Author Topic: Time to give up the rock, Kobe.  (Read 6018 times)

Re: Time to give up the rock, Kobe.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 11:43:21 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
and Gasol should punch him in the face for criticizing him in public.

I was gonna say this guy's about to drive away his second best-in-the-league big man.

Completely forgot about Gasol.

So three bigs who at some point have been the best in the league. He's about to drive away all of them.

There was a point when Gasol was the best in the league? How many days did it last?

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 11:55:13 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
and Gasol should punch him in the face for criticizing him in public.

I was gonna say this guy's about to drive away his second best-in-the-league big man.

Completely forgot about Gasol.

So three bigs who at some point have been the best in the league. He's about to drive away all of them.

There was a point when Gasol was the best in the league? How many days did it last?
A few years ago I thought Gasol was on the short list for best big man.

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 11:56:11 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Simmons weighs in, coincidentally (or not).

Good article. Nice to see that Simmons can still bring it, every once in a while.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8724362/the-kobe-question

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Kobe will never quit , he is addicted to BB , and while more rings are possible for a few years , padding ones stats isn't out of the question.

yup
he will juggernaut there as the best 6th man ever copy and paste this...he will fight his own fight for that
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Kobe will never quit , he is addicted to BB , and while more rings are possible for a few years , padding ones stats isn't out of the question.

yup
he will juggernaut there as the best 6th man ever copy and paste this...he will fight his own fight for that
and just be4 people attach this statement its NOT a this year fact is a long term one and I am NOT a kobe fan at all i really dont like him
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
The OKC game last night was just terrible.
4th quarter they were down by 10-15 points and he would just dribble up, take on 3 guys and jack it up over and over and over. So sad.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 12:44:58 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Good. I hope Dwight walks.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2012, 01:24:24 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
I read that Kobe wants to play until he's 40 now. If that is the case the Lakers need to let him walk after his ridiculous contracts expires.

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2012, 08:19:47 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kobe give up the rock?  Might as well ask a mosquito to give up sucking blood.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2012, 09:10:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
it'd be easier to stop the tide

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 09:22:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Allen Iverson is offended that no one's thought of him for "worst good player due to shoot happiness".

That chart is silly though, Kobe's been very good this year so far. He's been running the pick and roll along with pretty much the entire offense since Blake/Nash have both been out. So when things have gone well for the Lakers he hasn't shot much (for him). He's relatively content to run the point essentially. His shot attempts are down from last year because of this.

But when the team has been in close games though, then Kobe has reverted back to what he knows and starts shooting a ton. Overall he's cut back his isolations and long two point shots, so he's been far more efficient than he has in the past. His turnovers have been very bad some games, but again he's being asked to run the P&R too much.

I'm sure he's shot them out of some games as I haven't watched them all, but given their utter lack of talent beyond him in the backcourt its tough for the Lakers.

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 09:46:09 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Wow the OP is hilarious.

Best part about the Celtics season so far is that when the Celtics struggle I can look at the Lakers and have a good laugh.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 12:24:31 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I've always said that the difference between Jordan and Kobe is that Jordan wanted to win and from that winning, came greatness.  Kobe wants to be great and so he's always worried about something other than just winning.  That's why, as bad as Jordan could be to get along with, his teammates always responded to him because at least they could all have winning in common.  Kobe's teammates, however, know that he barely even regards them as people.  They're just tools that exist to further his greatness.

Mike

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 12:43:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
When I'm feeling bummed about a Celtics loss....I visit the Lakers forums for a read.  Wow ... the Lakers fan are far more critical on the whole than Celtics. We are practically loving and forgiving compared to LA fans.  ;D

ANyone down on the C's read a few Lakers threads, its really funny stuff.  All those Hall of Fame players, and superstars and still they are not satisfied.

They hate every would be Lakers  coach except old wierdo Phil, their idol.  Only Phil can lead them to the promised land.  ;D  They want Kobe to score 40 points a game and play Bradley lockdown defense EVERY GAME.   You would think Gasol is worse than our COllins , that he is total trash and would trade him for anybody just to get him off the team.

LA fans and CLipper fans on the same threads having at it....just really funny stuff.

I watched Utah pound LA last night , guys calling the game , made me sick they were so LA biased...I just turned the sound off and enjoyed the whipping....and watching Jack Nickelson look like he was tripping on acid. 

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
When I'm feeling bummed about a Celtics loss....I visit the Lakers forums for a read.  Wow ... the Lakers fan are far more critical on the whole than Celtics. We are practically loving and forgiving compared to LA fans.  ;D

ANyone down on the C's read a few Lakers threads, its really funny stuff.  All those Hall of Fame players, and superstars and still they are not satisfied.

They hate every would be Lakers  coach except old wierdo Phil, their idol.  Only Phil can lead them to the promised land.  ;D  They want Kobe to score 40 points a game and play Bradley lockdown defense EVERY GAME.   You would think Gasol is worse than our COllins , that he is total trash and would trade him for anybody just to get him off the team.

LA fans and CLipper fans on the same threads having at it....just really funny stuff.

I watched Utah pound LA last night , guys calling the game , made me sick they were so LA biased...I just turned the sound off and enjoyed the whipping....and watching Jack Nickelson look like he was tripping on acid.

Link us up
The only color that matters is GREEN