Author Topic: SAC/NOH/BOS Trade Idea  (Read 1662 times)

SAC/NOH/BOS Trade Idea
« on: December 03, 2012, 05:11:21 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
SAC trades: Thornton, J Johnson
SAC gets: Jeff Green, Henry, BOS 2013 1st

NOH trades: Lopez, Aminu, Henry
NOH gets: Bass, Terry, Collins

BOS trades: Green, Bass, Terry, Collins, 2013 1st
BOS gets: Thornton, Lopez, J Johnson, Aminu

I think this checks a number of short and long term boxes for each team involved. The deals could basically be done separately but from Boston's perspective I'd want to have value for one of our 2s before I'd trade for Marcus.

Appreciate thoughts, thanks.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: SAC/NOH/BOS Trade Idea
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »

Offline henr1k

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Don't really like the trade cause it doesn't makes sense for all the teams. I would like to see your reasoning.
IMO Boston kind of solves one problem (def+reb with Lopez) but creates another.(who is going to play SF when PP sits/gets injured - don't say Johnson cause he is terrible - 36% FG)
Bass isn't a good fit in NO and 1st rounder from BOS isn't enough to take Green's contract.

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Don't really like the trade cause it doesn't makes sense for all the teams. I would like to see your reasoning.
IMO Boston kind of solves one problem (def+reb with Lopez) but creates another.(who is going to play SF when PP sits/gets injured - don't say Johnson cause he is terrible - 36% FG)
Bass isn't a good fit in NO and 1st rounder from BOS isn't enough to take Green's contract.

Aminu, of course.

But why on the earth Hornets will do this trade?
They are giving up players aged 24, 22 and 21.
For what? An undersized PF plus two veterans aged 35 and 34.

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
SAC: They need a long term solution at the 3, and Green needs a starting job to become the player he should be. Thornton is an excellent player but plays Evans position.

NOH: They get very solid veteran players to guide a young team in need of leadership. Terry fits in immediately, plays a lot, and helps mentor Rivers. Bass is a local guy who bolsters a rotation up front with Anderson and the Brow. I think this deal improves them considerably.

BOS: Green's weak play in spurts makes him a funky fit in Boston, their defense is surprisingly poor, their rebounding suffers when KG only plays the 5, and they have a conspicuous lack of size.

So they get a terrific scorer who is an upgrade at the 2, and a legit center. Aminu needs a clear role -- he gets one in Boston. Defense and board in 15 minutes a night at the 3. He's in a contract year so he plays his toosh off. Same for Johnson, if and when he gets minutes.

Btw, you could swap Lee in for Terry, but i think the deal makes more sense for both NOH and BOS with Terry in there...

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:03:50 PM by ssspence »
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:59:30 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

Aminu, of course.

Because they have far more important young players to focus on. I seriously doubt Aminu or Henry are in their long term plans. Presumably, Demps and Williams want to build a solid basketball organization, not another Trailblazers...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 06:34:47 PM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54

Aminu, of course.

Because they have far more important young players to focus on. I seriously doubt Aminu or Henry are in their long term plans. Presumably, Demps and Williams want to build a solid basketball organization, not another Trailblazers...

They have got really good players and Henry is expandable judging by the current structure of their roster.
But Aminu is basically their sole SF right now. And as far as I watched him play, he has great upside because of his freaking athleticism.

Still, don't think they are interested in bringing in veterans.
They aren't winning this year, or next. Their team is too young to go look for veterans to build a solid basketball organization.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 07:20:42 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

I think this checks a number of short and long term boxes for each team involved. The deals could basically be done separately but from Boston's perspective I'd want to have value for one of our 2s before I'd trade for Marcus.

You should be a little more clear on the names here... there are multiple J. Johnson's in the league and James is not the first one that comes immediately to mind.  There are also multiple Lopez in the league (and the one you mentioned in the trade has only been with his current team for less than 20 games), multiple Thorntons in the league and I honestly had no clue who "Henry" was until I googled it.

I'm sure you put a lot of time into thinking this trade through, so just a tip, put the extra little time into making it clearer for the readers who the players involved are.  TP
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:10 PM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
wow. after this trade these three teams will be unrecognizable.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 09:27:52 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

You should be a little more clear on the names here... there are multiple J. Johnson's in the league and James is not the first one that comes immediately to mind.  There are also multiple Lopez in the league (and the one you mentioned in the trade has only been with his current team for less than 20 games), multiple Thorntons in the league and I honestly had no clue who "Henry" was until I googled it.

I'm sure you put a lot of time into thinking this trade through, so just a tip, put the extra little time into making it clearer for the readers who the players involved are.  TP

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Mike

(My name is not Mike)