Author Topic: Chances Rondo gets the quadruple double in his career?  (Read 2820 times)

Re: Chances Rondo gets the quadruple double in his career?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
The 10 steals will be very tough to do. But I think it's attainable.

What I'm more looking forward is, can he average with a triple-double for the seasons?

He can't.

« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I'd say he has a better chance of the double triple double (was Wilt the only one?).  He's no Clyde Drexler, last season he had a six steal game and 2 five steal games, in neither one was he close in rebounds.  Pierce has a better career high in steals, that's how sporadic they are.  Serge Ibaka probably has a better chance than Rondo (I think 3 double digit block games in the same month).

Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 10:52:19 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Much as I hate to admit it, there's probably a better chance of Lebron getting it then Rondo. 

He's capable (if not likely) of getting either 10 blocks or 10 steals in a game, wheras Rondo would have to get it with steals.

Although if you count turnovers Rondo has a VERY good shot  ;D
?? Zero chance.  Being a more well-rounded defensive player does absolutely nothing in the chase for the quadruple double unless you're elite in one of the categories (ala Hakeem).  LeBron is nowhere close to a dominant shot blocker and he's not as good as Rondo at stealing the ball.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I agree that a triple-20 or even a 5-5-5-5-5 is a lot more likely than a quadruple double. Rondo isn't a big shot blocker, so I also don't think he has a realistic chance at 5-5-5-5-5.

But in a playoff game where he's really feeling it and there are a couple overtimes, I think he could have a shot at a 20-20-20.

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 11:04:51 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I think that there are other players with a better shot at a quadruple double than Lebron. What you need to be in order to get there is a defensive ace big with high usage on offense who can pass well. If you go looking for guys who fit the profile, the name at the top of the list might surprise you

it's Josh Smith.

Among active players, I think Tim Duncan's window is closing, but in his prime he would have had as good a shot at it as anyone. Joakim Noah also bears watching- he is passing the ball well and a lot more of Chicago's offense is going through him.

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 11:11:54 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I think he has a much better chance at a 20-20-20 or 5-5-5-5-5 game, and I am sure he will have at least one of those games. But come playoff times, when Rondo is motivated, the q-double isn't so far away.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 11:13:32 AM »

Offline banty19

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 25
Unfortunately, looks like Rondo has almost no chance at a quadruple double. His career high in steals is 8, which was a little under 2 years ago (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/rajon_rondo/career_stats.html). And according to a link I just checked out, he has 14 regular season triple-doubles. The odds that he can have a career night in steals and a big rebound night are incredibly low.

« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2012, 11:15:49 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
he could do it for sure if you count turnovers.
you can.  it doesn't matter if it's a 'positive' category or not.

this is what popped into my head when I saw this topic.

« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2012, 11:19:29 AM »

Offline banty19

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 25
And hard to see it happening on the other end. Even Dwight Howard has only 10 blocks once (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dwight_howard/career_stats.html). And about 10-15 players have had 10+ blocks since 2000 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_players_with_most_blocks_in_a_game).

But still far more likely than steals. 2 people have done this since 2000: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_players_with_most_steals_in_a_game

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
I think Kobe had a triple double a couple of weeks ago, with 20+ pts, 10+ast and 10 TOs.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG