Author Topic: The Lakers are a mess!  (Read 3962 times)

Re: The Lakers are a mess!
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 02:46:29 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Did they run an offensive play all night?  It was literally just Kobe iso, him posting up whoever was on him even if he was 15 feet or more from the hoop.
Bradley blew up most of the plays they tried to initiate with Nash handling by that time in the game when Nash started to tire.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 03:08:01 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Haven't you heard?  They're getting lebron in 2014
Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

The League, ie Stern, wants strong teams in LA and NYC for marketing reasons and will do things behind the scenes to ensure that happens. Yes, the Clippers are strong, but they aren't the Lakers, so expect more dumb deals by GM's of other teams and other strange occurrences over the next couple of years.

And yes, I'm cynical. ;)

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 03:13:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Haven't you heard?  They're getting lebron in 2014
Wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

The League, ie Stern, wants strong teams in LA and NYC for marketing reasons and will do things behind the scenes to ensure that happens. Yes, the Clippers are strong, but they aren't the Lakers, so expect more dumb deals by GM's of other teams and other strange occurrences over the next couple of years.

And yes, I'm cynical. ;)

The only thing preventing Stern from helping to make this happen is that he's retiring next year, before LeBron hits free agency.  Otherwise, yes.