Author Topic: Felger and Tanguay address Rondo's Mexico comment  (Read 11674 times)

Felger and Tanguay address Rondo's Mexico comment
« on: December 05, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
http://www.csnne.com/pages/video?PID=uvXM2-D_X1_dNXn_UxU_2zib5JXhY8_zUYddkA Its kind of sad how they dont quite get the joke, instead trying to flip it to try to show how "immature" he is. Its also sad how Tanguay changes his stance on Rondo depending on which people hes around. High School is over dude, be a man.

Re: Felger and Tanguay address Rondo's Mexico comment
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:10:35 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Mazz is generally a good guy, but I really can't help thinking that there's more than a little racism in Felger's passionate hating on NBA players and the sport in general.  Tanguay is, as you say, just a narcissist who will do anything to get attention and approval.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:13:33 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
I think Mazz is generally a good guy, but I really can't help thinking that there's more than a little racism in Felger's passionate hating on NBA players and the sport in general.  Tanguay is, as you say, just a narcissist who will do anything to get attention and approval.
Dude i honestly feel kind of the same way about felger. Theres a little undercurrent of anomosity towards black folks from him IMO.

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Dude i honestly feel kind of the same way about felger. Theres a little undercurrent of anomosity towards black folks from him IMO.

My feeling is that when you hear guys like Felger talk about how the NBA is full of "entitled" and "spoiled" athletes who want everything their own way and how its such a "star driven league" and that's a bad thing, then they extol the virtues of the NHL where everybody is a "hard worker" and has "grit" and "character," it's hard not to see the code language of race at play.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 03:13:18 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
i knew i was going to be infuriated watching it yet i still watched it....

why did i watch it?  :-[

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 04:54:59 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

It's like when I read Heat fan comments. Ignorant, half the time offensive and generally gets a rise out of me.

I guess it's also like when I have a scab. Can't help but pick at it but I know that it'll probably lead to some pain.

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:05 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
ahh felger
anyone think their ratings go down as soon as he comes on?

i for one change the channel immediately, his only saving grace in my eyes would be that its an act for brewing up arguments and increasing ratings

hate him

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 05:22:22 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

It's like when I read Heat fan comments. Ignorant, half the time offensive and generally gets a rise out of me.

I guess it's also like when I have a scab. Can't help but pick at it but I know that it'll probably lead to some pain.
Perfect analogy. I know i will always get so p---ed off but sometimes i cant help myself.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:24:13 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
I just wish they would have people who dont hate the team theyre covering. Its one thing if they are not a fan but to be the exact opposite? Why? Also, they should have the anchors cover their own sports. Why should Andy Gresh ever utter a word about the Celtics?

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 05:24:53 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

lol tp

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 06:02:20 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
I just wish they would have people who dont hate the team theyre covering. Its one thing if they are not a fan but to be the exact opposite? Why? Also, they should have the anchors cover their own sports. Why should Andy Gresh ever utter a word about the Celtics?

i don't need the local guys covering local sports to be total fanboys, but i certainly dont tune into 98.5 to listen to guys bagging on my favorite NBA team.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
You took the bait of two entertainers. Pay them no mind

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

My feeling is that when you hear guys like Felger talk about how the NBA is full of "entitled" and "spoiled" athletes who want everything their own way and how its such a "star driven league" and that's a bad thing, then they extol the virtues of the NHL where everybody is a "hard worker" and has "grit" and "character," it's hard not to see the code language of race at play.

I think you are taking it way overboard with these "race" comments. A lot of what he says about the NBA is true to.

Is there anyone in sports who act more entitled than the poster boys of the NBA Dwight Howard and Lebron James?

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Wow couldn't agree more....I am so annoyed and so intolerable to felger and his opinions on rondo and the celtics hes actually losing a fan and longtime listener to his radio station I'm going back to weei for my celtics..and you absolutely couldn't be any more right about tanguay....what a clown and tp for you!

Funny thing is they're more immature then rondo if you listened to them enough...
Sticking up for a teammate is not immature....rondo could cure cancer and they'd call him a fool

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:14 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Or it could be that Felger grew up in Wisconsin and is a huge hockey and NHL fan and was never really exposed to the NBA and good basketball until he came to Boston at the end on the Bird era.

Some people just don't like the NBA.