Author Topic: Kobe Bryant youngest to 30,000  (Read 3390 times)

Kobe Bryant youngest to 30,000
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 119
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8718559/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-becomes-youngest-player-nba-history-score-30000-career-points

Yet another reason to hate Kobe...

"This is a franchise, like I've said in the past, guys whose jerseys hang up in the rafters are some of the all-time greats," Bryant said earlier this week. "Not just greats for the franchise. I don't know if there's any other organization that can say that."

Guess he doesn't remember all the retired numbers hanging in Boston.

Re: Kobe Bryant youngest to 30,000
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Meh, the Lakers' retired jerseys tend to be more individual stars (Magic being a notable exception) and the Celtics' tend to be better team players. 

Or, to put it another way, the jerseys aren't the most important things hanging in our rafters  8)

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 10:49:52 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8718559/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-becomes-youngest-player-nba-history-score-30000-career-points

"This is a franchise, like I've said in the past, guys whose jerseys hang up in the rafters are some of the all-time greats," Bryant said earlier this week. "Not just greats for the franchise. I don't know if there's any other organization that can say that."

Hate to say it, but the third greatest Celtic of all time might not be better then the 6th or 7th best Laker of all time. Talking about from an individual greatness standpoint.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Where's George Mikan Jersey hanging? Its definitely not hanging in staples center. I'm baffled Minneapolis Lakers almost never get brought up. Its as if they didn't exist. The only remanence is 5 championship trophies.

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:11:23 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Slightly off topic, but:

Please, God - ONE MORE BOS-LA series.

In June 2013.

Please.

Amen.  ;D

All of this Kobe talk..Laker talk...Kareem on NBATV..would LOVE to shut that mess up for good.

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 12:29:50 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Where's George Mikan Jersey hanging? Its definitely not hanging in staples center. I'm baffled Minneapolis Lakers almost never get brought up. Its as if they didn't exist. The only remanence is 5 championship trophies.

Are you sure about that? Mikan's Jersey isn't hanging there?

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 12:34:56 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544

I don't think his number is even retired. It hasn't been worn since, but official Lakers retired numbers doesn't include George Mikan.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/history/retired_numbers_010918.html

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 12:52:07 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat

I don't think his number is even retired. It hasn't been worn since, but official Lakers retired numbers doesn't include George Mikan.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/history/retired_numbers_010918.html
Honored but not retired: http://www.finals.com/lakers/history/minneapolis_lakers_020405.html . Even so they still claim those Minny titles. A shame if you ask me.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 01:02:36 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
There are few players in the league who have ever been as good at scoring the ball as Kobe Bryant.

It's too bad he can't redeem those 30,000 points into another ring.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 01:39:36 AM »

Offline Lord of Mikawa

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 66
  • Anti-Lakers&Anti-Heat
Slightly off topic, but:

Please, God - ONE MORE BOS-LA series.

In June 2013.

Please.

Amen.  ;D

All of this Kobe talk..Laker talk...Kareem on NBATV..would LOVE to shut that mess up for good.
Kareem is showing Bill Russell mad props on NBATV tonight.
Signed to a 6 year $0 contract with the Celtics Blog forum!

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 03:36:45 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Wahoo ... of course he's the youngest, he's the only one on the list to go directly from high school to the NBA, (he had a four year head-start).

Sorry, but even in the most generous of moods I couldn't scrape together a congrats for this creep.

Ever.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 04:09:14 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Enjoy the celebrations with the rest of your sub 500 team Kobe.

The same team that you have been continually letting down on defense when the first sight of a screen comes your way.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 08:05:13 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Hate to say it, but the third greatest Celtic of all time might not be better then the 6th or 7th best Laker of all time. Talking about from an individual greatness standpoint.
you should hate to say it because that would be a lie.

Hmm, 3rd best Celtic would probably be Havlicek (Russell and Bird being 1 and 2).  I'm fully confident that Hondo is a lot better than whoever the Lakers post at 6 or 7 in their franshise's history.

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 08:53:59 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586

you should hate to say it because that would be a lie.

Hmm, 3rd best Celtic would probably be Havlicek (Russell and Bird being 1 and 2).  I'm fully confident that Hondo is a lot better than whoever the Lakers post at 6 or 7 in their franshise's history.

Hey I love the Celtics as much as the next guy, but I think Kane made a fair statement.

If we go with Hondo at #3...

No doubt Wilt, Magic, Kareem, are ahead of him (they're all in the Bird/Russell greatest of all time range).

Then Shaq, Elgin Baylor, and Jerry West, are all ahead of Hondo too.

And like it or not, I think most unbiased people will probably end up putting Kobe higher than Hondo too (as much as it makes me shutter to say that).

You might be able to argue 1-2 of those guys isn't as good as Hondo, but I think most would say those are 7 players better than him.

Back to the Kobe thing though, with so few people at 30k, I think it's kind of weird to say "youngest to" when you're dealing with such a small club.  Like saying the youngest ever to 700 home runs or something. 

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Congrats to Kobe...he earned my respect as well as he should all of yours....all time great