Author Topic: Dwight Howard Already Saying He'll Leave LA For Another Championship Contender  (Read 10931 times)

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Want to play with Rondo.

Are there still fans that would take this loser?

What makes any fan think he would go to their team and become a different person.  He's proven the kind of man he is.  He's a loser and a horrible teammate.

I'm always baffled by fans thinking malcontents will change their personality with a change of scenery.  Let's bring Nate, Sheed, and Starbury back too.
I would gladly take this loser lol
Can you imagine Dwight and KG in the back court on defense?
Or Rondo lobbing him over and over and over and over and over. It would be like Chris Wilcox alley oops on steroids. Our defense and rebounding against the Heat and Bulls would be just nasty. KG would sort his attitude out too.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Want to play with Rondo.

Are there still fans that would take this loser?

What makes any fan think he would go to their team and become a different person.  He's proven the kind of man he is.  He's a loser and a horrible teammate.

I'm always baffled by fans thinking malcontents will change their personality with a change of scenery.  Let's bring Nate, Sheed, and Starbury back too.
I would gladly take this loser lol
Can you imagine Dwight and KG in the back court on defense?
Or Rondo lobbing him over and over and over and over and over. It would be like Chris Wilcox alley oops on steroids. Our defense and rebounding against the Heat and Bulls would be just nasty. KG would sort his attitude out too.

^exactly, I would also gladly take this loser. Don't like him, but if that is going to help us, then why not?

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
If Rondo can get alley-oops with KG or Wilcox late in close games he'll manage with Dwight.
If you're trying to convince me that "getting alley-oops" is some form of legitimate NBA go-to offence, you're wasting your time.

Rondo's more comfortable shooting late in games than he used to be, we're scoring well late in games when he plays and he gets tons of assists late in games. If you want some convincing, show why the Celts would be suddenly unable to score with Howard on the team first.
I'm sure he's getting a ton of assists. Given that he's the only guy who handles the ball when he's on the court these days, he either will get an assist, or he won't.

But knee-jerk reaction aside, he remains somewhat of a one-trick pony offensively: he's not going to beat you with his ranged game, much like Howard is not going to beat you with his post game. Add this to the fact that you can put both of them on the line at will, and you've got a pretty bad offensive package already.

First of all Rondo's been beating people with jumpers all year. And those tons of assists Rondo's getting in crunch time obviously lead to many points, which is what we want to see. You might not think that Rondo or Howard are going to start scoring like LeBron in crunch time, but they'll both score some and they aren't the only players on the court. Our scoring in crunch time is up quite a bit this year, and it's not because we have a franchise player scoring all the points.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I do not want that championship-**** in our locker-room or anywhere near our team.

Paul Pierce should be an example to all Lebrons, CP3s and other guys who want championships. He has been here during tough times and has endured losses, humiliation and similiar stuff. Did he ever whine or demand a trade? No! He stuck it up and stayed loyal to his team and a as result of the hard work he earned himself a ring. This is what sportsmanship is all about, not whining or demanding trades just to win titles.

And was ready to ask to be traded before the trades that brought KG and Ray Allen to Boston. 

KG went to a 2nd team to win a title. 

Ray Allen was on his 3rd team. 

Teams that get to keep star and win titles are the team that find ways to bring in other real stars. 

Minnesota didn't.

Orlando didn't.

Cleveland didn't

Toronto didn't.

Boston did

LA did

Miami did

SA did. 

One way or another, they found a way to bring in other stars. 

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Erm isn't this from when he was playing in Orlando? Totally taken out of context lol.
What a scumbag journalist.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Hey I'd take him if he forces a trade to Boston. Let's be honest, most of us will be laughing at the Lakers if it happens.