Author Topic: Wallace  (Read 4243 times)

Wallace
« on: December 07, 2012, 12:30:30 AM »

Offline ben

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
I think Rasheed Wallace just scored 12 points 7 rebounds for the knicks in a win against the Heat. 

Makes me wish he hadn't "retired" and stuck with Cs.  Always thought he was a great great player, hated when the pistons lost by 4points to spurs game seven, devastated when cs lost 4points in game seven, wallace had to endure both. 

Re: Wallace
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:45:44 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Juiced.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 04:26:37 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
Seriously? Are we still whining about not signing/resigning a players whenever he has a good statline?

Jesus, the guy can score layups and grab a couple of rebounds. What's the big deal?
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 05:04:26 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Seriously? Are we still whining about not signing/resigning a players whenever he has a good statline?

Jesus, the guy can score layups and grab a couple of rebounds. What's the big deal?

The big deal is WE HAVE NO ONE to back up KG withthe caliber of a fossilized Wallace, Wilcox for now will do but he is so injury prone. God forbid anything happens to KG because we are toast if that happens.  We should have held on to Jermaine's corpse for the veteran min than Jason Collins who is completely useless.

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:17:51 AM »

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65

He is also an excellent 3pt shooter and holds the record for most technicals amongst active players. 
That said, I'd rather have him or Hollins than Collins and I almost miss JO  :o.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:48:47 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

He is also an excellent 3pt shooter and holds the record for most technicals amongst active players. 
That said, I'd rather have him or Hollins than Collins and I almost miss JO  :o.
Wallace an excellent 3pt shooter?!

I do love me some Sheed though

BALLLDONTLIEEE
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:07:53 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
sheed is shooting decently from 3 this season so far.

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 08:35:11 AM »

Offline Josh88

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 11
Hell no, he was as bad as Antoine with his 3 point shot selection. I hated him when he was on the team and don't miss him one bit.

I swear every single time an ex-Celtic has one decent performance people forget every negative aspect of their game and immediately want them back on the team.

Maybe we can get Raef LaFrentz to come out of retirement, we could use the depth at the 4.

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 08:37:33 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
.276% is horrible, not decent.

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Hell no, he was as bad as Antoine with his 3 point shot selection. I hated him when he was on the team and don't miss him one bit.

I swear every single time an ex-Celtic has one decent performance people forget every negative aspect of their game and immediately want them back on the team. .

TP !!! Your correct.

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 08:58:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

He is shooting a whopping 28% from the 3 point line this year. Im not sure that qualifies as decent.

And I agree with the terrible three point shot selection, he could always hit some big three point shots at big moments here and there but in years where he has attempted 1 or more three pointers a game his best percentage has been 36%. With a career average of only 33%.

I always liked Sheed but he was passed his prime when he was here and I dont think he would be doing much for us at the moment. Still would be better than Collins I guess.

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 10:03:03 AM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I haven't seen a ton of Knicks games this year, but from what I have seen 'Sheed looked completely disinterested on the defensive end.  Like, just letting guys drive the lane and not putting up even token resistance, just lazy reach-ins.  Maybe I've just seen when he was all tuckered out, but 'Sheed is a guy whose best attributes were on the defensive side. 

...  and the whole "BALL DON'T LIE!" screaming, getting himself kicked out of games because of it...  makes him look like a caricature of himself. 

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Hell no, he was as bad as Antoine with his 3 point shot selection.

big call.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 10:28:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Hell no, he was as bad as Antoine with his 3 point shot selection.

big call.
Yeah I remember walker taking more 3s off the dribble. Wallace just catch and shoots them instantly.

I'd go with Walker as being worse.

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
And I agree with the terrible three point shot selection, he could always hit some big three point shots at big moments here and there but in years where he has attempted 1 or more three pointers a game his best percentage has been 36%. With a career average of only 33%.
?? I can't even remember the last time Sheed took a contested 3.  Every shot he took with us and in the Knicks' games I've seen it's when his man leaves him completely and nobody's within 10 feet of him.  36% might be above average for a guard, but it's elite from the center position.  In seasons that he's made at least 1 a game, he's shot above 35% 6 times and 33% once.

Yeah, not everybody still has their touch at 38, but why are you trying to take away from his career?  Nobody has lauded his shooting in years, people talk about his ridiculous post defense and how much space his length takes up in the paint.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale