Author Topic: Sam Delambert: Prime Buyout Candidate  (Read 2622 times)

Sam Delambert: Prime Buyout Candidate
« on: December 02, 2012, 10:23:31 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I've been carrying on here since the summer about raiding the Bucks front court for some length, but my dreams of Larry Sanders are going up in smoke with his recent play. I'd still be interested in Udoh.

That said, a guy to watch is SD. If he keeps riding pine, he'll likely get bought out. He'd be a nice addition to the Cs.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Sam Delambert: Prime Buyout Candidate
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 10:27:43 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've been carrying on here since the summer about raiding the Bucks front court for some length, but my dreams of Larry Sanders are going up in smoke with his recent play. I'd still be interested in Udoh.

That said, a guy to watch is SD. If he keeps riding pine, he'll likely get bought out. He'd be a nice addition to the Cs.

Sorry if I'm don't get excited about someone becoming a buyout candidate, a player that has a possibility to going to another contender... like the Heat.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:28:51 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the Bucks are battling for a playoff spot, it would be stupid for them to buy him out when he still has intrinsic value as a player.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:09:37 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah, it's hard to see Sammy Dalembert getting bought out.  Even if he were bought out, I would tend to think he'd go to a team that gave him a more certain chance of winning, unless somebody offered him a starting job.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:33:37 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bucks are an 8th seed contender. Sammy D is more valuable to them if they can make the playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 09:06:02 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
How much is he making? Could we possibly make a simple trade even?

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

6.7 mil, then his contract is done.

Courtney Lee and Jason Collins could work eventually, but I can't imagine a mid market team being to keen on giving Courtney that much money over the next 4 years.

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Bucks are an 8th seed contender. Sammy D is more valuable to them if they can make the playoffs.

Yeah, I think it doesn't make much sense for them to buyout a guy who could potentially help them in the playoffs.

I think if Sammy is bought out, it will be because he is traded as an expiring contract as part of a bigger deal. 

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 11:06:28 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Yeah, I think it doesn't make much sense for them to buyout a guy who could potentially help them in the playoffs.

I think if Sammy is bought out, it will be because he is traded as an expiring contract as part of a bigger deal.

Understood. Too early to know. If he indeed continues to ride pine, the Bucks get worse, and / or he'll take a substantial cut -- i'd say it remains a possibility.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 12:46:33 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

6.7 mil, then his contract is done.

Courtney Lee and Jason Collins could work eventually, but I can't imagine a mid market team being to keen on giving Courtney that much money over the next 4 years.

No argument from me on that. I thought it was a three year deal tho no?

What about Melo and lee is that anymore enticing? Or a second rounder if we have one?

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Only if he's producing at that point. He might be injured by then, or, more likely, moody and petulant for being benched in favor of Sanders/Udoh.

A third possibility: Bucks package Dalembert and other expiring deals and assets to land a big name at the deadline, and Sammy's new team buys him out.

Even if he's not moved, I think it's quite possible that Dalembert asks his way out of Milwaukee to join a team on a deep playoff run.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
If Dally is bought out, I'm guessing he'll be most comfortable ring chasing in Miami.