Author Topic: The jump up-hip check celebration.  (Read 1102 times)

The jump up-hip check celebration.
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:08:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It has been happening for quite a few years now in basketball and football. A player does something great and to celebrate they run at one of their team mates and they both simultaneously jump in the air, twist and hip check each other.

Is anyone else just dying to see which player does this and messes it up and blows out an ankle or knee causing him to miss serious time and cost their team wins?

I remember Tony Allen blowing out a knee after dunking a ball after a play was over. I remember Martin Gramatica hurting himself celebrating a field goal early in the game. I remember some LA Dodger celebrating a walk off homer and break his leg.

How long do you think this type of celebrating goes on before someone gets hurt doing it?

Re: The jump up-hip check celebration.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 01:46:31 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Ever done something good in front of 20,000 screaming people??

Gotta release the adrenaline somehow  :P

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:09:49 AM »

fitzhickey

I remember some LA Dodger celebrating a walk off homer and break his leg.

How long do you think this type of celebrating goes on before someone gets hurt doing it?
In a game at school a while back, one of my friends got a homerun, cartwheeled at the base and broke his arm.

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:35 AM »

Offline Mr Green

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
Rembember when Charles Barkley hit a game winning buzzer beater for the Suns then injured Kevin Johnson's leg by jumping on him? KJ then had to sit on the shelf for the start of the playoffs. Good times!