Author Topic: Green and Lee both called bad signings  (Read 7244 times)

Re: Green and Lee both called bad signings
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:37 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
So clearly the Steve Nash signing is an F?

But seriously I always give my assessments at the beginning of the season not the end

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 08:34:20 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
When Bradley comes back, we are going to be loaded at the backcourt and someone will have to go. Barbosa has been playing great in the backup role, so he is ot going anywhere..Still think he may see a Bass and Lee trade for a big. Utah looks like a great trade partner. Big Al, Milsap, Favors, Enes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 09:06:12 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am always amused over the outrage generated by these national knuckleheads.  Who cares what they have to say? I ignore all of them.

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not exactly enamored with the messenger, in this case Hollinger, but he is right on the money with his observations.

I have not been a fan of most of Danny's off season signings with the exception being the Rasheed and JET signings. He just doesn't hit on these things most of the time. He does draft well.

I mean, Green should have had a one year $10 million deal and that's it and Lee had been on three teams in four years and his last team didn't want him back. But Danny gives him a fully loaded MLE contract. I don't get it and it doesn't surprise me that they are not playing well.

JET's struggles at times does surprise me though.

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:00 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
In what way has Lee fallen behind Barbosa??

Time to get some facts straight hollinger.

I noticed that too...looked like it was possible for a handful of games so its not too farfetched though...just not facts

Beat me to it as well. Since when has Barbosa been playing over Lee? Hollinger just making up crap to try and make a point. Can we ban Hollinger from celticsblog? Anybody?
I don't really disagree with his assessment of either player so far, but the Barbosa playing over Lee thing is pretty strange thing to say.

Lee has played 200 minutes more than Barbosa and looking at the game log I'm not sure he's ever played less than Barbosa in a single game. Plus Lee has played only 60 minutes less than Terry.

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 09:42:15 AM »

Offline jbaerg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
Any signing that doesn't involve Lebron is crap to John Hollinger.

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 09:49:29 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Not exactly enamored with the messenger, in this case Hollinger, but he is right on the money with his observations.

I have not been a fan of most of Danny's off season signings with the exception being the Rasheed and JET signings. He just doesn't hit on these things most of the time. He does draft well.

I mean, Green should have had a one year $10 million deal and that's it and Lee had been on three teams in four years and his last team didn't want him back. But Danny gives him a fully loaded MLE contract. I don't get it and it doesn't surprise me that they are not playing well.

JET's struggles at times does surprise me though.

Very very well said. See people its not so hard to be objective.......I'm surprised anyone gets bitter about hollingers points on this one. You have no case.

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 10:09:53 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'll hold my breath before All-star break or probably even at the end of season to decide if Green and Lee signing is a failure. So far, Hollinger is right but they can still turn it around.

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 10:29:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Bad signings as of now.

I think Lee has a better chance to make good on his deal just because of the lower value.

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2012, 11:59:37 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
There's a difference between accessing a player and being disappointed, and considering someone a bad signing. Though related, not the same, and nothing Holliger has said (inaccuracies and all) has any bearing on me considering those two a bad signing.

« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
It's not their fault.  Almost everybody on this board was overrating the crap out of them.  They were never going to be above average rotation players.

You guys don't think Danny knew they weren't worth that much money?  He had to do it, Ray left an enormous gap.

I wouldn't mind trading either one for a big (I'd feel confident enough with a Bradley-Barbosa-Lee perimeter) but if we stick it out with them they'll both somewhat improve eventually.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
They both have looked good the past 2 games  ;D

In regards to Lee shouldn't it be noted that he was second best in corner 3% last year. Have you seen his numbers this year?

Unless he is an absolute cholesterol artist mental midget you have to think those will start falling at a lot higher rate. And if he starts knocking that down with confidence I think with everything else he brings he will be a great signing

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2012, 01:57:40 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Disagree, I think so far Barbosa has been the best acquisition of the off season. Not to mention, Barbosa was signed for a tenth of what Courtney Lee was signed for.

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »

Offline Shad0wman

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 10
Oh Em GEEE!!

I'm so super glad some sports writer told me this. I wouldn't have a clue what's going on w/o them.

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2012, 09:53:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Disagree, I think so far Barbosa has been the best acquisition of the off season. Not to mention, Barbosa was signed for a tenth of what Courtney Lee was signed for.

None of that has anything to do with Lee falling behind Barbosa or not, which he's not.