Author Topic: Green and Lee both called bad signings  (Read 7221 times)

Re: Green and Lee both called bad signings
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 92

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 122
I think Courtney Lee is doing fine. He has struggled a bit with his shot and understanding where his shots are coming from but he looks a lot more settled over the past couple of weeks and is gradually improving. In another couple of weeks, he'll be right where we want him performance wise.  I have no problem with Lee's value. I think his contract is fair for a player with his abilities / performance level.

Jeff Green is vastly overpaid but that was always going to be the case because he is only a 20-25 minute a night backup forward here. Very hard to earn your $9 million in that role. Based on his play so far, I'd value him somewhere around $4 million. So yeah, I'd say Green is one of the worst money vs performance signings of the summer to date.
did u happen to see Taj Gibson nd jeremy Lin's contracts as compared to their performances? lol

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2012, 10:33:37 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Blatche's game today: 22/15/ 4 steals on 61% shooting. Over last 5 games he's averaging 19/11. I think Green needs more than a string of decent five games to prove he's on Blatche's level.

and yet you use Blatche's last 5 games to say why hes better..

I can guarantee you that if Blatche continues this play, he WONT be a vet min player next year...he was fools gold found by the Nets.

if Green can give you 15points, 5rebounds a game...thats the sort of player you get for 9million$

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2012, 10:49:57 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Hollinger and ESPN are being idiots. As celtics fans we watch the games and know that jeff green has the potential to be a steal at 9 million per year. I know there are many members that agree with me on this since they constantly state that they see it as well.
You know what potential means?

Potential is the word people use when describing someone that hasn't done anything yet.

I don't think after 5 years in the league the Celtics should have dished out $36 million for Green's potential. And that is why the contract he got is so bad.

No one comes in to the league having done anything. They are drafted and paid on their potential. Green has the potential its just that Doc chooses to sit him on the bench all game so it never shows. No one can play better than he has in the limited time of 22 minutes.
Players with 22 MPG or less that are having better years than Green:

Markief Morris
Martell Webster
Nate Robinson
Andray Blatche
Javale McGee
Tiaggo Splitter
Eric Bledsoe

Enough with the blaming of Doc. Doc isn't the one that has played 8 games where he wasn't able to do just about anything at all in those games. That was Green. Look at some of these box scores he has posted this year:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/greenje02/gamelog/2013/

Besides the fact that in 11 of those games he couldn't score in double figures, or that in 15 of those games he couldn't get more than 4 rebounds, he has played horrid defense in just about all of them.

$9 million a year for potential from a 5 year vet is just an idiotic, stupid, ridiculous contract that at this point really can not be defended against what Green has delivered.

Don't want Blatche. Hes a good offensive player but a horrible locker room presense unlike Jeff Green. He's also selfish and a ballhog.

Not sure if you have been watching but Blatche has been one of the best players on the Nets the past few games and I'm talking about just watching him play and not his box score. This is contrast to Green who always looks lost on the floor despite his box score. But no I'm sure you would rather have Green's strong locker room leadership than a player that actually helps the team win. and please STOP bringing up the fact that Green does more than his box score. I'm sure we can all agree he does considerably less.

Blatche is a head case. He was producing well last year and his team didn't want him back.

« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2012, 12:01:02 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Blatche shot 38% from the field last season with a post-Lakers Lamar Odom-ish level of production.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2012, 12:22:51 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Andray Blatche. Young guy. Huge talent. Complete headcase.

But at the league minimum, there shouldn't be a person on this blog that says they wouldn't want him on this team playing the way he is this year.

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think Jeff Green will come around.  Lee on the other hand, is so not clutch. ???
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2012, 10:44:32 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
I think Jeff Green will come around.  Lee on the other hand, is so not clutch. ???

that airball from Lee was horrible...but he's only taking about 5shots a game so I wouldnt get too caught up about his offensive PPG. defensively he's been real nice for this club.

I like the idea of having Lee/Bradley to stick on wade in a potential playoff series with Miami

the guy is a career 40% 3 poitn shooter...you have to think those shots will eventually go down...even Ray allen has gone through poor stretches with us.