Author Topic: Is anyone ready to fire Danny.  (Read 8178 times)

Re: Is anyone ready to fire Danny.
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 12:45:17 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
No. He's put together a contending team each of the last 5 years. It's on the players and the coaches to take it to the next step and get the championship

Every thread on this board is fire this guy, trade that guy, this guy sucks. Really bizarre to me lol.
DKC Suns

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »

Offline RyNye

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 97
I mean, is there any team that has drafted as well as Danny has?

And please, don't point to OKC. It doesn't take a genius to draft Kevin Durant. He was a consensus number 1 pick, and nobody expected him to not be drafted 1st. Getting good players from lottery picks is WAAAAY different than Danny getting good players from the late first/early second round.

Rondo, Glen Davis, Avery Bradley, etc. Can anybody think of a team that has a better track record with such low picks?

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 01:00:07 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
No. He's put together a contending team each of the last 5 years. It's on the players and the coaches to take it to the next step and get the championship.

Couldn't agree more.

Actually, to take it one step further, our window with KG/PP/Judas was supposed to be 3 years. Danny has extended that to 6 and perhaps seven. That alone gives him a pass from me almost forever.

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I don't want him fired, and I know I'm in the minority, but I do disagree with retooling and not rebuilding this year.

I would of been okay to suck this year and go for a shot at Nerlens Noel. I realize that is a long shot, but let's face it. This isn't LA or Miami, we are going to have a rough period at some point. Because I really doubt Ainge can pull off a KG like trade again, and even that took us being turrrrible.

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 01:13:02 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I don't want him fired, and I know I'm in the minority, but I do disagree with retooling and not rebuilding this year.

I would of been okay to suck this year and go for a shot at Nerlens Noel. I realize that is a long shot, but let's face it. This isn't LA or Miami, we are going to have a rough period at some point. Because I really doubt Ainge can pull off a KG like trade again, and even that took us being turrrrible.

Would you have been ok if we didn't win the lottery and still sucked 5 years from now.

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 01:14:13 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
I will much rather have a GM who makes questionable decisions, but knows where he is going with the team (like choosing to bet on Green, because he believes that we need a big athletic SF to back up/take over after Pierce), than a GM who only wants to make popular decisions (like the Magic trying to hold on to Howard).

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Quite the contrary, I hope Ainge sticks around for a long, long time.

Eventually, I hope he can find and groom someone to succeed him, to let him transition into a lifetime/honorary role with the organization. But I hope that's well off into the future.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

The man got us are first ring in a LONG time. Much respect for that, and with some luck we could of had at least two. Now we have seen a lot of questionable decisions. He's 53 years old now and looks much older than that to me. Is it time to look elsewhere for a new GM.

This part baffles me. I've never heard the argument of replacing a GM for being "old". Especially when he "looks" older than a not so old 53. TP for the reach.

BTW...Pat Riley is 67, but looks about 87 to me.

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Huh? Why would fire one of the top 3 gms in the league?

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 02:34:27 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
No.

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

The man got us are first ring in a LONG time. Much respect for that, and with some luck we could of had at least two. Now we have seen a lot of questionable decisions. He's 53 years old now and looks much older than that to me. Is it time to look elsewhere for a new GM.

[Edited.  Disagree without insulting others, please.]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:51:48 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 02:50:50 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
And please, don't point to OKC. It doesn't take a genius to draft Kevin Durant. He was a consensus number 1 pick, and nobody expected him to not be drafted 1st.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 02:59:28 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
And please, don't point to OKC. It doesn't take a genius to draft Kevin Durant. He was a consensus number 1 pick, and nobody expected him to not be drafted 1st.

Don't forget to drop the mic as you exit the stage :)

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I'm not interested in getting rid of a GM who is capable of making the Perk trade.

::)
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 03:48:32 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!

Would you have been ok if we didn't win the lottery and still sucked 5 years from now.

Yes, I'm admitting that we/I/Celtics are going to have to suck for a while to get good again. It's just the natural order of things. And since I didn't see us winning it this year(unless lucky injuries happen to other teams) I was ready to start the long and crappy process of rebuilding.

In my opinion it came down to not willing to delay the rebuilding in the hope that other teams have injuries.