Author Topic: Ref keeps ball inbounds in Heat/ Hawks game  (Read 2102 times)

Ref keeps ball inbounds in Heat/ Hawks game
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Crazy that nobody is talking about this yet. The ball was going out of bounds towards the Hawks basket and the ref's foot was sticking out and the ball was kept inbounds. I know theres a thread on here called "ref's helping out heat" but this takes it to another level. Seriously though, Im not saying it was definitely on purpose but it looks REALLY bad. Ill post a video when i find one.

Re: Ref keeps ball inbounds in Heat/ Hawks game
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 02:12:35 AM »

Offline YallahCeltics34

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 6
I'd love to see a video when you find it.

And whether this was intentional or not I won't forget this any time soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mbOtivQ_4

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Cant find video yet but here is a thread from insidehoops talking about it. http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283943

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 07:19:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They live in their own league with a special set of rules for only them.   Take heart a lot of them go back to the nursing home after the games.

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 07:58:27 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I was watching it live and I honestly didn't see anything unusual with it. It was during a Heat fastbreak a pass to Chalmers was thrown to low along the left wing, the ball hit the refs leg as he was running along the same left wing, the ball remained inbounds, Chalmers picked it up, and the Heat scored.

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 10:03:15 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The ref is considered part of the floor - if the ball hits them it's still live until it hits something out of bounds.  They'll try to hop out of the way but they aren't going to dive to the deck or anything.

I can't see the video, but unless he's deliberately moving to keep the ball in play, it's not a big deal.  Doesn't happen every game but it's not that unusual either. 

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 10:22:40 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I am waiting for the player that masters the bounce ball pass off the official as a way to get around a defense.

(or at least a video game maker to set it up)

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 10:52:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

And whether this was intentional or not I won't forget this any time soon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4mbOtivQ_4
I don't see the ref high-fiving anyone in this video, intentionally or not. Talk about making mountains out of molehills.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 11:41:00 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I don't see the ref high-fiving anyone in this video, intentionally or not. Talk about making mountains out of molehills.

Yeah Ive never understood this video. The ref is backing Spolestra off the court.