Author Topic: is Green finally turning the corner?  (Read 7692 times)

is Green finally turning the corner?
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
after a rough start to the season, Green has quietly put together a consistent stretch of play the last 2 weeks, ever since rondo got suspended actually...he's looking for his shot, rebounding better and defending better IMO

his last 4 games

19points
8points
18points
19points

hopefully this is the start of what we will see going forward from Green because we are going to need it, and it puts more into focus why Ainge spent the money on him that he did

Re: is Green finally turning the corner?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:30:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Maybe... I don't wanna get my hopes up though. Everytime I do with this guy, he puts up a dud. So I'm just gonna wait it out.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »

Offline jowwwman

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 11
need to see more from green than 5 ok games. Blatche is making much less and doing much more. hes avg 19/11 over the last 5 games and yet we were wondering whether or not even to give him a minimum contract this season would much rather have him on the celtics right now than green.

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
need to see more from green than 5 ok games. Blatche is making much less and doing much more. hes avg 19/11 over the last 5 games and yet we were wondering whether or not even to give him a minimum contract this season would much rather have him on the celtics right now than green.
i wouldnt slight Green while sayin dat cuz we needed a backup for Pierce. If u said u would rather have Blatche then Collins or Darko i'd cosign dis statement to da max Dray was always talented good to see him finally puttin it together

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 10:37:55 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
I think greens game tonight was more than just "ok" the scoring was nice, but he also has been rebounding better and  played well in the closing lineup

we'll have to see if he can keep doing this going forward but you have to be encouraged by his play lately. he seems to be settling into his role

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:41:06 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

I would trade Bass for Blatche right now. So we can have Blatche and Green on the Celtics

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:41:58 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I think greens game tonight was more than just "ok" the scoring was nice, but he also has been rebounding better and  played well in the closing lineup

we'll have to see if he can keep doing this going forward but you have to be encouraged by his play lately. he seems to be settling into his role

Yeah. He's finally doing the jack of all trades thing they've been pegging him with.

CLee is coming around too. He's a shooters and shooters go into slumps. It's not like a certain someone hasn't gone into slumps before with us and we stuck with that guy.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 10:47:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah. He's finally doing the jack of all trades thing they've been pegging him with.

CLee is coming around too. He's a shooters and shooters go into slumps. It's not like a certain someone hasn't gone into slumps before with us and we stuck with that guy.

his defense has been solid...not sold on his offense yet...I have a feeling if Bradley comes back healthy Lee is going to lose playing time

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 10:55:32 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I bet green could average what pierce is averaging if he shot as many shots and played as many mins.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 10:55:57 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
still not enough good performances to proclaim he's getting it but there's at least reason for optimism

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 11:00:40 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Maybe... I don't wanna get my hopes up though. Everytime I do with this guy, he puts up a dud. So I'm just gonna wait it out.

HA!!! I know the feeling...everytime I cheer him , he has a huge letdown.  I willsay I'll take his offensive effort tonight anytime.   He has work to do on "D" and his jumper .

I would like to see what he could do taking the starting job for game and seeing how he reacts.  ???

Up to Doc to SEE WHAT  GREEN can give as a starter?

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 11:30:18 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

his defense has been solid...not sold on his offense yet...I have a feeling if Bradley comes back healthy Lee is going to lose playing time

Barbosa is.

Lee has been playing well.

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 11:35:24 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I bet green could average what pierce is averaging if he shot as many shots and played as many mins.

An interesting theory.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 11:42:32 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I keep tellin ya'll about James Worthy!

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 11:46:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I keep tellin ya'll about James Worthy!

I can never tell if these comparisons are jokes, but Green doesn't even remotely resemble James Worthy to me.

He has looked good lately, though.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes