC game). Not sure what you're expectations are for him to "have an effect" in your eyes. Consider the fact that he's not currently playing in the role he was supposed to be in when he signed on.
6.Yeah.

What I thought was positive that no one's brought up is the chemistry between Lee and Terry. Those guys look like they know how to play together and will work well when they come off the bench. That's one issue solved because of Bradley's presence. Bradley doesn't solve everything but he does help make life easier on the D.