Author Topic: Time to give up the rock, Kobe.  (Read 6022 times)

Re: Time to give up the rock, Kobe.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
When I'm feeling bummed about a Celtics loss....I visit the Lakers forums for a read.  Wow ... the Lakers fan are far more critical on the whole than Celtics. We are practically loving and forgiving compared to LA fans.  ;D

ANyone down on the C's read a few Lakers threads, its really funny stuff.  All those Hall of Fame players, and superstars and still they are not satisfied.

They hate every would be Lakers  coach except old wierdo Phil, their idol.  Only Phil can lead them to the promised land.  ;D  They want Kobe to score 40 points a game and play Bradley lockdown defense EVERY GAME.   You would think Gasol is worse than our COllins , that he is total trash and would trade him for anybody just to get him off the team.

LA fans and CLipper fans on the same threads having at it....just really funny stuff.

I watched Utah pound LA last night , guys calling the game , made me sick they were so LA biased...I just turned the sound off and enjoyed the whipping....and watching Jack Nickelson look like he was tripping on acid.

When things don't get better they'll start talking about how they need to get lebron when he's a free agent.  Of course that will come after they get exhausted talking about trading gasol for him.

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 04:19:41 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I've always said that the difference between Jordan and Kobe is that Jordan wanted to win and from that winning, came greatness.  Kobe wants to be great and so he's always worried about something other than just winning.  That's why, as bad as Jordan could be to get along with, his teammates always responded to him because at least they could all have winning in common.  Kobe's teammates, however, know that he barely even regards them as people.  They're just tools that exist to further his greatness.

Mike

Well put.  For Kobe, championships are not about team or franchise but another personal number.

He is very talented but if you were giving me the chance to pick any player in NBA history to start a franchise he'd be pretty far down my list, despite the numbers, rings, etc.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 05:15:58 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I've always said that the difference between Jordan and Kobe is that Jordan wanted to win and from that winning, came greatness.  Kobe wants to be great and so he's always worried about something other than just winning.  That's why, as bad as Jordan could be to get along with, his teammates always responded to him because at least they could all have winning in common.  Kobe's teammates, however, know that he barely even regards them as people.  They're just tools that exist to further his greatness.

Mike

I think it's even simpler. Jordan wanted to win. Kobe wanted to be Jordan. It's like he watched one of those "Be like Mike" commercials when he was 4 and took it just a little too literally.

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28

Mike

I think it's even simpler. Jordan wanted to win. Kobe wanted to be Jordan. It's like he watched one of those "Be like Mike" commercials when he was 4 and took it just a little too literally.
To be fair... who better to emulate?

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Bird or Magic would have been better
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2012, 08:52:36 PM »

Offline Chelm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 28
Do you have Bird or Magic atop Jordan on your "best player ever" list?

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
When I'm feeling bummed about a Celtics loss....I visit the Lakers forums for a read.  Wow ... the Lakers fan are far more critical on the whole than Celtics. We are practically loving and forgiving compared to LA fans.  ;D

ANyone down on the C's read a few Lakers threads, its really funny stuff.  All those Hall of Fame players, and superstars and still they are not satisfied.

They hate every would be Lakers  coach except old wierdo Phil, their idol.  Only Phil can lead them to the promised land.  ;D  They want Kobe to score 40 points a game and play Bradley lockdown defense EVERY GAME.   You would think Gasol is worse than our COllins , that he is total trash and would trade him for anybody just to get him off the team.

LA fans and CLipper fans on the same threads having at it....just really funny stuff.

I watched Utah pound LA last night , guys calling the game , made me sick they were so LA biased...I just turned the sound off and enjoyed the whipping....and watching Jack Nickelson look like he was tripping on acid.

When things don't get better they'll start talking about how they need to get lebron when he's a free agent.  Of course that will come after they get exhausted talking about trading gasol for him.

one of the "HOT" topics is will Kobe and Howard ultimately will get along on the court.  Howard has told Kobe to step up and play some defense.  Kobe doesn't like being told he is wrong.  PERIOD.  unless its his Uncle Stange Jackson.

So not only are the LA fans in a panick mode to win it all this year, they are terriifed that Howard might get sick of all the crap (like Pau) puts up with and bolt for another team.

Kobe don't want to play no defense .  Howard doesn't appreciate his game of ballhog.   We all knew this going in.

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 11:32:57 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The thread title alone earns a Tommy point from me.

« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, 12:48:56 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Haha this would be Kobe's response lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Po1bisaZw

« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, 02:53:45 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
Do you have Bird or Magic atop Jordan on your "best player ever" list?

No, I do have Greg Kite on top.  ;D
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, 03:01:38 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I don't know why Kobe and Howard don't play more pick and rolls.  Howard has been one of the best pick and roll finishers the last how many years and Kobe is an excellent passer off picks.  When Nash returns I expect him and Howard to run a lot of pick and rolls but in the meantime, why can't Kobe and Howard run them?  Not that I'm complaining.  I would rather not see them run them.  Millsap had a good line about the Lakers doing it to themselves because their lack of ball movement made it easy on them defensively.  The Lakers were ridiculously hot from three and put a lot of points but I guess the point still stands.

Early on in the year Kobe was balancing passing and scoring better than I ever seen him do.  It made my dislike for him grow more because the man should not be getting better after so many years in the league.  To me it looked like he was doing a very good Lebron impression, even notching a triple double in the process.  Kobe's always been an excellent passer but his notion of getting his teammates involved has tended to be, pass a lot in the fourth quarter and then jack up 20 plus shots the remaining three quarters.  Kind of a lip service attempt at involving his teammates. 

After his triple double, he just started turning the ball over a ton and assists weren't coming as easily also, for whatever reason.  He now seems to be playing the way he used now and not like Lebron.  My dislike has returned to its former level.