Author Topic: Celtics (10-8) at Sixers (10-8) 12/7  (Read 36147 times)

Re: Celtics (10-8) at Sixers (10-8) 12/7
« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2012, 10:41:49 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
So is Fab Melo ready yet? I'm ready to see what this team looks like with a legitimate shot blocker.

You want a center who will miss defensive rotations every other trip down the floor, has extremely low offensive use, and will foul out of the game in 15 minutes or less?  Glad you're not our coach.

Is this some sort of heresy? I can't remember Fab playing a single minute this year. What is this missing rotations you are talking about? of all Celtics bigs, Fab is our 2nd best defender; excellent on pick and roll, blocks a ton of shots, and he takes charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWhaapu-Xs

No, it's common sense.  Don't post highlights, because that's exactly what they are - highlights that are only good plays.  If you've watched the summer league, preseason, and any of the D-league, you would quickly acknowledge that Fab is not ready for major NBA minutes.

nothing highlighty about that video. It illustrates Melo exceptional defense on pick and roll. I'm can't answer second part until he gets minutes. He has flaws definitely  like any young player. I mean Sullinger can't defend a chair if his life depended on it. But he is makes up for it  grabbing rebounds.

« Reply #271 on: December 07, 2012, 11:02:53 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I hate to lose....thats all I can say.

« Reply #272 on: December 07, 2012, 11:04:31 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
So is Fab Melo ready yet? I'm ready to see what this team looks like with a legitimate shot blocker.

You want a center who will miss defensive rotations every other trip down the floor, has extremely low offensive use, and will foul out of the game in 15 minutes or less?  Glad you're not our coach.

Is this some sort of heresy? I can't remember Fab playing a single minute this year. What is this missing rotations you are talking about? of all Celtics bigs, Fab is our 2nd best defender; excellent on pick and roll, blocks a ton of shots, and he takes charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWhaapu-Xs

No, it's common sense.  Don't post highlights, because that's exactly what they are - highlights that are only good plays.  If you've watched the summer league, preseason, and any of the D-league, you would quickly acknowledge that Fab is not ready for major NBA minutes.

nothing highlighty about that video. It illustrates Melo exceptional defense on pick and roll. I'm can't answer second part until he gets minutes. He has flaws definitely  like any young player. I mean Sullinger can't defend a chair if his life depended on it. But he is makes up for it  grabbing rebounds.

The video is not conclusive evidence that Melo plays exceptional defense on the pick and roll.  I see 20 seconds of good defense on ONE defensive possession against a Euro team in the pre-season.  I've seen countless possessions, on both ends of the floor, where Fab is completely lost.  He does good things, but they are overshadowed by lack of defensive awareness, substandard BB IQ, and tendency to pick up fouls.

« Reply #273 on: December 07, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Why did rondo try to stop there? This team can't beat anyone with a pulse. Knicks are going to be so far ahead it will be hard to see them
Weren't you saying the same thing at this time last year about Philly?

Knicks are FAR better than Philly was last year. And they have one of the best players in the NBA.

« Reply #274 on: December 07, 2012, 11:12:29 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Why did rondo try to stop there? This team can't beat anyone with a pulse. Knicks are going to be so far ahead it will be hard to see them
Weren't you saying the same thing at this time last year about Philly?

Knicks are FAR better than Philly was last year. And they have one of the best players in the NBA.

The Knicks "OWNED" the HEAT the other night and nothing WADE or James could do to stop it either.  And that was without Mello and Amaire.