Author Topic: Yeah, I wish we still had Perkins...  (Read 16539 times)

Re: Yeah, I wish we still had Perkins...
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2012, 09:33:24 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Perk looked good last night against the Lakers. Doing everything the Thunder need him to do -- setting great picks, playing tough defense, and continually irritating the hell out of the opponent. This team misses a lot of what Perk brings to the game.

Yea see above. what are you talking about?

he got murdered  ???

I think I can find the above stat line vs howard for less than 10 mill a year.

Who won the game? Once again, we resort to stats when we talk about Perk. Where did I say I wanted to pay Perk $10 million a year and wanted him back? What I did say is the Celts miss the attitude and toughness that a guy like Perk brings to a team. But wait, there is no stat like that, so I guess I don't know anything about basketball.  ::)

are you honestly going to sit here and say his awful play was actually good because "they won the game?"

they won the game because they have 3 dominate players in Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka.

And a TP for you as well good sir, I have apparently offended the nostialga crowd by misspeaking on his deal by a mill. I will again rephrase.

Post 2010, he is not worth his 8.3/8.9 Million cap hit.

This does not, since it will be the first thing thrown at me, mean I have a hard on for Jeff green or the trade in general.

This means I am a realist, and actually watch that team, and he is not good right now, at this moment. It doesn't diminish the player he was during the Championship run and beyond, but that guys gone, at least for now.

I love the big fella, I dearly hope he will return to pre-ACL injury form at some point, but that injury was a long time ago and he hasen't regained his lift, so I'm beginning to lose that hope.

This whole staunch "you can't say bad stuff about perk, remember 2007-2010!!!!?" movement reminds me SO MUCH of leon. you couldn't point out how he was a different player after the injury without people coming out of the wood work to tell you how stupid you were.  ::)

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2012, 09:56:48 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 717
Ive been saying this and beatin this dead horse since the trade. Hated the trade then, hated the trade in the middle, still greatly hate the trade now. Perkins was our attitude, our chemistry, and a leader in our brotherhood. Loosing him was the Celtics biggest mistake of the last few years.

absolutely - we have missed him on & off the court since Danny gave him away - i still say the Celts win the title in 2011 if Danny doesn't try to get clever with the worst trade since John Y was here.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:59 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

I think I can find the above stat line vs howard for less than 10 mill a year.

How many times are you going to inflate the amount of money Perk makes?  Can you post a link for the number you are using, or are you purposely misstating his salary to bolster your argument. 

Here's a link to NBA salaries

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Here's another one

http://storytellerscontracts.info/

Here's Perk's deal with OKC

2012-2013 $8.3m per Storytellers, $7.8m per Hoopshype

In this thread, you claimed

He's been injured and generally awful at 9 million a year since the trade.

they got rid of harden BECAUSE of perk. Perks 9/mill per limited them in what they could offer Harden. you really think they don't want a do over on that one?

His cap hit is $8.9m next yer per Storytellers.

Do you have a different site where you get these salary numbers?

Shamsports.com and Hoopsworld.com are usually the most accurate along with Storytellers. Hoopshype probably doesn't include likely incentives.

Storytellers', Shamsports' and Hoopsworld's numbers:
This Season: 8.3 M $
2013-14: 9.0 M $ (8.977 should be rounded up, not down)
2014-15: 9.7 M $
So 9 M $/year seems to be a fair call. Or 8.6 M $/year if you include last season.

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2012, 10:19:20 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Ive been saying this and beatin this dead horse since the trade. Hated the trade then, hated the trade in the middle, still greatly hate the trade now. Perkins was our attitude, our chemistry, and a leader in our brotherhood. Loosing him was the Celtics biggest mistake of the last few years.

absolutely - we have missed him on & off the court since Danny gave him away - i still say the Celts win the title in 2011 if Danny doesn't try to get clever with the worst trade since John Y was here.

If we're missing slow ineptitude im pretty sure we could grab eddy curry from somewhere.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2012, 12:49:26 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
The OKC Thunder made it to the NBA Finals last year and are tied for the best record in the NBA this year, in spite of the slow, untalented, worthless, joke of a center they start each game. And, it is amazing to me how stupid they are. They still start this guy every game despite how poorly they have played since they got him. I would fire the GM and coach right now. I mean seriously. You would think that they could start a 260-pound piece of cement at center and have a better record than they do starting Perkins. What a stupid organization.

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Do they play Perk at the end of games?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2012, 12:54:52 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Do they play Perk at the end of games?

They have the ones I have watched this year.

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 01:04:01 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

But who plays backup SF after 'Quis goes down with that spinal injury?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
...even if we would have overpaid to keep him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kendrick-perkins-soothes-egos--resolves-issues-in-thunder-locker-room-071044932.html

This is just another story about how Perkins helps out his team and teammates.

Doc and KG sure helped shape a good young man who is growing into a useful intelligent veteran.

Miss 'ya, Perk.
And I wish we had a team which didn't need a babysitter.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Perk does a good job of staying out of the way of Durrant  and letting the other four guys play the game. He is a huge cheerleader and tuff man who has everybodies back. Durrant is built like a twig.   

He is sorta just there as the 5 man on the court...sorta a place keeper... ;D

Still would take Perk back over Collins....I just LOVE Perks scowl ....priceless.   I love Perk staring down the Heat players.

Bring him back DA 

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2012, 02:20:26 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

But who plays backup SF after 'Quis goes down with that spinal injury?

We could have easily replaced Quis' 5 points and 2 rebounds and 19 minutes a game by a number of players in the free agency market.

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2012, 02:23:05 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
BTW, the Oklahoman beat writer has Perk earning $7.8m a year. Last night, Perk held Roy Hibbert to 10 points on 9 shots, and 6 rebounds.  Perk had 4 points on 2 shots and 9 rebounds.

Perk also did a solid job in the final minutes, pulling down a bunch of defensive rebounds. 

The Thunder are now 89-23 since jettisoning Jeff Green. I'm sure none of this success has to do with Perkins.     

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
The Thunder are now 89-23 since jettisoning Jeff Green. I'm sure none of this success has to do with Perkins.     
Yes, I'm sure it's because of Perkins, who's clearly half the player he was before the injury (to the extent to which one-on-one defense has become his only tangible skill), and nothing to do with the emergence of Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka.  Not to mention Harden, while he was there ::)

If I could have those three, I'd give Jeff Green back to OKC _and_ let them keep Perkins.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 03:37:39 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
BTW, the Oklahoman beat writer has Perk earning $7.8m a year. Last night, Perk held Roy Hibbert to 10 points on 9 shots, and 6 rebounds.  Perk had 4 points on 2 shots and 9 rebounds.

Perk also did a solid job in the final minutes, pulling down a bunch of defensive rebounds. 

That's what Hibberts been getting anyway, with or without Perkins.

How'd they go against D.west?

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 04:07:35 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Yes, I'm sure it's because of Perkins, who's clearly half the player he was before the injury (to the extent to which one-on-one defense has become his only tangible skill), and nothing to do with the emergence of Westbrook, Durant, and Ibaka.  Not to mention Harden, while he was there ::)

If I could have those three, I'd give Jeff Green back to OKC _and_ let them keep Perkins.

Perkins has helped those guys grow off the floor and has been a leader on the floor does the dirty work and lets them get all the glory which they do deserve because they're great players but every Jordan needs his rodman(I realize hes not Dennis)....they have no one else who can defend Roy hibbert, Tim Duncan, zach randolph and others....Perkins has helped them in ways his stats wont tell you....why cant you except it? They're going nowhere in the west playoffs without him playing well alongside ibaka against the great frointcourts in the west.