Author Topic: Nice work, guys  (Read 4914 times)

Nice work, guys
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:00:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Nice work down the stretch, guys.

Pierce misses an open layup that would've given Boston a 3-point lead.

Lee airballs a 3.

Rondo slips. How many times do guys SLIP?!? Only with the Celtics.

Of course, Evan Turner has his season high against us.

Pierce finishes 1 for 8 on threes.

Jet plays the worse game of his Celtic career.

Way to blow another golden opportunity.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Nice work, guys
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Green played well. He is coming on it seems. I've seen enough of lee. You do not shoot an air ball for the game winning shot. package him with sully and melo /picks for gortat.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Green played well. He is coming on it seems. I've seen enough of lee. You do not shoot an air ball for the game winning shot. package him with sully and melo /picks for gortat.
NOthing about this season has changed my opinion of Jeff Green... he's our 4th best player.  He's a starting SF and he needs a bigger role.  I'm in favor of starting him at SF and moving Pierce to starting SG... then trading a combo of average bigs/average guards for a legit big man to put next to KG.   

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 10:06:10 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
What a bad and frustrating way to lose, however I like a lot of what I saw tonight
DKC Suns

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 10:09:23 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
NOthing about this season has changed my opinion of Jeff Green... he's our 4th best player.  He's a starting SF and he needs a bigger role.  I'm in favor of starting him at SF and moving Pierce to starting SG... then trading a combo of average bigs/average guards for a legit big man to put next to KG.

sounds good to me!  ;D
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:15 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Green finally came though in the role I envisioned for him during the season...one of the guys out there at the end of the game in a posey sort of role

19points and 8rebounds

the rebounds are what is important to me, because if he CAN rebound like that he will have no problem playing in the end game unit.

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Indeed, a good game from Green, and from Rondo and KG.

"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 10:19:03 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I just want them to trade Brandon Bass.

I just want them to quit being sloppy with the ball, which is the reason they lose many of these games. 20-plus turnovers is not going to create many wins.

I just want them to get another big guy who can play.

I just want Jared Sullinger to be in the starting lineup. His defense cannot be much worse than that of Bass, and he gives them so much more in every other phase of the game.

I want to say that Jeff Green might finally be getting it and I have to praise his play over the last two-plus weeks.

I am so tired of this being a mediocre team that has really only beaten a couple of teams with a pulse this year.

I cannot believe how far behind the Knicks they are already.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 10:21:57 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Bass was definitely off tonight, but overall I thought hes been solid for us this season.

the turnovers need to stop though. I cant count how many times the past few weeks pierce would throw a sloppy pass and it ends up being a layup at the other end.

oh well, we get another crack at them tomorrow.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 10:22:19 PM »

Offline badshar

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 72
You people need to understand Pierce played 45 minutes. Its tough. When shots don't go in, you start to lose faith in it and when you are tired like crazy the way Pierce was with those many minutes, its bad. Add to that the fact that refs made some extremely questionable calls and Pierce did not get a single call for all the times he was fouled.

Its easy to just blame people for how bad they played, but you have to look at all the factors.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Green and rondo about the only good things to take from this game.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 10:27:53 PM »

• Satch Sanders
I just want them to trade Brandon Bass.

I just want them to quit being sloppy with the ball, which is the reason they lose many of these games. 20-plus turnovers is not going to create many wins.

I just want them to get another big guy who can play.

I just want Jared Sullinger to be in the starting lineup. His defense cannot be much worse than that of Bass, and he gives them so much more in every other phase of the game.

I want to say that Jeff Green might finally be getting it and I have to praise his play over the last two-plus weeks.

I am so tired of this being a mediocre team that has really only beaten a couple of teams with a pulse this year.

I cannot believe how far behind the Knicks they are already.

I'm with you, Vinnie. I've made a concerted effort this season to be patient, to hold my tongue, to keep my emotions in check, because of all the new guys and because the Cs, over the last couple years, have had a tendency to take their sweet ol' time getting things into high gear.

I even sat patiently throughout the abomination that was their game against Brooklyn last week—the first NBA game I'd ever been to.

But after witnessing the end of tonight's game ... I couldn't hold it in any longer. Thus this thread, which I admit was entirely knee-jerk on my part, but also, I feel, well deserved.

This team has been turnover-prone through the New Big Three era, and it must stop.

Pierce missing a layup, an OPEN layup.

Lee airballing a 3, AIRBALLING.

Rondo—not only does he slip on the final shot, but why in the world is HE taking the final shot anyway?!?

And why was Terry even still in the game in OT? If a guy doesn't have it on a given night, he doesn't have it (listening, Doc?).

Get it together, guys.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 10:29:39 PM »

• Satch Sanders
You people need to understand Pierce played 45 minutes. Its tough. When shots don't go in, you start to lose faith in it and when you are tired like crazy the way Pierce was with those many minutes, its bad. Add to that the fact that refs made some extremely questionable calls and Pierce did not get a single call for all the times he was fouled.

Its easy to just blame people for how bad they played, but you have to look at all the factors.

Being tired is indeed a big factor, but if he's so tired he can't make a layup, he shouldn't be in the game.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 10:31:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
o please, this is a make or miss league. I'm not worried about a game like this.

At least I'm seeing some things to be optimistic about.

1. Jeff Green finally being aggressive and cutting more often now, and I think he had a block? GOOD SIGN

2. I saw somewhere in the game where Sully RIPPED down a rebound, and then again shortly after.

3. Lee didn't produce but hey, he hustled.

its a make or miss league. On any given night, Terry or Pierce would've made 1 or 2 more threes.

Personally, I think its just a mistake on KG's part, should've taken a turnaround jumper but instead chose to give it to Rondo

not a big deal, on to tomorrow's game

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:02 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Bass was definitely off tonight, but overall I thought hes been solid for us this season.

the turnovers need to stop though. I cant count how many times the past few weeks pierce would throw a sloppy pass and it ends up being a layup at the other end.

oh well, we get another crack at them tomorrow.

Bass is an abomination on defense and his shot has been way off most of this season. He has done okay on the boards, but overall, Sully gives this team more.