Author Topic: Celtics (10-8) at Sixers (10-8) 12/7  (Read 36130 times)

Re: Celtics (10-8) at Sixers (10-8) 12/7
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2012, 10:08:34 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 627
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Two brutal plays to end the game and in OT... I just don't see this team making any strides. Just a bunch of issues

Really?? green with his 3rd 15+ game in the last 4 games

held the 76ers to 37% shooting overall...turnovers and some missed bunnies were the key here
Turnovers...lack of rebounding...lee...bass all are still major issues. Nothing comes easy for this team

« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2012, 10:08:46 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
And another game given away..this team looks like a clown show

This one was different.  C's played well enough to take this one and really turned it on in the 4th.  Missed some easy shots in the end adn JET with a hideous night.

Green played his best game IMO.

Turnovers killed Boston tonight. Celtics were lucky to even be in overtime

You mean the 76ers were lucky to be in overtime.

« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2012, 10:08:53 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
I don't think Doc drew up that play. Garnett and Rondo def improvised.
I don't think he did either since he had a look of confusion like I do right now.

Rondo was playing well, had a triple double by the end of  the third, and was looking great all for everything to come up to... that.
I have so many questions right now.

They played really well in the fourth quarter. Now they need to do it consistently all four quarters and try to limit the turnovers.

« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Not worried at all. This is starting to look as Celtics Defense. Offense will come eventually. Today terrible offense killed us, tomorrow will be a different game. Hopefully D keeps improving and we'll be ok.

go Celtics!

« Reply #259 on: December 07, 2012, 10:10:46 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1948
I just don't see this team making any strides. Just a bunch of issues

Really?

D looked good without KG, which is huge. Green living up to his contract seemingly.

Turnovers and tough luck killed us. CLee airballing a 3? Jet 1-8? Rondo slipping? 1-2 on free throws twice I think?

I was truly worried when our D was bad. Now it's way better and I haven't felt this good about the team since the preseason.

TP.  Not an easy loss to take, but a lot of good things to take away from this game.  We've been taking care of the ball much better than last year.  If we had cut down on poor mistakes, made at least ONE of our numerous terrific open looks, or had not missed uncharacteristic free throws, we probably would have won.

« Reply #260 on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
man usually when u hold a team to 37% from da field u win smh we gotta get control of these turnover issues tho its some minor things dat need to be tweaked but our defense has improved slightly as of late we aint allow ova 100 points in bout a week nd a half

« Reply #261 on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:08 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
the overlooked point concerning the loss -- 7 missed FT's.  hit any and there's no OT.  PP was particularly odious. 

JET and PP bricking the night away not helping. 

impressive stat night for Rondo but I think his lack of attempts at game winning shots showed tonight, particularly on that last play.  clock awareness needs some work

« Reply #262 on: December 07, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Why did rondo try to stop there? This team can't beat anyone with a pulse. Knicks are going to be so far ahead it will be hard to see them
Weren't you saying the same thing at this time last year about Philly?

« Reply #263 on: December 07, 2012, 10:13:44 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
smh not thrilled wit Rondo game winnin attempts but we'll get em back tomorrow hopefully Jeff Green can play like dis on a regular basis

I actually don't mind the attempts. The first attempt actually looked really good coming out of his hands, but it was long. The second was unlucky that he slipped.

I honestly think he has to get comfortable taking those shots. Late in games, we need other options besides the Paul Pierce iso or throwing it into KG just for him to pass it off. If he's taking the reigns as "the guy", he has to take and learn to make shots with the game on the line.
I can understand it now because the PP iso (especially this) and the KG pass is getting a bit predictable.
I hope they learn from this and get a win tomorrow.

« Reply #264 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:48 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
My patience is running thin. I know i said i won't judge this team until AB comes back but jesus christ man. I can't take this anymore.

« Reply #265 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis
So is Fab Melo ready yet? I'm ready to see what this team looks like with a legitimate shot blocker.

You want a center who will miss defensive rotations every other trip down the floor, has extremely low offensive use, and will foul out of the game in 15 minutes or less?  Glad you're not our coach.

« Reply #266 on: December 07, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So is Fab Melo ready yet? I'm ready to see what this team looks like with a legitimate shot blocker.

You want a center who will miss defensive rotations every other trip down the floor, has extremely low offensive use, and will foul out of the game in 15 minutes or less?  Glad you're not our coach.
agreed.  Melo's so raw he shouldn't be expected to see the court until the 2014-2015 season

« Reply #267 on: December 07, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

Is this some sort of heresy? I can't remember Fab playing a single minute this year. What is this missing rotations you are talking about? of all Celtics bigs, Fab is our 2nd best defender; excellent on pick and roll, blocks a ton of shots, and he takes charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWhaapu-Xs

« Reply #268 on: December 07, 2012, 10:26:53 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
My patience is running thin. I know i said i won't judge this team until AB comes back but jesus christ man. I can't take this anymore.
in december before christmas tho? lol some of yall in chea actin like we lost by 30 tonight

« Reply #269 on: December 07, 2012, 10:30:10 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• Reggie Lewis

Is this some sort of heresy? I can't remember Fab playing a single minute this year. What is this missing rotations you are talking about? of all Celtics bigs, Fab is our 2nd best defender; excellent on pick and roll, blocks a ton of shots, and he takes charges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxWhaapu-Xs

No, it's common sense.  Don't post highlights, because that's exactly what they are - highlights that are only good plays.  If you've watched the summer league, preseason, and any of the D-league, you would quickly acknowledge that Fab is not ready for major NBA minutes.