Author Topic: Am I the only one thinking Green should start over Bass?  (Read 2558 times)

Re: Am I the only one thinking Green should start over Bass?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 04:01:09 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Not just you.

I like Green starting. Move Paul to 2 guard (yes I know he doesn't have the speed but he's a physical mismatch against some of them), and bring a Center (even Wilcox) and move KG back to the 4. We would still be capable offensively and we should be big enough to bring difficulties to anyone driving to the lane.

I like Jet and Bass' energy off the bench. We need someone who can provide a spark coming as a 6th and 7th man. Their scoring, along with the starters' production for me will give a constant scoring threat.

I do like Jet coming off the bench and I think we miss that spark. I like Green getting big minutes but he cant play the four especially when he cant post up against other threes or even other twos. I would be ok with trying a starting line of

Rondo
Pierce
Green
Bass
KG with Terry, Wilcox, Lee the first three coming off the bench.

I'd also start Sully over Bass.

3rd guard: Bradley
4th guard (16 min) Jet/Barbosa/Lee [it's a minutes battle!IMO]
Wilcox as 3rd big. 
Bass as 4th big.  Collins on reserve big status.

So, yes, Green starts over Bass.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 05:56:59 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I would rather have Sully starting than Bass. Bass is a weak defensive player, so we do not lose much there. Sully is a far better rebounder than Bass so we gain a ton there. I am hoping by the all star break, Bass is playing somewhere else. He is pretty much as one-dimension as they come.

Trade Bass for Blatche!

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
No ...over Pierce ,  Green sucks at the 4 .  He is a dominating small forward , he can't deal with the huge fours.  Green seems comfortable at the three.

Green, KG and BASS or / Sully is what I want to see.  Pierce is shooting horrible and turning the ball over faster than the team can cope with.  He needs to SIT and think about his play .or lack there of. :-[

I second this one. Pierce is absolutely taking a huge amount of terrible shots. He's not just missing, he's taking a lot of BAD shots. Green can be the future if you get him in there and get him the minutes to return to form. Paul clearly has lost a step and needs to accept the fact his days are numbered. I'm not saying PP should play 10 min off the bench. It should be a 20-25 min. The rest will allow him to play better when it matters.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Bass, and KG starting. Terry/Barbosa, Lee, PP, Sully, and Wilcox coming off the bench. That is a team that we need to develop if we are ever going to be contenders again. (Now we just need to find a legit center and we have the future with player x at the Center spot, and Sully taking over for Bass. I'd look for Bass trades right now for a legit center. Hard press for Big Al next off season if you can't fill this void with a trade.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Not sure if Green needs to start, but Pierce/Green at the 2 and 3 works IMO.   Green can guard quicker 2s if a problem for Paul, and we get a lot of firepower from having both on the floor.

Clearly a logjam at 2 when Avery comes back.  Be interesting to see who gets the minutes....

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 11:11:29 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Bass is starting because he knows the rotations with our starting five better than anyone else on the roster, and his game works very well with Rondos and the rest of the starting five.  With KG/Pierce/Rondo what we need out of the 4 spot is a shooter who can consistently spread the floor and not need the ball in his hands.

Green is not a shooter.  He's a slasher.
Green 100% needs the ball in his hand and to control the offense to be successful.

Bass on top of knowing the rotations better is just a flat out better defender than Green at this point in their careers.  Green as we all know has the potentional to be great at most everything but Bass is a much better post defender and pick and roll defender right now.

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 01:14:29 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
while Green is more of a slasher, I would say though, he has been extremely solid on the catch and shoot corner 3-pointer

hes almost been automatic from that spot